Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4235post #63511 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63512 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:31ampost #63513 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:34ampost #63514 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:35ampost #63515 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:38ampost #63516 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:41ampost #63517 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:49amim sure vox can explain.
http://www.voxsartoria.com/post/65619661200/what-does-the-faux-say-thursday-faux-tweed-bypost #63518 of 7872110/31/13 at 9:52amQuote:
Great looking suit and the shirt is fine. I think it just needs the right tie and this fit would be awesome.post #63519 of 7872110/31/13 at 10:03ampost #63520 of 7872110/31/13 at 10:07amOriginally Posted by Rudals
Pretty basic look today.
I agree with stitchy about this being genuinely good. Also, see how much more life/dynamism there is in the colour palette now that it's not all blue/white.
No joke, I think this fit is probably my fave from all those you've posted. Nice colours & textures, with some amusing little touches that don't detract from the overall look. Plus, the cufflinks are awesome, and besides, I was wearing double cuffs with tweed today too and I gotta show solidarity!post #63521 of 7872110/31/13 at 10:08am
Thank you. I literally had like 5 seconds to snap a pic and get back to the office. I am surprised that you'd call it my best yet. I really didn't put that much effort into it. But I'll take it!
And by the way, I forgot my PS so I used a paper napkin in that shot. No joke. Thank you all though.post #63522 of 7872110/31/13 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
No joke, I think this fit is probably my fave from all those you've posted. Nice colours & textures, with some amusing little touches that don't detract from the overall look. Plus, the cufflinks are awesome, and besides, I was wearing double cuffs with tweed today too and I gotta show solidarity!
Very nice words, HF. I appreciate it!post #63523 of 7872110/31/13 at 10:26amQuote:
Thanks, HF for your compliment. But I am still puzzled. I tried much harder in the 2 pix below whereas today's post happened as result of the fact that I had just 5 minutes to grab whatever and run out the door. (Well...I did think about it a little ). So the fact that I worked in a patterned shirt that changed things a bit?post #63524 of 7872110/31/13 at 10:37am
I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you why I don't like either of the two pics you've included in the spoilers above:
The first has a white linen square with a coloured border. I have one myself (red border); I almost never wear it. I find these squares a bit naff, to be honest. So that already marks it down. Beyond that I just don't like the scale of the windowpane in the suit; I prefer a slightly bigger scale one, like in Betelgeuse's suit from a page or two ago. Small windowpane suits are too "neither here nor there". Small difference, but enough for me.
As for the second look, I tend not to like non-solid grenadines and that looks suspiciously like one (and if it's one of those ties that's part-smooth/part-textured, I like it even less). More fundamentally, there isn't enough life in the look for me: the dark blue of the tie is too similar to suit, and the grey is also too low a contrast to it. Add in the pale blue shirt and it all feels a bit sleepy to me.
By contrast, the pic you showed today features a more interesting colour palette and some genuine interplay between suit/shirt/tie. It is engaging, without shouting, which I suspect is pretty much how you like your clothes to look from what you've said previously. I wouldn't call it innovative or brilliant, but it is genuinely good.
All the above is foetid mix of subjective prejudice and perhaps a dash of more objective colour commentary, so take or leave as you see fit. But it does explain my position.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan