or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4200  

post #62986 of 78717
Full shot was elusive today. Thanks for all the positive feedback this week, dudes.

photo 4983950f-7653-48e7-ac61-58ba9b3a3efb_zps8d059293.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo 90c2dea0-b014-49a5-b5f0-b760938a18c7_zps44c5ac40.jpg
Zegna
Eton
Barbera
Unknown
Tralfalgar
Brooks
Panthy
Alden
post #62987 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by lierre View Post

Wide peak lapels and ticket pocket? Suitsupply Washington fit?

No, is a bespoke suit inspire in a huntsman model.
post #62988 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


Go back in the WAYWRN thread and see how some if great posters in this thread started out. It can be quit instructive to see how their styles evolved over time. I know that I've posted some real train wrecks in this thread. Heck, even Spoo had posted a real stinker or two.

When you do post, learn from the comments, pick up the pieces and try again. It takes a long time to find what works for you. It took me the better part of three years to arrive at a wardrobe that I feel comfortable with. The first year and a half on SF was spent exclusively lurking and reading old threads. It's a true gold mine of sartorial knowledge sitting at you finger tips.

You, sir, have certainly learned very well. :fonz:

My only gauge as to whether I dressed well is just based on thumbs up. I don't get feedback very much but I get some good help from some good people here via PM. So I try to observe and analyze what you guys have done and try to learn. You guys are great and I can only appreciate. But I think I come across a bit annoying even when I am joking. Maybe it is because I had one big meltdown the first time I came to WAYWRN. 

post #62989 of 78717

Only one button undone at the office!

post #62990 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

You, sir, have certainly learned very well. :fonz:

My only gauge as to whether I dressed well is just based on thumbs up. I don't get feedback very much but I get some good help from some good people here via PM. So I try to observe and analyze what you guys have done and try to learn. You guys are great and I can only appreciate. But I think I come across a bit annoying even when I am joking. Maybe it is because I had one big meltdown the first time I came to WAYWRN. 

 

I'm on your side, man, and I can't recall your ever actually looking bad.  But do you say it like "noodles" or not?! :puzzled: 

post #62991 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i read it as "rue-dahls"

When you press the keys R U D A L S on your keyboard when you have Korean characters on (Korean keyboard on), then it types in my Korean name. Stitches' pronunciation is correct...but it doesn't mean anything. LOL. I have an "American" name because people couldn't pronounce my name and started calling me, "Hey you!" or just totally botch the pronunciation. 

post #62992 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

 

I'm on your side, man, and I can't recall your ever actually looking bad.  But do you say it like "noodles" or not?! :puzzled: 

"Roo-Dals"

 

NOT Noodles. Wait...are you calling me noodles because I am Korean?!!

sesame-noodles.jpg


Edited by Rudals - 10/24/13 at 1:31pm
post #62993 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

 

I'm on your side, man, and I can't recall your ever actually looking bad.  But do you say it like "noodles" or not?! :puzzled: 

 

IF I may interject, I'm with Stiches on the pronunciation noodles would = Rudles or Rudlas (if you want to keep the vowels he uses)

post #62994 of 78717
Iphone camera sensor fail (its a suit).




Edited by Crat - 10/24/13 at 1:58pm
post #62995 of 78717
Crat, that is fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

You, sir, have certainly learned very well. fing02%5B1%5D.gif
My only gauge as to whether I dressed well is just based on thumbs up. I don't get feedback very much but I get some good help from some good people here via PM. So I try to observe and analyze what you guys have done and try to learn. You guys are great and I can only appreciate. But I think I come across a bit annoying even when I am joking. Maybe it is because I had one big meltdown the first time I came to WAYWRN. 

this is good stuff. the best way to make your jokes more apparent would be to tempter them a little and use emoticons. imho that is.

yes he has. though i cant recall pingson ever dressing not well.

do not put too much stock into thumbs. srsly. i have seem great fits that get few thumbs and fits i dont particularly love that get many.

i will endeavor to provide you feedback on your future fits.
post #62996 of 78717
@ Owen Meany that's a great looking tie and interesting watch which I don't recognize. Please share the makers if you're still looking in. Thanks.
post #62997 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



I like the top half and I like the bottom half, just not together. Something seems a little off when you're wearing a brown tie with black shoes, but that might just be me.

post #62998 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

 

Coxsackie, I once said you did louche very well, and at your best you can do, but on several occasions, I've just not been sure if you know what you're doing at all. I don't know what makes any of this rustic - but it is an enormous mess...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

[in response to rudals]
while this varies from poster to poster, i learned much more by attempting and failing, than i would have just by lurking. everyones style is different and sometimes you need to try first hand and fall on your face a number of times before you start to figure it out. 

 

This. That last fit was a stinker. But I learn a lot from the feedback each time.

post #62999 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crat View Post

Iphone camera sensor fail (its a suit).



I've noticed that when folks wear their pants short they can look like floods if not slim enough at the opening. Imo, you could get away with slimming the trousers at the opening. That overhang in the back causes that "flood" look imo. Really like the color combination and texture.

post #63000 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

"Roo-Dals"

 

NOT Noodles. Wait...are you calling me noodles because I am Korean?!!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
sesame-noodles.jpg

 

 

In spanish it's easier cause you read it as it sounds "Rudals". :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III