Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4226post #63376 of 7872110/29/13 at 10:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63377 of 7872110/29/13 at 11:04amQuote:
I'm not sure if I understand what 'think Hemmingway' is.
If you look to Holdfast's beautiful SC over here, you see the direction I rather go for than just plain. Might be more demanding than plain and not so formal, but for me much nicer.post #63378 of 7872110/29/13 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I think I dislike almost everything stylistically about this, especially the jacket (notwithstanding that it fits wonderfully well), but I absolutely love that something different like this has been posted in the thread. We need more really high quality variety like this. Rock on.
Only time for a flying visit; super busy day!
HF: So this style of dressing is opposed to a 3 piece suit with the vest and sport jacket, eh? I never really noticed many people doing that before. I like it though. May try it myself.post #63379 of 7872110/29/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
Got's to be one of the most well dressed men in Balto!post #63380 of 7872110/29/13 at 12:22pmpost #63381 of 7872110/29/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
You look OK most of the time. No real trainwrecks I can recall. BTW- did you change your username and why if you did?Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Go back in the WAYWRN thread and see how some if great posters in this thread started out. It can be quit instructive to see how their styles evolved over time. I know that I've posted some real train wrecks in this thread. Heck, even Spoo had posted a real stinker or two.
When you do post, learn from the comments, pick up the pieces and try again. It takes a long time to find what works for you. It took me the better part of three years to arrive at a wardrobe that I feel comfortable with. The first year and a half on SF was spent exclusively lurking and reading old threads. It's a true gold mine of sartorial knowledge sitting at you finger tips.
You know, the thought that just came into my mind when reading your post is that a lot of it is pretty much fashion modeling. Maybe not really "fashion" but it is kind of amateur clothing photography. A lot of the success really comes from your body and how attractive it is/isn't to any one viewer.post #63382 of 7872110/29/13 at 12:26pmpost #63383 of 7872110/29/13 at 12:28pmpost #63384 of 7872110/29/13 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Roy Al
Coz I don't find any that I look good in and that I like. They can be nice on others, but on me I feel they are boring.
I think I'll look more in the direction of bolder patterns, like checks. They are more interesting and I have seen so many nice in this tread that I rather explore that road and not the plain which I've been traveling the last years.
welp, you have to buy what you like, so i cant fault you but i think there is more than enough roon in a wardrobe for both plain blue and more "interesting" patterns. you gotta be you tho.
not really MC WAYWRN, but i love this new coat and am inclined to triple x post it. please indulge me and forgive my intrusion.post #63385 of 7872110/29/13 at 1:23pmpost #63386 of 7872110/29/13 at 1:30pmpost #63387 of 7872110/29/13 at 1:51pmpost #63388 of 7872110/29/13 at 1:52pm
DC, I feel that the stripes ont he shirt are clashing with the stripes on the suit. Not enough difference in scale and density between the two for it to look harmonious.
Quote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
After a afternoon nap I change the clothes to my working outfitpost #63389 of 7872110/29/13 at 2:32pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 seconds ago
- › PRL Cream fleece sport coat (big pony) 100% cotton 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...