or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4239  

post #63571 of 78724
Today's rig...

post #63572 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

Today's rig...

Gosh seriously retro wide peak lapels !

post #63573 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

After the last working outfits, now some autumnal outfits

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

DonCologne I can hardly see you - you are so well camouflaged with the Autumnal background !  

post #63574 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhill View Post
 

DonCologne I can hardly see you - you are so well camouflaged with the Autumnal background !  

Statments like this helps me a lot!

post #63575 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

I'm going to strive to stand more like Claghorn in my future photos; thought maybe the art of one hand half in trouser pocket might be useful for you, as well? some pix look so stiff and uncomfortable!

imo, the only way for the robo pose to look good is if your clothing fits impeccably and you are in tip top shape. absent of that, a robo pose does not usually look very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Today's ensemble.

I appreciate any feedback you have to give, good or bad. After all, thats the main reason I started posting in this thread - to learn. But so far I haven't gotten more than maybe one or two comments in either direction. Thumbs up are very nice to get and all, but not very educating (not meaning you should stop with the thumbs up!!) I am haunted by the comment someone gave the_villain or mikael some pages back, that "most bad fits are just ignored"...
Cheers! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

fit feedback is supremely important. sorry if you have not got what you needed. i would echo what pinson said and add that to me the armholes look a bit high, like they are cutting into your pits and bunching a little.

the color and texture combinations look great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

@ hoodog, I understand why you want fit-feedback, but I think a lot of people (myself included) use this particular thread primarily for inspiration or if they want specific feedback on say, a tie SC combo ask for it.

imo, without a proper fit, the best combo in the world will look bad. fit feedback may be the most important kind, at least at the beginning, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post

Today's rig... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

oh hai again! nice to see an aportnoy fit. looks good.

what phone do you use for your pics, and do you take them inside?
post #63576 of 78724
Not really a fan of a suit on Friday!

ara7y7y4.jpgade3ezeh.jpgutudajat.jpg
Edited by Owen Meany - 11/1/13 at 8:11am
post #63577 of 78724

This is more of a personal challenge for me. It is a solid black suit. I tried to coordinate so that I don't look like I am going to a funeral, a wedding, or to a restaurant as a waiter. Let me know your thoughts if you care to chime in. :lurk:

post #63578 of 78724
Halloween special (Click to show)

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. 

 

 

 

X-post from Friday's challenge.

 

 

 


Edited by Sprezziamo - 11/1/13 at 8:46am
post #63579 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Overall this looks good (especially the tie which is drool.gif deets? ). My only substantial comment would be that the buttoning point is on the high side (I know, I know, it's fashionable these days). Although that might work is some cases, here it has the unfortunate effect of pulling the quarters open so that shirt and tie poke though which at least I do not like at all. Also the jacket might be just a tad bit short on you, but that might be more of a personal preference. But the overall effect of the slightly short jacket and high buttoning point is what a tall person like me would look like if I picked a Regular sized jacket instead of a Long. I hope that makes sense?

 

That's a good observation, Pingson, the buttoning point does seem to be on the high side. However, a high buttoning point does not implies a crocked cut (the X effect where the quarters starts to open at the buttoning instead of starting at the lower button), which, IMO, is not present on that coat, the crocked cut that is. I believe that we're possibly looking at a long front balance example, but the photograph is not a good material to judge it, as his legs are too spread apart. So perhaps the apparent long front balance is just his odd stance. \

I second stitches observation on the too high armholes. Also, I'd choose a different square, this one seems too match-y, but the rest looks pretty good.

 

post #63580 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Overall this looks good (especially the tie which is drool.gif deets? ). My only substantial comment would be that the buttoning point is on the high side (I know, I know, it's fashionable these days). Although that might work is some cases, here it has the unfortunate effect of pulling the quarters open so that shirt and tie poke though which at least I do not like at all. Also the jacket might be just a tad bit short on you, but that might be more of a personal preference. But the overall effect of the slightly short jacket and high buttoning point is what a tall person like me would look like if I picked a Regular sized jacket instead of a Long. I hope that makes sense?

That's a good observation, Pingson, the buttoning point does seem to be on the high side. However, a high buttoning point does not implies a crocked cut (the X effect where the quarters starts to open at the buttoning instead of starting at the lower button), which, IMO, is not present on that coat, the crocked cut that is. I believe that we're possibly looking at a long front balance example, but the photograph is not a good material to judge it, as his legs are too spread apart. So perhaps the apparent long front balance is just his odd stance. \
I second stitches observation on the too high armholes. Also, I'd choose a different square, this one seems too match-y, but the rest looks pretty good.
Going back and looking at the pic it does, to me, seem a little tight across the waist which might contribute to the excess opening of the quarters. There's a distinct x-shape at least on the (our) right side. Could be the stance though. I would need to see a real robo pic + side pics to completely diagnose the issue (as it could be front/back balance issues as suggested by VE).
post #63581 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

After the last working outfits, now some autumnal outfits

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Great use of colours and patterns here, congrats!

post #63582 of 78724
like the suit and shirt, pocket square all look good to me-- but that choice of tie?!?!? ugh, I hate it very much. Can you start buying your ties at the No Man Walks Alone website? the solid red tie, ugh!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

This is more of a personal challenge for me. It is a solid black suit. I tried to coordinate so that I don't look like I am going to a funeral, a wedding, or to a restaurant as a waiter. Let me know your thoughts if you care to chime in. lurker%5B1%5D.gif

post #63583 of 78724

Pinch, punch, first of the month, and all that...

 

GM9YsuI.jpg

post #63584 of 78724
I was encouraged to post this here, and I guess I will, especially considering the contest thread discussion. All very streetwear-darling brands - Boglioli, Martin Margiela. Have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Very kind of you! I keep meaning to add more narrative to my terrible photography; it might be fun to read something in the vein of "how to ruin a really good piece of fish." Or maybe it wouldn't.

Anyway, you've seen this before:

FSQCDKol.jpg
QzygdZol.jpg
(colors made me look like an alien)

(white silk squares aren't gauche, right? right??)
post #63585 of 78724
While I prefer warmer weather, I am enjoying some of the new fall patterns that I have picked up recently, plus my first foray into suede. Have a good weekend everyone.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III