Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4184post #62746 of 7872210/22/13 at 6:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62747 of 7872210/22/13 at 6:52am
Thanks. I can see why you might think that from the shoddy snap, but they're actually donegal wool trousers with lots of flecks in a shade of blue that's kind of close to RAF but a little darker. I've no particular objection to jacket & jeans combos but I don't think I'd pair the jacket I'm wearing today with them; it's a bit too "flat" in texture. I feel the donegal trousers are just formal enough to work with it, despite the base colours being close, especially given that the whole look was pretty much blues & whites anyway.post #62748 of 7872210/22/13 at 7:16ampost #62749 of 7872210/22/13 at 7:24amNew Friday challenge is up here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/366507/friday-challenge-25-10-13-emulate-your-sartorial-heropost #62750 of 7872210/22/13 at 7:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Use manual focus. Make a best-guess setting. Then take the first three or four photos with the same pose, but inching forward a little each time.
Now check to see which position gave the best focus (e.g. for fine detail on tie and PS) and stand in that spot for all subsequent poses.
Another trick is to use narrow apertures (say f11 and higher) to give more depth of field. But you will need more light for this. Or you can up the ISO. Or decrease the shutter speed. Or get a better fucking camera.
p.s. with all this apparent expertise, I still take shite photos. Go figure.
Haha worst thing is, I took some photography lessons in school and not so long ago, but never tried self portraits. I need to read the owners manual again cause I don't remember how to set up a different f/number.
This jacket is fantastic!post #62751 of 7872210/22/13 at 7:33ampost #62752 of 7872210/22/13 at 7:35ampost #62753 of 7872210/22/13 at 8:16amSpent almost 2 weeks in France, visiting Paris, Nice, and many smaller cities/towns/villages in the South of France. We had an amazing time. Here are some photos...
More pics... (Click to show)On the way to Villa Franche-sur-Mer
At the Chagall museum in Nice
I think this is Notre Dame in Paris...
In the tube at Zurich airport
Our apartment in Paris, in the Saint Germain area
In Monte Carlo/Monaco
These were always amazing (Paris, and pretty much everywhere else)
Anniversary dinner in the Eiffel Tower
Street art in Nice
Sunset from our hotel room in Nicepost #62754 of 7872210/22/13 at 8:20am
^^^ *Sigh* I miss Paris. You know, they always say Paris has the best food, and it's damn true. Even the lesser restaurants were a cut above what you'd find elsewhere. My favorite was Le Hotel. They have a Michelin star restaurant that is insanely good.post #62755 of 7872210/22/13 at 8:31ampost #62756 of 7872210/22/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Thanks. Your opinion is one that I greatly value. As to the silhouette, you pretty much nailed what we were going for. The goal was to be versatile while not usual. So the styling is very conservative while the cloth has some eccentricity.post #62757 of 7872210/22/13 at 8:58ampost #62758 of 7872210/22/13 at 9:03ampost #62759 of 7872210/22/13 at 9:26am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 18 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 52 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › What would you wear today? 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures from a few days in Naples (Updated... Solito, Formosa,... 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...