I like the top half and I like the bottom half, just not together. Something seems a little off when you're wearing a brown tie with black shoes, but that might just be me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4201post #63001 of 7872210/24/13 at 1:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #63002 of 7872210/24/13 at 1:59pmQuote:Quote:while this varies from poster to poster, i learned much more by attempting and failing, than i would have just by lurking. everyones style is different and sometimes you need to try first hand and fall on your face a number of times before you start to figure it out.
This. That last fit was a stinker. But I learn a lot from the feedback each time.post #63003 of 7872210/24/13 at 2:20pm
I've noticed that when folks wear their pants short they can look like floods if not slim enough at the opening. Imo, you could get away with slimming the trousers at the opening. That overhang in the back causes that "flood" look imo. Really like the color combination and texture.post #63004 of 7872210/24/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
NOT Noodles. Wait...are you calling me noodles because I am Korean?!!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
In spanish it's easier cause you read it as it sounds "Rudals".post #63005 of 7872210/24/13 at 2:42pmpost #63006 of 7872210/24/13 at 3:01pmpost #63007 of 7872210/24/13 at 3:02pmpost #63008 of 7872210/24/13 at 3:11pmpost #63009 of 7872210/24/13 at 3:16pm
Went with some light colors today.
Edited by An Acute Style - 10/24/13 at 3:58pmpost #63010 of 7872210/24/13 at 4:10pmpost #63011 of 7872210/24/13 at 4:57pm
AAS - very nice SC
Quote:Originally Posted by conradwu
Last fresco wear as it's officially Autumn in New York
I really like that tie, might have to check out the shop...
Welcome! My thoughts:
- Shirt looks nice.
- Tie is a bit shiny for my taste and the scale of the pattern is too close to the jacket.
- Square too matchy-matchy (at least from the pic) with the tie and has exploded from your pocket (it happens).
- That a SC or a suit? Pattern says SC, but color says suit.
Very subtle, very nice, HC.
I really like all the pieces here (especially sweater and shoes), but to me the fair isle looks a little incongruous with the formality of the suit. Just my .2post #63012 of 7872210/24/13 at 5:27pmpost #63013 of 7872210/24/13 at 5:29pmpost #63014 of 7872210/24/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by conradwu
Last fresco wear as it's officially Autumn in New York
Love this tie. I went right to your site to order but I fear what Canadian customs will do to me when it gets here.post #63015 of 7872210/24/13 at 6:27pmstitch, shoulders on that suit look badass, very nice. sartorio is one of my favorites, but the shoulders of their suits don't look half as good on me!
I was just about to make a case against satin or shiny ties, which seems to have popped up a lot recently from noobs tryin to look fancy-- but yours definitely an exception to any rule, looks killer.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Must See Documentaries 10 minutes ago
- › RRL Ralph Lauren Hand Knit Shawlcollar Sweater in Size XL 10 minutes ago
- › Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures 17 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 18 minutes ago
- › Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy 27 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 27 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays