That is a beautiful suit, Mf.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4172post #62566 of 7871910/20/13 at 5:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62567 of 7871910/20/13 at 5:44ampost #62568 of 7871910/20/13 at 5:53ampost #62569 of 7871910/20/13 at 6:01amQuote:
Thanks guys! You're right about the boots with this suit, it clashes a bit and it's almost too much, but somehow I appreciate the louche effect. Next time I'll wear them them with a very understated outfit.post #62570 of 7871910/20/13 at 6:08ampost #62571 of 7871910/20/13 at 6:22ampost #62572 of 7871910/20/13 at 6:35ampost #62573 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:01ampost #62574 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:09ampost #62575 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:14amQuote:
Does this look vintage to you folks?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One of these has your answer. The other two have snark.Does this look like the ask a quick question thread?Door Number 2 (Click to show)Is that what you are wearing right now?Door Number 3 (Click to show)It looks very dated, both with the button placement and the shoulders. It also looks like an orphaned suit jacket due to the pin stripes and being charcoal gray. I really wouldn't spend any money on it if I were you.post #62576 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
One of these has your answer. The other two have snark.Does this look like the ask a quick question thread?Door Number 2 (Click to show)Is that what you are wearing right now?Door Number 3 (Click to show)It looks very dated, both with the button placement and the shoulders. It also looks like an orphaned suit jacket due to the pin stripes and being charcoal gray. I really wouldn't spend any money on it if I were you.
Thanks, That is all for me!
I'd buy you a sandwich if I could Claghorn!post #62577 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:20ampost #62578 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:22ampost #62579 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:28amQuote:
I don't know what he will say, but to me it looks like 90s power shoulders. They are obviously heavily padded. Remember that show X Files? It's something you would expect to see Mulder wearing from season 1. The ridiculously low button stance just echoes this ancient 90s style.post #62580 of 7871910/20/13 at 7:30am
I'm hard pressed to say anything negative about this, as I appreciate the jacket for the self-expression. I might only have a qualm with the pockets, but other than that I like everything I see. I especially like the collar and texture of the shirt, as I feel that spread benefits most/if-not all faces. Also, the french cuffs are a nice touch!
Quote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Sports coat from D'avenza
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 51 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1