It's really interesting to see a tail coat these days, when a dinner suit is regarded as the epitome of formal social dress. Still trying to justify the second.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4174post #62596 of 7871910/20/13 at 10:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62597 of 7871910/20/13 at 12:23pmQuote:
Black tie has never really caught on in Scandinavian countries, at least in formal situations. I'm sure you can find cocktail parties where black tie is worm, but for all the formal events it is always white tie. Universities are of course notorious for keeping traditions so it may be more common here than in the rest of society. I have even been wearing white tie to public thesis defences in Finland when I have been acting as an invited thesis examiner.post #62598 of 7871910/20/13 at 1:25pmpost #62599 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:11pmpost #62600 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:19pmpost #62601 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:25pmpost #62602 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by the villain
Boss suits fit me better than any other OTR I've ever tried. I own three and they've served me well. The build quality is perfect for my needs. Are you guys doing James Bond sh*t in your fully canvassed jackets?
Anyway... There must be someone who likes my outfit as I was showered with compliments last night.
I think it's time to quote the great Sheepy.post #62603 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:50pmpost #62604 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:53pmpost #62605 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:55pmpost #62606 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:56pmpost #62607 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:57pmQuote:
Now it's Sunday.post #62608 of 7871910/20/13 at 2:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by JLopez
Dear all, my first look here in the post:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think with a sky blue shirt and a pocket square it will look even better. But as it is, it´s a real good start here.
I have two 4x2 DB sports coat. In the german styleforum the people said, that 6x2 looks better on me, but I give the 4x2 DB an other chance tomorrow.post #62609 of 7871910/20/13 at 3:06pmpost #62610 of 7871910/20/13 at 3:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by JLopez
Thanks for the comments, I fully agree the pocket comment but the shirt I like the white one but anyway a sky blue one doesn't make much difference from a white one IMO.
A white shirt is for me too formal for that blazer with patch pockets and the monkstraps.
And on the second look I see that the blazer is a little bit too short.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Wine Thread 15 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mens Jewelry / Bracelets 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Is black suit an acceptable business attire? 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 6 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...