Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4251post #63751 of 7871911/4/13 at 6:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63752 of 7871911/4/13 at 6:36pmpost #63753 of 7871911/4/13 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by clapeyron
It's been a while:
- White oxford shirt (Green Das One Shirt collar)
- Dark brown oxfords
- White linen PS with handrolled edge
- Navy worsted suit jacket
- Glen plaid wool tie
- Bronze twill chino with metal side adjusters
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Such a "Spiegel"!
As for the clothes: simple, clean, well-tailored, interestingpost #63754 of 7871911/5/13 at 12:27am
Velvet paired with linen is something I would´nt have thought of. Hard to tell if it works due to the quality of the photo.
Quote:Originally Posted by ferrarip4
New to the forum and with a (bad quality) picture taken by a colleague:
Melbourne Cup day:
Homero Ortega panama
Sartoria Parma - Caruso velvet Jacket
Bespoke linen shirt (Thomas Mason fabric)
Battisti tie and Michelson's Square
Incotex linen trousers
Di Meglia belt and wholecut oxfords (not shown).post #63755 of 7871911/5/13 at 1:50ampost #63756 of 7871911/5/13 at 2:21ampost #63757 of 7871911/5/13 at 3:18ampost #63758 of 7871911/5/13 at 3:30ampost #63759 of 7871911/5/13 at 3:48am
Thanks! So PRL does have fairly sloping shoulders, I guess? Because that jacket fits great.
One of the "tailor's tutorial" threads on top of the page is about sloping shoulders. It's not hard to do for a tailor, just labor intensive.post #63760 of 7871911/5/13 at 3:56amQuote:
It's PRL's 'Bradford', and yes it seem to fit.
good observation re the relationship between shoulders and sides- now u mention it, that excess under the arm does happen a lot for me with RTW. I always thght it was cos i have no chestpost #63761 of 7871911/5/13 at 4:15amNot quite as cold here in NYC as yesterday, but still worthy of some extra insulation, at least in the morning.
Suit - BB
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - JAB
Cufflinks - The Custom Shop
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Coat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf & cap - BB
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #63762 of 7871911/5/13 at 4:36amPliny & Diaz, great spokesmen for Cappelli I've been looking into getting a few challis ties from there and you are certainly making a strong argument for doing so...
Realised after I dressed that I managed to get a four-pattern outfit today (if you count the herringbone jacket, which of course I do )
Details: (Click to show)post #63763 of 7871911/5/13 at 5:02ampost #63764 of 7871911/5/13 at 5:04am
It's Tuesday face off time! Pliny v. RDiaz this time round. Go vote for your favorite and choose which god, earth or sky, wins this battle!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?