Yeah the previous jacket did look a bit long, maybe because it had dropped fronts (which it turns out I didn't need) in addition to the extra length. Perhaps raising the stance by 1 cm, then lowering the bottom button by another centimeter would be a good compromise.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4247post #63691 of 7872311/4/13 at 7:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63692 of 7872311/4/13 at 8:18ampost #63693 of 7872311/4/13 at 8:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Very nice indeed. Would love even more if the square wasn't almost exactly the same colour as the shirt. The tie is a really great choice for that solid shirt/suit backdrop.
It's personal preference, but I think a little bit more length to the jacket, maybe 0.5" or so, and moving the bottom button down by the same amount, would balance a jacket out just a little more.
Cool suit / tie - nice to see some boldness once in a whilepost #63694 of 7872311/4/13 at 8:47ampost #63695 of 7872311/4/13 at 9:05ampost #63696 of 7872311/4/13 at 9:08amPlease ignore the absolutely horrendous green wall color; this is my home office/inventory storage. We haven't gotten around to repainting.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't recall the shirt maker, but it's Neapolitan
Brooks gren, vintage
Moscolino.post #63697 of 7872311/4/13 at 9:32ampost #63698 of 7872311/4/13 at 9:37ampost #63699 of 7872311/4/13 at 9:47ampost #63700 of 7872311/4/13 at 10:02ampost #63701 of 7872311/4/13 at 10:35ampost #63702 of 7872311/4/13 at 10:45ampost #63703 of 7872311/4/13 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
The weather has turned from unseasonably warm to unseasonably cool, giving me the perfect excuse to try out some wintry looks today. Note that my choice of shirt failed to take into account the fact that said shirt has button cuffs, not double cuffs, hence the cufflinks chosen to wear have gone unworn. Oops - oh, well . . .
Suit - BBGF
Shirt & tie - BB
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg
PS - Ashear
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Barney's
Hat - Selentino
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You look really toasty on this dreary day! Oh, and sharp too...post #63704 of 7872311/4/13 at 10:52ampost #63705 of 7872311/4/13 at 10:58amQuote:
Thank you, Mr. D. I had to run errands this lunchtime, and it was good to be bundled up in lower Manhattan (still full of post-marathon tourists, all pawing through the goods at Century 21 - for those not from the metro NYC area, a major discounter, not a real-estate firm).
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1047 Active Users (155 Members and 892 Guests)
- › Watch The X Factor (Australia) S06E24 Live Stream Online Episode... 8 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 16 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › DROPS!! - Incotex for K&C wool and cotton trousers - 34" & 38" 28 minutes ago
- › Suit Supply Sevilla suit - Navy herringbone - 42L - Final call 32 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 36 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)