Roger...great tie there! richard10
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4198post #62956 of 7871910/24/13 at 8:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62957 of 7871910/24/13 at 8:53ampost #62958 of 7871910/24/13 at 9:15ampost #62959 of 7871910/24/13 at 9:22ampost #62960 of 7871910/24/13 at 9:42ampost #62961 of 7871910/24/13 at 9:59ampost #62962 of 7871910/24/13 at 10:01ampost #62963 of 7871910/24/13 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by SeamasterLux
More details in the French tailoring thread :)
Gambler - Loro Piana winter pima cotton trousers
I think I dislike almost everything stylistically about this, especially the jacket (notwithstanding that it fits wonderfully well), but I absolutely love that something different like this has been posted in the thread. We need more really high quality variety like this. Rock on.
Only time for a flying visit; super busy day!post #62964 of 7871910/24/13 at 10:16ampost #62965 of 7871910/24/13 at 11:09ampost #62966 of 7871910/24/13 at 11:09am
Rudals (just wondered: does that rhyme with "noodles"?), my friend, listen to me:
Whining.post #62967 of 7871910/24/13 at 11:14ampost #62968 of 7871910/24/13 at 11:24ampost #62969 of 7871910/24/13 at 11:29amQuote:
thanks you kindly, buddy.Quote:Rudals (just wondered: does that rhyme with "noodles"?), my friend, listen to me:
i kind of want to plus one this, but not really.
rudals, what i would say instead is as follows:
many people who stumble upon SF, and see fits from people who have been here for a while and have improved their mode of dress, begin to feel worse about how they themselves look/dress.
that is fine and normal, and possibly good. what i would say is, instead of overly bemoaning the fact, try and understand what it is about the fits that you find good that make you think they are good, and derive inspiration and direction from them. continue to cull your wardrobe, have your tailor adjust things to proportions that you think are good, and soon enough, if you keep your eye on the ball, you will dress quite well yourself.
it takes time and effort, but there is no reason it cant be done.
lastly, please do keep in mind, you dont look like shit, you just have work to do to step up your game.
best of luck to you, and thanks for the compliment!post #62970 of 7871910/24/13 at 11:47amQuote:
Single cuff = very formal
French cuff = less formal
Barrel cuff = casual/American
That said, DC, rock your FCs however you like. I know I do.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 26 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Fit 5 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 7 minutes ago
- › Video Games 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...