Crusty, your clothes always fit you really well. You must have a great tailor.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4178post #62656 of 7872310/21/13 at 4:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62657 of 7872310/21/13 at 4:39amQuote:
Thank you. I do have a good alterations tailor near my office, and posting regularly in these fora always means that I'll be called out if my tailoring is less than stellar, hence my near-continuous employment of said alterations tailor.
I am also lucky to be a very average size - a lot of things fit me well off the rack.post #62658 of 7872310/21/13 at 4:56ampost #62659 of 7872310/21/13 at 5:30ampost #62660 of 7872310/21/13 at 5:52ampost #62661 of 7872310/21/13 at 6:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
Universal is a funny term. Is it universally unliked? No. And a thinner lapel might just be more proportionate on you. What I think gets a lot of hate from people around here, including me, is the super skinny "fashion" lapels. I can't say what would look proportional on you, but I'd rather be on the wide side, than the skinny side when it comes to peak lapels especially.
Thanks, I will be alert, and post pictures before a major purchase.
Jpost #62662 of 7872310/21/13 at 6:45amUC - I think you deserve a round of applause for the effect that you've had on the SF aesthetic overall. While there may be some motion both ways, you are a prime example that simple perseverance is necessary to move past the vitriol that often permeates the forum.post #62663 of 7872310/21/13 at 6:49amQuote:
Still looking for someone I'd go back to. Trying out my 4th tailor this week.post #62664 of 7872310/21/13 at 6:59ampost #62665 of 7872310/21/13 at 7:07ampost #62666 of 7872310/21/13 at 7:10ampost #62667 of 7872310/21/13 at 7:29amOriginally Posted by DonCologne Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not a fan of the jacket, but it would have made a crazy cool suit!
Been away for a few days but back now. One fit from just before going, and the more casual one is from today:post #62668 of 7872310/21/13 at 7:46amQuote:
Looking at the full-length picture, I'd tend to agree, though I'll check it IRL before sending the jacket off to my tailor.
Thank you, Pingson!Quote:
The vitriol with which I agreed I took to heart, and made changes to my attire - that with which I disagreed (or was merely disagreeable) I learned to ignore. Had I not, I would not have had the pleasure of meeting some of the posters, including yourself. As for changing the Gemeinschaft around these parts, I couldn't possibly comment - I am only conscious of the changes that the general taste of SF has had on me - not so much whatever effect I might have had on the consensus around here.Quote:
I hope that 4th time is the charm.Quote:
Thanks, Stitchy!post #62669 of 7872310/21/13 at 7:56ampost #62670 of 7872310/21/13 at 8:13amQuote:
Thank you Broness.
Certainly time for some different ones...they're a bit of an all-year staple for me because it's always warm or hot. But even after recent alteration, that batch of three linen suits and my favourite non linen (120s pick-a-pick), are just too big - the open jacket and hand in pocket are to hide the great sagging expanse where my bigger belly used to be! Anyway, they've been beaten to death for quite a while and the trousers are showing their age too. Time for some tailoring. I'm being a little cautious though, partly because I'm not rich enough, but partly also because even with 55lbs down, I know I want another 20-30 before I'm done. A few new suits are essential, but not too many just yet.
So, I'm just waiting for a jacket to be finished, and have four suit lengths waiting to cut: two flannel, and two linen - but better quality I think. There's also a monster tweed at the back of the queue for winter travel, not sure if I'll bother yet. A couple of lighter year-round worsteds will follow, I promise. ;)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 16 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 17 minutes ago
- › Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy 17 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)