or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4263  

post #63931 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Take away the tie (please take it away), push the PS in a lot further than it is now, lose the belt and replace with suede and you have a pretty nice fit. Bit flashy as it is. I like the coat but I think you'd benefit between a bit of contrast between it and the denim (lighter denim maybe?)

plus one, except that the H belt does not bother me so much.

--

diaz and pingson, looked at the tie, defo a brushed twill. cheers.gif

--

victor - imo there is absolutely nothing appealing about that jacket.
post #63932 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarip4 View Post
 

Not sure if blue jeans are allowed in this thread, but here it is (my casual work wear)...

Finamore MTM shirt

Finamore unconstructed denim sportscoat

Battistoni tie

Michelson's pocket square

Hermès orange H belt

Uniqlo raw slim denim

JM Weston navy blue suede loafers

 

 

 

Brutal tie + belt. Dig the coat.

post #63933 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post
 

 

Looks fine to me, an exquisite coat for an advanced wardrobe.

 

Nice tie....Tom ford?

post #63934 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

victor - imo there is absolutely nothing appealing about that jacket.

 

That's really surprising. Regarding fit, it seems to fit better than almost every jacket posted here today; regarding style, it has none incongruent stylistic detail; regarding cloth, it's a very nice shetland; and, regarding handcraft, well you must be blind to not see the amount of shape that has been put into that. Hey, I'm sold. 

post #63935 of 78717

More shoulder extension than I like, and I think we can all guess what I'd have to say about the buttoning stance, and perhaps do something about the pockets (jetted hacking seems....dunno....)...

 

but give me the cloth and the quality of construction, and I'd be happy.

post #63936 of 78717

I'd feel pretty 'pimp' in that outfit if I were at a cocktail lounge, except for the pants.

post #63937 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

More shoulder extension than I like, and I think we can all guess what I'd have to say about the buttoning stance, and perhaps do something about the pockets (jetted hacking seems....dunno....)...

 

but give me the cloth and the quality of construction, and I'd be happy.

 

I'd also dial back on the shoulder extension, just a touch, as it's just barely starting to divot. However, it's a Paddock coat with the lower button buttoned and the pockets are simple crescent pockets. So 2 of your 3 points were simply non educated.

 

edit: meant "points" and not arguments


Edited by Victor Elfo - 11/6/13 at 8:28pm
post #63938 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post
 

 

 2 of your 3 arguments were simply non educated.

 

oh snap

post #63939 of 78717

:paranoia:

 

I wasn't making an argument.

 

I like higher buttoning points than the norm. That's lower than the norm. It was a preference.

 

I dislike the pockets. I can only see the front half of the pockets, so I'm not sure how I'm suppose to recognize they are crescent. If they are, I'd probably like them more. Still not sure I wouldn't rather have patch with that color, fabric, and pattern. Regardless, also a preference.

 

Stitchy mentioned he found it unappealing (subjective). You expressed surprise (subjective). I pointed out aspects I found unappealing (subjective) and appealing (subjective). They weren't even subjective arguments. They were just comments about what I liked and disliked.

 

Nobody is attacking you, Victor; tone down the antagonism.

post #63940 of 78717

I meant "points". The literal translation of argumento (points in english) is argument, damn language barriers. I'm sorry if the tone seemed to be raised. I'm not defending myself from anyone, as the coat isn't even mine, I'm simply having fun making a point.

post #63941 of 78717
Fair enough, but the knowledge of its intended cut doesn't have any bearing on whether I like the actual cut (regardless of whether the dislike stems from intent or execution). That the pockets are crescent rather than hacking, however, is somewhat redeeming.
post #63942 of 78717
Welcome, Ian! What pushed you over the line into the world of internet narcissism?
post #63943 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

That's really surprising. Regarding fit, it seems to fit better than almost every jacket posted here today; regarding style, it has none incongruent stylistic detail; regarding cloth, it's a very nice shetland; and, regarding handcraft, well you must be blind to not see the amount of shape that has been put into that. Hey, I'm sold. 


it look like ass. this is a wonderful woeful example of all the book knowledge in the world failing to take into account anything remotely appealing to the eye. the shoulder extension looks dumb, the body looks boxy, the lapels look wonky, the pockets and button stance look silly, and the fit on a whole looks like it was inspired by a post burrito dump.

but hell, if to the educated man this is better than what most fits look like here, who is an ignoramus like me to argue?

in my most subjective of opinions of course.
post #63944 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Welcome, Ian! What pushed you over the line into the world of internet narcissism?

who is ian?
post #63945 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Take away the tie (please take it away), push the PS in a lot further than it is now, lose the belt and replace with suede and you have a pretty nice fit. Bit flashy as it is. I like the coat but I think you'd benefit between a bit of contrast between it and the denim (lighter denim maybe?)

+1 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

it look like ass.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
this is a wonderful woeful example of all the book knowledge in the world failing to take into account anything remotely appealing to the eye. the shoulder extension looks dumb, the body looks boxy, the lapels look wonky, the pockets and button stance look silly, and the fit on a whole looks like it was inspired by a post burrito dump.

but hell, if to the educated man this is better than what most fits look like here, who is an ignoramus like me to argue?

in my most subjective of opinions of course.

lol Stitchy happy.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III