Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4206
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63077 of 7872210/25/13 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
To cuff (or to turn-up) or not to cuff is purely a personal choice. There are some 'guidelines' - they are usually but not exclusively more congruent with pleats than flat fronts, and some wisdom suggests the weight of the cuff adds to the effect of the trouser legs hanging nicely, but don't listen to any prejudiced views of SF its up to you. I would guess that cuffs are probably more popular on here but I never wear them myself, as like you I associate them with old geezers!
I wouldn't put it as bluntly as you put it but that's been my perception too.
But still, this is something that I should look into.post #63078 of 7872210/25/13 at 8:03ampost #63079 of 7872210/25/13 at 8:14ami think they would help. the weight alone should be beneficial. but, aside from that, they really are personal preference. even though i regret not cuffing some of my pants, i have no reservations about wearing them just as much as my cuffed pants.post #63080 of 7872210/25/13 at 8:32ampost #63081 of 7872210/25/13 at 8:48amthat is also a matter of personal preference. some people like no break at all, meaning a totally straight line, other like a little break, others like more. but a lot of break that turns into puddling is pretty much across the board not good. i personally prefer no break or maybe a little, but thats it.
the break you have looks to me to fall in the acceptable range, and i bet when you are standing straight, not bent over to take a picture, it is even less. so its really up to you.
either way, in your full pic the openings looked to be a bit off and that is why i recommended a cuff. i like the look of a cuff, and the added weight should help the pants to fall nicer and keep a nicer line.post #63082 of 7872210/25/13 at 8:53amYou see "break". A pretty full one in your case. People are going to jump in with their opinions on how much break (if any) you should have. It's all personal preference...I prefer a little more break than most on here.post #63083 of 7872210/25/13 at 8:59am
Thanks all for the feedback. The reason why I ask for some break is that one time I went with no break and noticed that the bottom of my pants were rocking back and forth and felt like...I was wearing the Three Stooges' pants.post #63084 of 7872210/25/13 at 9:21ampost #63085 of 7872210/25/13 at 9:41amrudals, if your pants had a wider opening, and had no break at all/did not even reach your shoes, then yes they would sway. but as long they at least touch your shoes and have a reasonable opening, the should not sway even with no break. also a lighter weight fabric will sway more than say a flannel.
but again, personal preference. some break is a-ok. most of my pants do have some break.post #63086 of 7872210/25/13 at 10:12ampost #63087 of 7872210/25/13 at 10:19ampost #63088 of 7872210/25/13 at 10:43ampost #63089 of 7872210/25/13 at 10:53am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 47 seconds ago
- › JoS. A. Bank Cedar Shoe trees on sale 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Is it bad to hang dress shirts? 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)