Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4267post #63991 of 7872411/7/13 at 2:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63992 of 7872411/7/13 at 2:28pmpost #63993 of 7872411/7/13 at 3:44pm
Just to show that I can do normal occasionally...
MTM jacket, Drakes tie, CT Black Label shirt, screen-printed Japanese cotton square (and unseen: Epaulet Walts in a mid-grey, sterling silver links and bar by Harold Fithian)post #63994 of 7872411/7/13 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Cantabrigian, would you say a paddock is fine if you just want a little extravagance? Let's assume it wouldn't have other #menswear bells and whistles all over the place. I kinda like the look of a hard 3-button with the top 2 buttons fastened, but the usual stance is too high to be flattering for me. A paddock has the look of a hard 3 but with a lower stance. If I just got a hard 3 with a lower stance, I feel there would be one button too close to the hem, but the paddock avoids that problem.
If you play everything else pretty straight, I don't think it would draw too much attention to itself.
I'm not a fan but for no particular reason.
My only rational(ish) hesitation would be that it seems to emphasize any not-completely-flatness in the stomach. E.g.post #63995 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiazQuote:
I guess you're right; this is probably one of those times where one likes something only because it looks good on others...
It's hard to accept sometimes. I'm pretty short, too.post #63996 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:08pm
I've toyed with the idea of getting a paddock coat for a while. I probably won't because I don't have the kind of money to "toy" with my clothes, but it's certainly crossed my mind given my preference for buttoning points.
JFK didn't generally wear paddock--he just buttoned the bottom button of regular two button jackets. I can't tell if the picture above is a regular two button or not though, but I imagine that if it is, that's why his gut is accentuated so much. I think a proper paddock cut wouldn't have that same effect. Plus we all know that RDiaz has a six pack cut from granite.post #63997 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:17pm
Just got home from Parent-Teacher conferences. It's been a long day. My plan was to wear a white shirt today, but I found a stain on it when ironing. I decided to go with this blue gingham shirt instead. I usually wear blue gingham in the spring and summer, but felt it worked nicely here as well. The color palatte is a mix of cool and warm. I think there's an equal amount of both that it looks balanced.post #63998 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:25pmpost #63999 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:27pmpost #64000 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:28pmpost #64001 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:31pmpost #64002 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:32pmpost #64003 of 7872411/7/13 at 6:48pmQuote:Quote:Quote:post #64004 of 7872411/7/13 at 9:13pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 15 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 9 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)