Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4184post #62746 of 7871910/22/13 at 7:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62747 of 7871910/22/13 at 7:24amNew Friday challenge is up here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/366507/friday-challenge-25-10-13-emulate-your-sartorial-heropost #62748 of 7871910/22/13 at 7:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Use manual focus. Make a best-guess setting. Then take the first three or four photos with the same pose, but inching forward a little each time.
Now check to see which position gave the best focus (e.g. for fine detail on tie and PS) and stand in that spot for all subsequent poses.
Another trick is to use narrow apertures (say f11 and higher) to give more depth of field. But you will need more light for this. Or you can up the ISO. Or decrease the shutter speed. Or get a better fucking camera.
p.s. with all this apparent expertise, I still take shite photos. Go figure.
Haha worst thing is, I took some photography lessons in school and not so long ago, but never tried self portraits. I need to read the owners manual again cause I don't remember how to set up a different f/number.
This jacket is fantastic!post #62749 of 7871910/22/13 at 7:33ampost #62750 of 7871910/22/13 at 7:35ampost #62751 of 7871910/22/13 at 8:16amSpent almost 2 weeks in France, visiting Paris, Nice, and many smaller cities/towns/villages in the South of France. We had an amazing time. Here are some photos...
More pics... (Click to show)On the way to Villa Franche-sur-Mer
At the Chagall museum in Nice
I think this is Notre Dame in Paris...
In the tube at Zurich airport
Our apartment in Paris, in the Saint Germain area
In Monte Carlo/Monaco
These were always amazing (Paris, and pretty much everywhere else)
Anniversary dinner in the Eiffel Tower
Street art in Nice
Sunset from our hotel room in Nicepost #62752 of 7871910/22/13 at 8:20am
^^^ *Sigh* I miss Paris. You know, they always say Paris has the best food, and it's damn true. Even the lesser restaurants were a cut above what you'd find elsewhere. My favorite was Le Hotel. They have a Michelin star restaurant that is insanely good.post #62753 of 7871910/22/13 at 8:31ampost #62754 of 7871910/22/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Thanks. Your opinion is one that I greatly value. As to the silhouette, you pretty much nailed what we were going for. The goal was to be versatile while not usual. So the styling is very conservative while the cloth has some eccentricity.post #62755 of 7871910/22/13 at 8:58ampost #62756 of 7871910/22/13 at 9:03ampost #62757 of 7871910/22/13 at 9:26ampost #62758 of 7871910/22/13 at 9:49ampost #62759 of 7871910/22/13 at 10:18ampost #62760 of 7871910/22/13 at 10:25am
Jacket looks and fits great.
Beautiful tie. Really adds a great texture to the fit.Quote:
I think you are right here, it is a bit big IRL.
I also really like your jacket. Do you find that it is close to as versatile as the standard navy?Quote:
Very nice and I certainly appreciate your attempt at funkiness. Love that jacket, but is the breast pocket pattern matching off, or is that just your stance?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Chelsea boots 11.5 H BNIB black calf perfect 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 23 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...