This is true. Simple combinations with an agressive fit can be bold. Im more of a "bold" type but I cant wear the bright stuff at work. I do understand this look/fit is not for everyone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4226post #63376 of 7872310/29/13 at 10:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63377 of 7872310/29/13 at 10:55amOriginally Posted by justinkapur
Word to the wise, from personal experience: forget about altering stuff after you lose weight. Just buy new stuff instead. It always works out more cost-effectively in the long term.Originally Posted by VictorSFreturn
Bye everyone and see you soon!
Now only: http://maxim-victorsf.tumblr.com
Great shame. I don't have inclination to read multiple tumblrs/blogs, so SF is my main clothes "hit". I will miss seeing your outfits & look forward to your next flying visit.
Shirt is actually a very pale pink; wacky colour balance makes it look a bit lilac in the snaps, sorry.post #63378 of 7872310/29/13 at 10:58ampost #63379 of 7872310/29/13 at 11:04amQuote:
I'm not sure if I understand what 'think Hemmingway' is.
If you look to Holdfast's beautiful SC over here, you see the direction I rather go for than just plain. Might be more demanding than plain and not so formal, but for me much nicer.post #63380 of 7872310/29/13 at 12:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I think I dislike almost everything stylistically about this, especially the jacket (notwithstanding that it fits wonderfully well), but I absolutely love that something different like this has been posted in the thread. We need more really high quality variety like this. Rock on.
Only time for a flying visit; super busy day!
HF: So this style of dressing is opposed to a 3 piece suit with the vest and sport jacket, eh? I never really noticed many people doing that before. I like it though. May try it myself.post #63381 of 7872310/29/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
Got's to be one of the most well dressed men in Balto!post #63382 of 7872310/29/13 at 12:22pmpost #63383 of 7872310/29/13 at 12:26pmQuote:
You look OK most of the time. No real trainwrecks I can recall. BTW- did you change your username and why if you did?Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Go back in the WAYWRN thread and see how some if great posters in this thread started out. It can be quit instructive to see how their styles evolved over time. I know that I've posted some real train wrecks in this thread. Heck, even Spoo had posted a real stinker or two.
When you do post, learn from the comments, pick up the pieces and try again. It takes a long time to find what works for you. It took me the better part of three years to arrive at a wardrobe that I feel comfortable with. The first year and a half on SF was spent exclusively lurking and reading old threads. It's a true gold mine of sartorial knowledge sitting at you finger tips.
You know, the thought that just came into my mind when reading your post is that a lot of it is pretty much fashion modeling. Maybe not really "fashion" but it is kind of amateur clothing photography. A lot of the success really comes from your body and how attractive it is/isn't to any one viewer.post #63384 of 7872310/29/13 at 12:26pmpost #63385 of 7872310/29/13 at 12:28pmpost #63386 of 7872310/29/13 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Roy Al
Coz I don't find any that I look good in and that I like. They can be nice on others, but on me I feel they are boring.
I think I'll look more in the direction of bolder patterns, like checks. They are more interesting and I have seen so many nice in this tread that I rather explore that road and not the plain which I've been traveling the last years.
welp, you have to buy what you like, so i cant fault you but i think there is more than enough roon in a wardrobe for both plain blue and more "interesting" patterns. you gotta be you tho.
not really MC WAYWRN, but i love this new coat and am inclined to triple x post it. please indulge me and forgive my intrusion.post #63387 of 7872310/29/13 at 1:23pmpost #63388 of 7872310/29/13 at 1:30pmpost #63389 of 7872310/29/13 at 1:51pmpost #63390 of 7872310/29/13 at 1:52pm
DC, I feel that the stripes ont he shirt are clashing with the stripes on the suit. Not enough difference in scale and density between the two for it to look harmonious.
Quote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
After a afternoon nap I change the clothes to my working outfit
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...