Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4227post #63391 of 7872210/29/13 at 2:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63392 of 7872210/29/13 at 3:15pmpost #63393 of 7872210/29/13 at 3:18pmpost #63394 of 7872210/29/13 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
welp, you have to buy what you like, so i cant fault you but i think there is more than enough roon in a wardrobe for both plain blue and more "interesting" patterns. you gotta be you tho.
not really MC WAYWRN, but i love this new coat and am inclined to triple x post it. please indulge me and forgive my intrusion.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks cozy Stitchy! Unfortunately for me though it's getting warmer everyday as we head towards summer (my favourite time of the year, just not for dressing in tailored clothes), so I'm thinking linen and cotton instead of tweed and flannel.post #63395 of 7872210/29/13 at 4:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
This is true. Simple combinations with an agressive fit can be bold. Im more of a "bold" type but I cant wear the bright stuff at work. I do understand this look/fit is not for everyone.
Is that a suitsupply washington half? How is the fit compared to the normal washington? Btw, are those suitsupply trousers as well?post #63396 of 7872210/29/13 at 4:32pmpost #63397 of 7872210/29/13 at 4:34pmQuote:
oh its cozy all right!
brunello 100% cashmere. THANKS SPOO!!!!!!
good luck with teh summer wardrobe.post #63398 of 7872210/29/13 at 4:53pmpost #63399 of 7872210/29/13 at 5:51pm
sounds interesting.. had an American lecturer in music 101 at uni and his enthusiasm for the classics was infectious.
Also dig your jacket.Originally Posted by clarinetplayer Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Grabbing a quick cuppa before heading out to give a talk at a music society luncheon.
thx man- and thanks to all for the likes.
really love this jacket rite here
very nice SVB great fit.
Reclining on an unmade bed next to a louche beauty would be nice also.Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Loake shoespost #63400 of 7872210/29/13 at 6:05pm
^Thanks, Pliny. I can say the same for yours!
SVB - I think that suit fits and looks the best of what you have posted here in the past days/weeks (I'm assuming the trouser billowing is just downtown LA rooftop wind and not excess material).
Looks good!post #63401 of 7872210/29/13 at 7:30pmHe's carrying too much shit in his front pockets again, which is throwing off the hang of the strides. I told him about that last time. If possible, carrying phone and or wallet in jacket pockets will help with this. I prefer not to have something that gives off radiation right next to my nut purse, but horses for courses eh?post #63402 of 7872210/29/13 at 7:54pmStitchy I do agree with your comments. It is almost impossible to do any further alterations which sucks but I just need to wear it as best as I can. I am constantly moving around so I dont mind my clothes being a little full but in the future I need to get smaller stuff as I have it all made for me. That was a 44R and now I am going to move to a 42R for a closer fitpost #63403 of 7872210/29/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by justinkapur
Stitchy I do agree with your comments. It is almost impossible to do any further alterations which sucks but I just need to wear it as best as I can. I am constantly moving around so I dont mind my clothes being a little full but in the future I need to get smaller stuff as I have it all made for me. That was a 44R and now I am going to move to a 42R for a closer fit
ZOMG I ALSO MOVED FROM A 44 TO A 42!!!!
sucks having to re-up on clothing, but worth looking better and being more healthy.post #63404 of 7872210/29/13 at 8:08pmQuote:
We seriously are twinsies! I definitely agree but unfortunately for a few months I didnt have time during my days to eat much so it wasnt super healthy. I have however stopped drinking soda (used to have one a day) and I had dessert after dinner everyday and cut that off.
It has helped significantly. I didnt have time to take pictures of my suit but its fairly new and a bit trimmer and shorter so its a closer fit.post #63405 of 7872210/29/13 at 9:02pmQuote:
Stitches, you've got your suit / coat and tie game down. Seriously, excellent every time these days. However, since you've cross-posted I hope you don't mind if I make some observations on how you might get your casual game to the standard of your other fits. The coat is very nice in itself but in this combination, it somehow come across as a little old-manish (and I don't mean 'mature' here). I think it's the combination of a casual coat worn directly on top of pressed trousers, in addition to beige on top of brown, but for whatever reason, the coat and the trousers / shoes don't go well together. The purple scarf and shirt are also at odds with the rest and look like you've tried to colour match very hard with each other but not with anything else. The scarf also doesn't seem to be doing anything; it's just 'there'. Compare Spoo's scarf fit just a few after yours. Okay, I know Spoo's is an exceptional scarf, but it also 'does something' there because of the way it's worn and the careful attention to colour and pattern. Finally, people in SW&D have mentioned your thing for 'pointy' shoes, but this would definitely be a fit for rounder shoes and more casual trousers IMHO.
In general, I don't think that casual clothing even in CM is just a matter of not wearing a tie or throwing on a casual coat over pants and shoes that you'd normally wear with a coat and tie. I think there's a whole different set of considerations around reduced formality in terms of cuts, texture, shape (in the case of shoes or boots), pressing and so on. I think that this is where a lot of CM casual fits go wrong (and a lof of them do - it's one of the reasons, I don't really look at the CM Casual thread any more).
Thinking along these lines, it's not that the coat could not ever worn in less casual combinations. In fact, I think you could absolutely wear this coat over a suit and it would work. There's something about the in-between, the no-man's land that you're in here that can make everything stand out as problematic in some way. Do you know what I mean?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...