Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4215post #63211 of 7872110/26/13 at 3:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63212 of 7872110/26/13 at 3:23pmpost #63213 of 7872110/26/13 at 3:58pmpost #63214 of 7872110/26/13 at 4:17pm
CM, that's a nice outfit! I'd like to make a few comments on the pieces, based purely on my personal preference. I'd go for a higher rise, with pleats and cuffs, more flattering. Also, windowpane as an odd coat pattern requires a larger scale or multiple windowpanes and the sleeve length is good as is.post #63215 of 7872110/26/13 at 4:28pmpost #63216 of 7872110/26/13 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by dirty rob
imagine generations of the worst sorts of convicts: thieves, whores, murderers, fraudsters and rapists... sent away by civilized society to a isolated desert island where they were left to wallow in the sand and breed. it doesn't matter if you believe criminality is inspired by nature or nurture, those "people" have both the poor genetics and the backwater environment to perpetuate a tainted stock. even their so called "brightest and best" like mel Gibson and Russell crowe are nothing more than common street thugs, as evidenced by their violent, crass behavior. very apt user name btw, "villain"
What's especially laughable about dirty rob's post is that Mel Gibson is USA-born with American parents, and Russell Crowe is New Zealand-born with NZ parents.
Furthermore, I happen to know that The Villain is not Australian. Not that it really matters.
Edit: I see that these points have already been made. No matter, they bear repeating.
Edited by Coxsackie - 10/26/13 at 5:19pmpost #63217 of 7872110/26/13 at 5:21pmwhat an interesting day of WAYWRN i missed.
pliny and back umbrella, and others who i forget, very nice.
koy - nice to see you over here.Quote:
mikael was his name.
do not get the hate on conrads jacket or combo. i thought it was very cool. SF white shirt hate groupthink is off on this one. where is doc when you need him?
thanks for all the likes yesterday!!! much appreciated.post #63218 of 7872110/26/13 at 6:09pmQuote:
No, I'm not. Like I got dressed this morning thinking, "This will really grind their gears." I mostly only think of you guys in my dreams. Not when I'm getting dressed. Anyway, I stand by the tie. I think it works.post #63219 of 7872110/26/13 at 6:16pmA picture from last week. URL=http://s144.photobucket.com/user/metropd/media/image_zps86d51eaa.jpg.html][/URL]post #63220 of 7872110/26/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Victor Elfo
CM, that's a nice outfit! I'd like to make a few comments on the pieces, based purely on my personal preference. I'd go for a higher rise, with pleats and cuffs, more flattering. Also, windowpane as an odd coat pattern requires a larger scale or multiple windowpanes and the sleeve length is good as is.
Thank you for your comments. I agree about the higher rise and the cuffs, but for some reason I like to have a variety of styles at my disposal. Call it a character flaw. As for me, my biggest criteria for window pane is that it is a bold pattern. If it isn't clearly distinguishable from a distance then I won't have it in a sport coat. Suit, maybe. As for the sleeve length, it's just too much for me. I like to have at most 1/2 inch of shirt cuff showing. This is showing a good full 1 inch, and that's just too much IMO.post #63221 of 7872110/26/13 at 6:41pmleather jackets look good!Quote:Originally Posted by Tibor
A picture from last week. URL=http://s144.photobucket.com/user/metropd/media/image_zps86d51eaa.jpg.html][/URL]post #63222 of 7872110/26/13 at 7:28pmpost #63223 of 7872110/26/13 at 7:35pm
Thought I'd try a Claghornesque pose for today's main photo:
The "pocket square" is actually a silk ascot I picked up at a market in Shanghai. Doesn't show up so well in the above photo, so here it is again. (Yes, the tie knot sucks.)
I love the material (Zegna wool/silk/linen) of this Gi Capri SC but I don't think the drape really suits me. Might flip it and look for something along the same lines but better-fitting. Thoughts?post #63224 of 7872110/26/13 at 7:54pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 24 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...