I've noticed that when folks wear their pants short they can look like floods if not slim enough at the opening. Imo, you could get away with slimming the trousers at the opening. That overhang in the back causes that "flood" look imo. Really like the color combination and texture.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4201post #63001 of 7872010/24/13 at 2:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63002 of 7872010/24/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
NOT Noodles. Wait...are you calling me noodles because I am Korean?!!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
In spanish it's easier cause you read it as it sounds "Rudals".post #63003 of 7872010/24/13 at 2:42pmpost #63004 of 7872010/24/13 at 3:01pmpost #63005 of 7872010/24/13 at 3:02pmpost #63006 of 7872010/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #63007 of 7872010/24/13 at 3:16pm
Went with some light colors today.
Edited by An Acute Style - 10/24/13 at 3:58pmpost #63008 of 7872010/24/13 at 4:10pmpost #63009 of 7872010/24/13 at 4:57pm
AAS - very nice SC
Quote:Originally Posted by conradwu
Last fresco wear as it's officially Autumn in New York
I really like that tie, might have to check out the shop...
Welcome! My thoughts:
- Shirt looks nice.
- Tie is a bit shiny for my taste and the scale of the pattern is too close to the jacket.
- Square too matchy-matchy (at least from the pic) with the tie and has exploded from your pocket (it happens).
- That a SC or a suit? Pattern says SC, but color says suit.
Very subtle, very nice, HC.
I really like all the pieces here (especially sweater and shoes), but to me the fair isle looks a little incongruous with the formality of the suit. Just my .2post #63010 of 7872010/24/13 at 5:27pmpost #63011 of 7872010/24/13 at 5:29pmpost #63012 of 7872010/24/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by conradwu
Last fresco wear as it's officially Autumn in New York
Love this tie. I went right to your site to order but I fear what Canadian customs will do to me when it gets here.post #63013 of 7872010/24/13 at 6:27pmstitch, shoulders on that suit look badass, very nice. sartorio is one of my favorites, but the shoulders of their suits don't look half as good on me!
I was just about to make a case against satin or shiny ties, which seems to have popped up a lot recently from noobs tryin to look fancy-- but yours definitely an exception to any rule, looks killer.post #63014 of 7872010/24/13 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
stitch, shoulders on that suit look badass, very nice. sartorio is one of my favorites, but the shoulders of their suits don't look half as good on me!
I was just about to make a case against satin or shiny ties, which seems to have popped up a lot recently from noobs tryin to look fancy-- but yours definitely an exception to any rule, looks killer.
thanks foxxy! i love this suit. the spalla is
sorry the shoulders dont work on you tho.
and thanks again! i usually have a hard time with ties that are flat/shiny/satin, but this one has been really good for me. RLPL 7 fold. its one of my fave ties.post #63015 of 7872010/24/13 at 7:14pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › LEMAIRE 34 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 43 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories