or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4244  

post #63646 of 78722

Thanks, Pliny - praise indeed from a man of your calibre.

post #63647 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock View Post

At Louvre.

Awesome, love the tie.

J
post #63648 of 78722

Next Tweed/Cord combo:

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #63649 of 78722

Well, I won't go as far as to say that I like it. But if I saw you in a coffee shop, I'd certainly respect you for wearing it. So cheers to that. :cheers:

 

Also, I dig the new haircut.

 

post #63650 of 78722

More turtleneck...

 

pYA8wlc.jpg

post #63651 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

Next Tweed/Cord combo:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

I like all these pieces individually (especially the pocket square).  I think this would look better without the vest or with the vest and a different pair of pants.  The color of the vest is too close to the pants and jacket.  I think a dark brown vest would look better.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Well, I won't go as far as to say that I like it. But if I saw you in a coffee shop, I'd certainly respect you for wearing it. So cheers to that. :cheers:

 

Also, I dig the new haircut.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Very nice textures, but I don't think the colors work together.  The oranges and cream are warm while the blue and grey are cool.  I think a pair of brown pant would have worked better.  Beautiful pocket square.  Also, I think I may have mentioned this before, but I think you'd look better if your jacket button stance was a bit lower.  Your jacket button is about in the middle of the jacket length.  I think 3/2 ratio would be better.  

post #63652 of 78722
Ideally, the colors are brought together by the brown shoes (at least I hope so, as that's my general strategy for combining cool with warm colors). Alas, I am not a heathen and so do not wear shoes inside the house. And as I yet still have dignity, I'll only bring my tripod outside for special occasions (like Friday challenges ^_^). As I'm sure Stitchy will point out, this is why I should include shoes in the picture.

As far as my button stance, the topic has been broached a couple of times. That particular jacket is actually a little lower than I like. I don't know if I have a high natural waist or what, but the higher stances are just more comfortable (just below the midway point of the sternum and navel). And you can't look good if you don't feel comfortable.

Edit: looking at it again, I wonder if there might be too much drape for that button stance.
Edited by Claghorn - 11/3/13 at 9:18am
post #63653 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post

Next Tweed/Cord combo:


See details (Click to show)














I like all of the individual pieces, but I don't think there is enough contrast between the vest and the pants.
post #63654 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

I like all of the individual pieces, but I don't think there is enough contrast between the vest and the pants.

My thoughts exactly. Upper half is great.
post #63655 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post


I like all of the individual pieces, but I don't think there is enough contrast between the vest and the pants.

It´s in real better than on the fotos. The vest ist notable darker than the trouser. On the next pics I make a detail shot from the crossover of the  trouser and vest 

post #63656 of 78722




Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Henry Carter Brindabella neat print
PS: Henry Carter Irish linen
Shoes: Carmina
post #63657 of 78722

Today I tried something a little different than I'm used to.

 

More (Click to show)

 

 

 

Thoughts I had (Click to show)
I already had the pants tapered, but perhaps not aggressively enough? Or maybe they just need to be pressed? I'm not sure.
Is a 4x1 too vintage?
The lapels are pretty buff, but it may be ok with double-breasted and peaks?
Is the scale on suit and shirt too similar? Maybe the suit pattern is subtle enough that it doesn't matter?

 

 

 

post #63658 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post
 

Today I tried something a little different than I'm used to.

 

More (Click to show)

 

 

 

Thoughts I had (Click to show)
I already had the pants tapered, but perhaps not aggressively enough? Or maybe they just need to be pressed? I'm not sure.
Is a 4x1 too vintage?
The lapels are pretty buff, but it may be ok with double-breasted and peaks?
Is the scale on suit and shirt too similar? Maybe the suit pattern is subtle enough that it doesn't matter?

 

 

 

 

Amigo:

 

Please, please don't spend any more money trying to tailor that suit.  The gorge is so low that, combined with the 4x1 silhouette, the too-big shoulders, wrong sleeve pitch and the pants that need to be completely recut, it just isn't worth it.  It will never really fit you properly nor will it look good.  

post #63659 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post
 

 

Amigo:

 

Please, please don't spend any more money trying to tailor that suit.  The gorge is so low that, combined with the 4x1 silhouette, the too-big shoulders, wrong sleeve pitch and the pants that need to be completely recut, it just isn't worth it.  It will never really fit you properly nor will it look good.  

Exactly the advice I was looking for. Thank you!!

post #63660 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Henry Carter Brindabella neat print
PS: Henry Carter Irish linen
Shoes: Carmina

 

Is that a blue linen pocket square?  If so, I love it.  :bounce2:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2breformed View Post
 

Today I tried something a little different than I'm used to.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

More (Click to show)

 

 

 

Thoughts I had (Click to show)
I already had the pants tapered, but perhaps not aggressively enough? Or maybe they just need to be pressed? I'm not sure.
Is a 4x1 too vintage?
The lapels are pretty buff, but it may be ok with double-breasted and peaks?
Is the scale on suit and shirt too similar? Maybe the suit pattern is subtle enough that it doesn't matter?

 

 

 

 

I'm not a fan of this look.  The lapel gorge on the jacket is too low, it's unvented and the button stance is too low.  It also appears as if their some puckering at the back seam as if it was taken in there and not pressed.  It's hard to believe that you had the pants tapered.  I would definitely recommend a second round of tapering.  I don't notice a pattern in the suit, but the shirt and tie are clearly both stripped.  I think a shirt with a tighter stripe would look better.  The shoes also look a bit big.  There's a pretty large gap at the back of the heel.  I do like the shoes however.  Lastly, I'm not a fan of double windsor knots.  I think the knot could be tighter at the bottom.  I think it would make the dimple look better.  This is just my opinion.  Thank you for sharing your outfit.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III