Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4206post #63076 of 7871910/25/13 at 8:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63077 of 7871910/25/13 at 8:14ami think they would help. the weight alone should be beneficial. but, aside from that, they really are personal preference. even though i regret not cuffing some of my pants, i have no reservations about wearing them just as much as my cuffed pants.post #63078 of 7871910/25/13 at 8:32ampost #63079 of 7871910/25/13 at 8:48amthat is also a matter of personal preference. some people like no break at all, meaning a totally straight line, other like a little break, others like more. but a lot of break that turns into puddling is pretty much across the board not good. i personally prefer no break or maybe a little, but thats it.
the break you have looks to me to fall in the acceptable range, and i bet when you are standing straight, not bent over to take a picture, it is even less. so its really up to you.
either way, in your full pic the openings looked to be a bit off and that is why i recommended a cuff. i like the look of a cuff, and the added weight should help the pants to fall nicer and keep a nicer line.post #63080 of 7871910/25/13 at 8:53amYou see "break". A pretty full one in your case. People are going to jump in with their opinions on how much break (if any) you should have. It's all personal preference...I prefer a little more break than most on here.post #63081 of 7871910/25/13 at 8:59am
Thanks all for the feedback. The reason why I ask for some break is that one time I went with no break and noticed that the bottom of my pants were rocking back and forth and felt like...I was wearing the Three Stooges' pants.post #63082 of 7871910/25/13 at 9:21ampost #63083 of 7871910/25/13 at 9:41amrudals, if your pants had a wider opening, and had no break at all/did not even reach your shoes, then yes they would sway. but as long they at least touch your shoes and have a reasonable opening, the should not sway even with no break. also a lighter weight fabric will sway more than say a flannel.
but again, personal preference. some break is a-ok. most of my pants do have some break.post #63084 of 7871910/25/13 at 10:12ampost #63085 of 7871910/25/13 at 10:19ampost #63086 of 7871910/25/13 at 10:43ampost #63087 of 7871910/25/13 at 10:53ampost #63088 of 7871910/25/13 at 10:54ampost #63089 of 7871910/25/13 at 11:02am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 940 Active Users (123 Members and 817 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 31 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 31 minutes ago
- › Edward Green (UK6 1/2E) Westminster 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?