or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4272  

post #64066 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

I don't think I was overly harsh at all. But for god's sake-if you are going to be sensitive about people's opinions, don't go post pics of yourself in a public forum.

You're right, what kind of forum seeks out new members. The healthy approach is outsiders be damned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post

Mr. Daniels, closing the bottom button only is, in a way, making the best of a bad situation. Staringxgold, you may not read this, but that suit just doesn't work on your frame -- and, to be honest, while I like clothes that are fairly loose, I have to admit: that jacket looks too tight through the chest and waist. Sizing up might work, but it might also be that that brand cuts for people with different proportions to yours.

It was literally directly, freshly, off the hangar from the tailor's. So i guess nothing will fit properly.
post #64067 of 78724

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034/ref=la_B000AP9HSG_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384002577&sr=1-1

 

I feel like some people could benefit from reading this book. There's a chapter on how to critique without sounding like a cunt.

post #64068 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

You are an idiot. Congratulations on looking like an ignorant, low-class rube in professional circles. No use in trying to help the hopeless.


Let us all take another look at this well-fitting suit in all its sartorial glory:

...


In spite of your ridiculous and defensive attitude, I think you are to be commended for employing a tailor that is both blind and mentally handicapped. Also, bless you...finally Mens Wearhouse salesmen have someone to look down on.

Are you done?
post #64069 of 78724
Sir, I beg you.....Mr Attolini deserves a better looking, more understated tie. please do him right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarip4 View Post

Yesterday's more conservative look: 

Attolini dark brown, light blue pin striped suit
light indigo Thomas Mason cloth shirt
renaissance-inspired print Enrico Venturi tie
Robert Talbott pocket square
JM Weston dark brown square toe oxfords





post #64070 of 78724
As a recent newb, I have to disagree with the fact that people here are snobs. When they give feedback it is mostly constructive and not offensive or derogatory. I have survived WAYWRN for about 6 months and counting and I have to say these people here are helpful, not snobs (well maybe some). When you post a pic here you are being critiqued and people's intentions (for the most part) are to help.
post #64071 of 78724

Stax, be cool and listen to Rudals-Noodles.  This thread is the most brutal of them all, and getting upset about it isn't going to help.  A lot of members are very blunt - especially here - and some are downright and deliberately rude.  It doesn't matter.  It's the internet, it's not real.  We all know that the rudest ones have acne and live in their mothers' basements.  That's just how forums work.

 

Take a deep breath, and realise none of this is personal - even when it is.  It's just a mixture of snap observations and languid abuse by strangers who don't really know or care who you are.  And that's OK.  Fasten the correct button on your jacket, post another pic (include shoes) and let's start again.  Everything will be fine, as long as you never, ever get upset.  Promise.

post #64072 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034/ref=la_B000AP9HSG_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384002577&sr=1-1

I feel like some people could benefit from reading this book. There's a chapter on how to critique without sounding like a cunt.

Is there a chapter on responding to constructive criticism with arrogance and defensiveness? I generally am quite welcoming, kind and much more constructive to the newbies than most people here. But some people just cannot be helped. And then it is fun to take pot-shots.

I think a great comparison here could be the relatively new Kai, who is also an attorney. He clearly spends a great deal of money on and pays a lot of attention to his wardrobe. And he has needed some refinement, and that is why he posts on here. And he has taken people's advice and critique with a great deal of grace and improved, and that is what this board should be used for.
post #64073 of 78724

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

post #64074 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

As a recent newb, I have to disagree with the fact that people here are snobs. When they give feedback it is mostly constructive and not offensive or derogatory. I have survived WAYWRN for about 6 months and counting and I have to say these people here are helpful, not snobs (well maybe some). When you post a pic here you are being critiqued and people's intentions (for the most part) are to help.

We have had (and lost due to ridiculous nit-picking) some of the best-dressed men in America have stupid, obsessive comments made on this board about their suits that were fitted to them by renowned master tailors. "Oh, it really needs another eighth of an inch waist suppression...I think the back of the jacket really needs to be letting one more centimeter of the shirt showing..." And this guy thinks he can post a pic of a suit that makes him look like a scarecrow outfitted by Goodwill and we should all throw roses at him and say that he is well-dressed? And mind you, this is not some college kid trying for a budget suit to go to a semi-formal, this is a practicing attorney making a court appearance.
post #64075 of 78724
gmledbet: nice.
post #64076 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansimeon View Post
 

 

New trousers with double pleats and 9" leg opening. Might get used to the fullness, but right now it feels like I borrowed them from my grampa. :) 

You inspire me to wear a few of the pleated trousers I intended sale.  Nice look.

post #64077 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Stax, be cool and listen to Rudals-Noodles.  This thread is the most brutal of them all, and getting upset about it isn't going to help.  A lot of members are very blunt - especially here - and some are downright and deliberately rude.  It doesn't matter.  It's the internet, it's not real.  We all know that the rudest ones have acne and live in their mothers' basements.  That's just how forums work.

Take a deep breath, and realise none of this is personal - even when it is.  It's just a mixture of snap observations and languid abuse by strangers who don't really know or care who you are.  And that's OK.  Fasten the correct button on your jacket, post another pic (include shoes) and let's start again.  Everything will be fine, as long as you never, ever get upset.  Promise.

Wise contribution. Correct approach.
post #64078 of 78724

For example, Mimo once made fun of Rudals too hard. So Rudals and I ate his dog. Turns out, Mimo never had a dog. Whose dog did we eat?

post #64079 of 78724

Try of a low contrast outfit:

 

 

Full shot and details (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #64080 of 78724
I personally don't think Mr. Daniels initial critique was rude. His comments thereafter were response to Stan's overdefensive comments.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III