SeaJen and Spoo - those SCs!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4182post #62716 of 7871910/21/13 at 6:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62717 of 7871910/21/13 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
^ That's a lovely coat and a good length on you (sleeves and body). Like almost all of your fits I suspect I'd like it a lot more as a whole if I scrolled down to see a nice pair of brown derbies (bluchers) instead of the loafers. I was going to say wool trousers would be better but noticed on close up they are cords, so they get a pass. The shirt won't get a lot of love, but the cardi is great.
Thanks. I like the sleeves on the jacket, but prefer a slightly shorter jacket. I do like a good long or short wing brogue derby. I'm not a fan of the plan ones. I've been looking in to getting a pair. Probably no time soon. I got the cardigan from Frank and Oak in exchange for doing a review. I think it is quite nice for the price. Better than J. Crew, but on par with Club Monaco. I'm not looking for love on SF. I'm happily married.
Thanks. They're PRL from eBay. It's one of my favorite patterns.post #62718 of 7871910/21/13 at 6:37pmpost #62719 of 7871910/21/13 at 7:54pmpost #62720 of 7871910/21/13 at 8:17pmpost #62721 of 7871910/21/13 at 10:31pm
We have discussed this earlier, and I know you don't ask me this time. But I dare to answer this.
For me it is a mix of formality. Jeans are causual and all fine, and french cuff are formal and all fine - but not together.
It's the same with jeans and a coat, it's a mix of formality (and a outworn cliche). Jeans are perfect with sweater, or a leisure jacket, but not together with a SC, since they belong to different levels of outfit and give a contraditory expression. To me it's like sneakers with a suit.
Besides that everyone can wear whatever he wants, imo.post #62722 of 7871910/21/13 at 10:32pm
Use manual focus. Make a best-guess setting. Then take the first three or four photos with the same pose, but inching forward a little each time.
Now check to see which position gave the best focus (e.g. for fine detail on tie and PS) and stand in that spot for all subsequent poses.
Another trick is to use narrow apertures (say f11 and higher) to give more depth of field. But you will need more light for this. Or you can up the ISO. Or decrease the shutter speed. Or get a better fucking camera.
p.s. with all this apparent expertise, I still take shite photos. Go figure.post #62723 of 7871910/21/13 at 11:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Going back to work after a short weekend always sucks, but I need to prepare for an intense two-week teaching period that starts on Wednesday. Looking forward to the break from daily routines that teaching gives.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Details and such: (Click to show)
Me like those pants, Pingson. Deets?post #62724 of 7871910/22/13 at 12:04ampost #62725 of 7871910/22/13 at 12:34ampost #62726 of 7871910/22/13 at 1:05ampost #62727 of 7871910/22/13 at 1:50ampost #62728 of 7871910/22/13 at 3:16ampost #62729 of 7871910/22/13 at 3:23amOriginally Posted by VictorSFreturn
Victor, it's great to see you posting again. I don't really know whether it's deliberate or not, but there's always a lovely sense of idiosyncratic pastiche about many of your outfits, which I really like.Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I also got a black garza fina which has yet to be worn. It replaced a satin silk tie I had, and will be fine if I'm ever required to attend a funeral. But I'm of the opinion that ties offer the chance for a splash of colour in otherwise sedate backgrounds (navy/ charcoal suit, solid or blue striped shirt) so despite the general adoration of black knit or grenadine ties by the SF intelligentsia, any time I consider wearing a black tie I decide to go for something more colorful instead.
I wear my black grenadine very occasionally and agree that it's just too funereal for most days. Funnily enough when I bought mine, it was also to replace a satin silk black tie. I do have a suit (and one jacket) that plays very well with a black tie though, so I'm thinking about getting a black knit for it. A bit less morbid than the black grenadine, so it should work fine for those days.
On a more general - and equally heretical - note, I find solid colour grenadines to be a lot less versatile than SF tends to view them. For me, they're too more formal for most odd jacket looks (if you want a textured tie for those, wear a knit or a wool/cashmere if it's winter), while still not being formal enough for a more businessy suit where you'd typically wear a normal silk tie. And I don't really like solid on solid looks most of the tie anyway. So I find that they occupy a fairly narrow spectrum of utility of being used with suits that are somewhat - but not too much so - casual in both fabric & pattern. This is why I only own two of them: the aforementioned rarely-worn black, and a navy.Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers
Details (Click to show)
The shirt collar looks very nice in close up, but a bit flattened in the fuller shot. Not sure why. Is it slightly too big for your neck perhaps, and so falling down a bit?Originally Posted by Frankie22
Not my cup of tea at all, but I get what you're aiming for, and think it works in that context.Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is a prime example of the kind of jacket (pattern & colours) that I would hate on me, and but think it can look great on others. Nice one.Originally Posted by An Acute Style
I find the green of the cardigan a little too close to the green of the cords. Overall palette is nice though.Originally Posted by mktitsworth
I forgot to post this here today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad you remembered to; good-looking suit. It's what I think of as a very "appropriate" silhouette: fits right, and without any sort of crazy cut or detail that would offend anyone. A go-anywhere sort of suit.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 31 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 9 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?