or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4188  

post #62806 of 78722

LBD today.*

 

*Louche Business Dress.

 

 

 

 

Canali - Oxford - Henry Carter - Grönefeld - Jack Peng Bespoke

post #62807 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Tom Miler got 28 likes so far for his last fit. That may be the most I've ever seen for anyone.

I can remember some with a bit more biggrin.gif But yeah, it is an awesome fit! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #62808 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Miler View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Yes the fit is fantastic but am I the only one wondering how he did that ... IN that???!! happy.gif
post #62809 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Tom Miler got 28 likes so far for his last fit. That may be the most I've ever seen for anyone.

I'm one of those thumbs. smile.gif But that's not even close to the record: http://www.styleforum.net/pages/stats/top/range/all/#members

No idea how most of those got so many likes... Especially those SW&D fits. I don't get some of those guys.
post #62810 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post


I'm one of those thumbs. smile.gif But that's not even close to the record: http://www.styleforum.net/pages/stats/top/range/all/#members

No idea how most of those got so many likes... Especially those SW&D fits. I don't get some of those guys.

 

I am not even venturing into the strange and disturbing world of SW&D. I'm not that brave.

post #62811 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

Tom Miler got 28 likes so far for his last fit. That may be the most I've ever seen for anyone.


I've seen a couple of people break 30 (myself included :embar:). I think Victor has gotten close to 40. And go to the SW&D side and you can see a few people break 100.

 

I gave Miller a thumb both for the outfit and the acrobatics.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post


Yes the fit is fantastic but am I the only one wondering how he did that ... IN that???!! happy.gif


I believe precedent has been set. I think we must admit that those Europeans are of sturdier stock than we.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSFreturn View Post
 

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

Caustic, that's a good blank vs blank for you. But you'd need to include the full set for each.

post #62812 of 78722

Goes to show how much I pay attention to that sort of thing.

post #62813 of 78722

thanks-  it's a Vanda shantung. i really like the ones I've got from them, they have high standards

 

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

pliny - great look. who makes the tie?
 
post #62814 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post
 

HC - looking good.

 

Roy/Mimo, thanks for the comments. Do you think the "no tie with a BD" is purely a non-American thing? I can understand some people's aversion to wearing a BD with a suit, so is this just a continuum on this spectrum?  Would it matter if the BD was not oxford cloth? Or is it just the sporting heritage of the shirt itself? Just a matter of personal taste? 

 

I would be curious to see how many on this board feel the same as you guys, and how much of that split would be correlated with geography.

 

To me BD is on the causual side and a silk(y) tie is formal, than in my eyes this seems like a formalitymix that I would never use with suit. In USA they do, me not. So it is personal taste. You can see this combo in Norway, but it is not that common.
I have som BD, but thas purly causual and I alway use them with the collarbutton unbuttoned. The prefered cloth is oxford, but I have some in cordroy as well. Not in poplin or fine stuff.

post #62815 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post
 

HC - looking good.

 

Roy/Mimo, thanks for the comments. Do you think the "no tie with a BD" is purely a non-American thing? I can understand some people's aversion to wearing a BD with a suit, so is this just a continuum on this spectrum?  Would it matter if the BD was not oxford cloth? Or is it just the sporting heritage of the shirt itself? Just a matter of personal taste? 

 

I would be curious to see how many on this board feel the same as you guys, and how much of that split would be correlated with geography.

 

It's partly the BD/tie thing, but I'm not vehemently against it in principle, even with a suit.  But you're right about the texture: I like a heavy oxford like that, but for me that's then a casual shirt.  Were it a lighter and dressier shirt, it wouldn't jar so much.  For a casual shirt with no tie, I actually prefer a BD - so the collar stays upright.  No tie is also the only time I wear collar stays too.  Perhaps counter-intuitive, but it prevents that curly collar thing, which isn't a problem when the collar is fastened with a tie and jacket.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

I am not even venturing into the strange and disturbing world of SW&D. I'm over 18.

 

:rolleyes:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 


I gave Miller a thumb both for the outfit and the acrobatics.

 

I believe precedent has been set. I think we must admit that those Europeans are of sturdier stock than we.

 

 

Me too.

 

If it's any consolation,

No Frills posted an even better "human flag" in TWAT. (Click to show)

And he is officially and geographically a full-time Murrican.  Abeit only recently. 

post #62816 of 78722

CottonDockers:

 

While mimo makes good points, I won't wear two neats. Neat and a paisley? Of course. Otherwise, I save my "neat" squares for stripes, knits, or emblematics. I only have one or two "neat" prints I'll wear with a sportcoat, though.

 

I like the rest.

post #62817 of 78722

Just for Stitchy...a third linen suit. :)

 

 

 

 

 

post #62818 of 78722

Tie a proper knot, mims

post #62819 of 78722

The Pratt/Shelby is my favourite knot.  Although with this less than formal look, I suppose I could have caved to FIH peer pressure. ;)

post #62820 of 78722
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III