or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4267  

post #63991 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

For a man of shorter stature, I think you would want the longer lines of a jacket with only one fastened button.

 

I guess you're right; this is probably one of those times where one likes something only because it looks good on others...

post #63992 of 78723

Just to show that I can do normal occasionally...

 

MTM jacket, Drakes tie, CT Black Label shirt, screen-printed Japanese cotton square (and unseen: Epaulet Walts in a mid-grey, sterling silver links and bar by Harold Fithian)

 

 

 

 

Close-up of textures etc. (Click to show)

 

post #63993 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Cantabrigian, would you say a paddock is fine if you just want a little extravagance? Let's assume it wouldn't have other #menswear bells and whistles all over the place. I kinda like the look of a hard 3-button with the top 2 buttons fastened, but the usual stance is too high to be flattering for me. A paddock has the look of a hard 3 but with a lower stance. If I just got a hard 3 with a lower stance, I feel there would be one button too close to the hem, but the paddock avoids that problem.

If you play everything else pretty straight, I don't think it would draw too much attention to itself.

I'm not a fan but for no particular reason.

My only rational(ish) hesitation would be that it seems to emphasize any not-completely-flatness in the stomach. E.g.

post #63994 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

For a man of shorter stature, I think you would want the longer lines of a jacket with only one fastened button.

I guess you're right; this is probably one of those times where one likes something only because it looks good on others...

It's hard to accept sometimes. I'm pretty short, too. smile.gif
post #63995 of 78723

I've toyed with the idea of getting a paddock coat for a while. I probably won't because I don't have the kind of money to "toy" with my clothes, but it's certainly crossed my mind given my preference for buttoning points.

 

JFK didn't generally wear paddock--he just buttoned the bottom button of regular two button jackets. I can't tell if the picture above is a regular two button or not though, but I imagine that if it is, that's why his gut is accentuated so much. I think a proper paddock cut wouldn't have that same effect. Plus we all know that RDiaz has a six pack cut from granite.

post #63996 of 78723

Just got home from Parent-Teacher conferences.  It's been a long day.  My plan was to wear a white shirt today, but I found a stain on it when ironing.  I decided to go with this blue gingham shirt instead.  I usually wear blue gingham in the spring and summer, but felt it worked nicely here as well.  The color palatte is a mix of cool and warm.  I think there's an equal amount of both that it looks balanced.  

 

 

post #63997 of 78723
This is your best fit in days, AAS, if only because it looks like the same person chose all of the pieces. smile.gif
post #63998 of 78723
plus one.
post #63999 of 78723

I kind of enjoy AAS's sometimes schizophrenic style. It will never be "good taste" material, but it rarely totally looks bad, and always catches my interest.

post #64000 of 78723
I sometimes enjoy AAS's fits even when I don't think they look good. I bet his students get a kick out of them.
post #64001 of 78723

I'm sure you're right.

post #64002 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

This is your best fit in days, AAS, if only because it looks like the same person chose all of the pieces. smile.gif

:bounce2:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

plus one.

 

:embar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

I kind of enjoy AAS's sometimes schizophrenic style. It will never be "good taste" material, but it rarely totally looks bad, and always catches my interest.

:fonz:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

I sometimes enjoy AAS's fits even when I don't think they look good. I bet his students get a kick out of them.

:teach:

post #64003 of 78723
It has been a while since last time I posted here:

IMG_3202.jpg
IMG_3191.jpg
IMG_3197.jpg
post #64004 of 78723

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

More Turtleneck Goodness (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 
post #64005 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Plus we all know that RDiaz has a six pack cut from granite.

 

:lol:

 

I think I've been shaped by six packs instead!

 

I guess a paddock would look like my latest coat with the top 2 done. It doesn't look particularly flattering, but doesn't emphasize gut either.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III