or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4252  

post #63766 of 78717
pliny, diaz, pingson, looking good. neats is the tie of the day is it?
post #63767 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Love the striped shirt. Really upped your game wink.gif

Fudge...I looked this weekend but...but...:violin:

post #63768 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

pliny, diaz, pingson, looking good. neats is the tie of the day is it?

(re: the discussion in the good taste thread)
I think safely shows that neats work just fine with SCs, at least as long as the pattern is relatively large
post #63769 of 78717
Thanks for the thumbs yesterday guys.

Still pretty brisk here in the northern NY suburbs.

photo IMG_6801_zps58b12d36.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo f2906a46-7bf5-467b-abe8-4ef6fa0e2c0f_zps4d2592c5.jpgphoto IMG_6809_zps0f5afdd8.jpgphoto IMG_6802_zps1aaebafb.jpg
Orvis
Loro Piana cashmere
Altea (subtle windowpane that's hard to detect)
AutaSon
Tired old Lands End wool tie that I turned into a square
Trafalgar Belt (not shown)
Hickey Freeman
Panthy
C&J
post #63770 of 78717

I think the green sweater tips this decisively into "too much green" territory for me. 

post #63771 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I think the green sweater tips this decisively into "too much green" territory for me. 
Thanks. My intent was to have the sweater ground the busy-ness of the jacket and balance the brown in both the tie and trou. I thought it worked, but maybe not.
post #63772 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

...but when you clearly try hard to look like you don't care (Brunello Cuccinelli re-doing his tie over and over each morning to make it look the right amount of crooked) you're an idiot!

He may be an idiot but he's convinced lots of people to pay him $1,000 for a sweater.



Yo.
post #63773 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

(re: the discussion in the good taste thread)
I think safely shows that neats work just fine with SCs, at least as long as the pattern is relatively large

i love neats with SCs, even smaller patterns. oh my! eek.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

He may be an idiot but he's convinced lots of people to pay him $1,000 for a sweater.

i am huge BC fran boi. if i had the cash, my entire wardrobe would be BC.

s'nice, bro.
post #63774 of 78717

I like prints with SC's, but only if they are madder, challis, or an otherwise rustic finish; or, in the case of twill, large enough medallions. Small neats on silk twill are not so optimal IMO. A blazer is a different story, it takes anything.

post #63775 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


I thought it worked, but maybe not.

 

I dress terribly, so don't give my opinion too much regard. I just think that with a different shirt it wouldn't have needed grounding. But if you are going to, here are some thoughts I would have had...

 

 

 

 

Sorry about the last one. Burgundy doesn't "shop" well onto this pic.

post #63776 of 78717
Crappy indoor flash pic to start, but today's outfit is D'Avenza suit, Eton shirt, Pal Zileri tie (in SF-favourite purple), Drake's PS and Carmina kicks in navy shell.

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime
post #63777 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

I dress terribly, so don't give my opinion too much regard. 

 

 

Uh...no you don't. You keep things simple and nice, and would not say that any pix I've seen were "terrible."

post #63778 of 78717

Aint you sweet.

post #63779 of 78717

I don't think anyone here dresses terribly. We do, however, get douchebags or trolls that come here and get all offended when we give them constructive feedback. Weird.

post #63780 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

(re: the discussion in the good taste thread)
I think safely shows that neats work just fine with SCs, at least as long as the pattern is relatively large

i love neats with SCs, even smaller patterns. oh my! eek.gif

You're preaching to the converted in this case as I happen to completely agree with you. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

I like prints with SC's, but only if they are madder, challis, or an otherwise rustic finish; or, in the case of twill, large enough medallions. Small neats on silk twill are not so optimal IMO. A blazer is a different story, it takes anything.

It depends on the pattern for me. I have small-patterned neats that I would not hesitate one second to wear with an SC and I have others that just scream "suit". Can't really pinpoint what's different between the two, it's more of a gut feeling...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III