or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4173

post #62581 of 75885

Damn, this thread has been weird lately. :uhoh:

post #62582 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

Damn, this thread has been weird lately. :uhoh:

 

+1. I am beginning to think that the villain = mikael.

 

Clags: just out of curiosity - what about the shoulders do you think looks dated? I am here to learn...

post #62583 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

 

just out of curiosity - what about the shoulders do you think looks dated? I am here to learn...

 

I don't know what he will say, but to me it looks like 90s power shoulders. They are obviously heavily padded. Remember that show X Files? It's something you would expect to see Mulder wearing from season 1. The ridiculously low button stance just echoes this ancient 90s style.

post #62584 of 75885

I'm hard pressed to say anything negative about this, as I appreciate the jacket for the self-expression. I might only have a qualm with the pockets, but other than that I like everything I see. I especially like the collar and texture of the shirt, as I feel that spread benefits most/if-not all faces. Also, the french cuffs are a nice touch! :lurk:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

Sports coat from D'avenza

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 
post #62585 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

I don't know what he will say, but to me it looks like 90s power shoulders. They are obviously heavily padded. Remember that show X Files? It's something you would expect to see Mulder wearing from season 1.

Wow, I feel I should serve penance for almost considering that. Y'all are like Batman, handing out sartorial justice.

post #62586 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnathor View Post
 

Wow, I feel I should serve penance for almost considering that. Y'all are like Batman, handing out sartorial justice.

 

Actually I'm more like Robin. Running around, getting into trouble, and having to be rescued by the real heroes.

post #62587 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

I don't know what he will say, but to me it looks like 90s power shoulders. They are obviously heavily padded. Remember that show X Files? It's something you would expect to see Mulder wearing from season 1. The ridiculously low button stance just echoes this ancient 90s style.

 

Ok, I get your point. Well, I for one can't tell if its just a "non-natural" shoulder or very padded. I guess I haven't really gotten the eye for that kind of stuff yet... Anyway, I know that padded shoulders in general are frowned upon in this thread, but surely padded shoulder can't be that bad per se? Doen't it all boil down to how your own body and shoulder are shaped and what is the most flattering on you?

 

I, for example, own several jackets that are more padded than the standard neapolitan type jackets, but I wouldn't say they look dated because of it. Or maybe I am just wrong?

post #62588 of 75885

The amount of padding you want is dependent on personal preference and shoulder type. But that looks like a lot.

post #62589 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

 

I know that padded shoulders in general are frowned upon in this thread

 

This is not at all true. In fact the vast majority of the jackets you will see here are padded, as opposed to completely unconstructed. It may not seem like it because... (this is the "AHA!" moment) the level of padding is consistent with providing a natural looking shoulder. Tailored clothing is about subtlety. You gently accentuate your natural gifts, and subtly hide your deficiencies. The problem with those shoulders isn't that they are padded. It is that they are VERY padded. 

post #62590 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

The amount of padding you want is dependent on personal preference and shoulder type. But that looks like a lot.

 

Ok. But how exactly do you see this? I for one always find i difficult to tell wether its the padding or the mannequin that has such an effect on a jacket's shoulders.  I am asking, since I'd really like to be able to draw such a conclusion myself. It would help a lot when searching for jackets online...

post #62591 of 75885

Mannequins shouldn't have any padding. They are there to approximate the human body. It should have no effect.

post #62592 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

Mannequins shouldn't have any padding. They are there to approximate the human body. It should have no effect.

 

 No of course not - I've never seen any mannequins with padding. I am not even sure what that means.

 What I mean is that I sometimes find it hard to see if what I see around the shoulder of a jacket is the effect of the mannequin underneath or the padding of the jacket...

post #62593 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

 

 No of course not - I've never seen any mannequins with padding. I am not even sure what that means.

 What I mean is that I sometimes find it hard to see if what I see around the shoulder of a jacket is the effect of the mannequin underneath or the padding of the jacket...

 

Well I don't know what to tell you about this. I think it's rather easy to tell how much padding a shoulder has by looking at it. Perhaps experience will help in this case.

post #62594 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post

Anyway... There must be someone who likes my outfit as I was showered with compliments last night.

hello, troll. i can assure you, no one here likes your outfit.
post #62595 of 75885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Don't tell me you don't dress up for your anniversary?? teacha.gif

i much prefer to dress down. mwink[1].gif

--

MF - great look.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III