Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4201post #63002 of 7871710/24/13 at 3:01pmpost #63003 of 7871710/24/13 at 3:02pmpost #63004 of 7871710/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #63005 of 7871710/24/13 at 3:16pm
Went with some light colors today.
Edited by An Acute Style - 10/24/13 at 3:58pmpost #63006 of 7871710/24/13 at 4:10pmpost #63007 of 7871710/24/13 at 4:57pm
AAS - very nice SC
Quote:Originally Posted by conradwu
Last fresco wear as it's officially Autumn in New York
I really like that tie, might have to check out the shop...
Welcome! My thoughts:
- Shirt looks nice.
- Tie is a bit shiny for my taste and the scale of the pattern is too close to the jacket.
- Square too matchy-matchy (at least from the pic) with the tie and has exploded from your pocket (it happens).
- That a SC or a suit? Pattern says SC, but color says suit.
Very subtle, very nice, HC.
I really like all the pieces here (especially sweater and shoes), but to me the fair isle looks a little incongruous with the formality of the suit. Just my .2post #63008 of 7871710/24/13 at 5:27pmpost #63009 of 7871710/24/13 at 5:29pmpost #63010 of 7871710/24/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by conradwu
Last fresco wear as it's officially Autumn in New York
Love this tie. I went right to your site to order but I fear what Canadian customs will do to me when it gets here.post #63011 of 7871710/24/13 at 6:27pmstitch, shoulders on that suit look badass, very nice. sartorio is one of my favorites, but the shoulders of their suits don't look half as good on me!
I was just about to make a case against satin or shiny ties, which seems to have popped up a lot recently from noobs tryin to look fancy-- but yours definitely an exception to any rule, looks killer.post #63012 of 7871710/24/13 at 6:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
stitch, shoulders on that suit look badass, very nice. sartorio is one of my favorites, but the shoulders of their suits don't look half as good on me!
I was just about to make a case against satin or shiny ties, which seems to have popped up a lot recently from noobs tryin to look fancy-- but yours definitely an exception to any rule, looks killer.
thanks foxxy! i love this suit. the spalla is
sorry the shoulders dont work on you tho.
and thanks again! i usually have a hard time with ties that are flat/shiny/satin, but this one has been really good for me. RLPL 7 fold. its one of my fave ties.post #63013 of 7871710/24/13 at 7:14pmpost #63014 of 7871710/24/13 at 8:08pmpost #63015 of 7871710/24/13 at 8:14pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROPS! ALDEN SALE - WHISKEY PTB, CIGAR LWB, TAN SUEDE... 1 minute ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...