or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4170  

post #62536 of 78722
AAS, there's a lot going on in that fit but I think you pulled it off very well (except maybe the fun socks...LOL)
post #62537 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

I love quantum physics! biggrin.gif

 

I think my style is like quantum physics sometimes.  Super weird and incompatible with classical ideals.  :revolve:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonyman View Post

AAS, there's a lot going on in that fit but I think you pulled it off very well (except maybe the fun socks...LOL)
 
Thanks.  I think so too.  If I had to do it again, I'd change the socks.  
post #62538 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeBanker View Post

I love waistcoats with lapels. This fits perfectly with the patch pockets. May I ask who makes this suit?

yes me too. when has Victor ever not looked completely badass?
post #62539 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

The second time I am trying out this jacket in this thread. Feedback - positive or negative - is welcome as always.

 

Pants are navy needlecords, tie is dark grey wool.

 

More pictures! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me likey velly much, except maybe for the pocket square, which despite being beautifully arranged, seems to have no apparent link to any other element of the outfit - well, maybe there's a textural link.

 

If it had just been a bit darker, as in burgundy or maroon, I think it would have worked better. As it is, just too bright and distracting. But a minor quibble.

post #62540 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Nothing wrong with ink. Plenty of posters here have them, myself included; they're just in slightly more discrete places. A member here, in stitches, has a giant Star of David tattooed in the center of his chest. A bit shows when he's tieless.

As far as Clooney and Pitt are concerned...they looked good because they were Clooney and Pitt. And would have looked better in something non-matchy.

I thought your tramp stamp showed whenever you bent down to tie your shoe laces. 

post #62541 of 78722
pingson, you get married every year? puzzled.gif

wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

A member here, in stitches, has a giant Star of David tattooed in the center of his chest. A bit shows when he's tieless.

i am going to post a shirtless pic, and everyone will have you to blame.

---

thanks for all the likes yesterday, gents! cheers.gif
post #62542 of 78722

 

Definitely feeling like fall in the Midwest.

post #62543 of 78722
jesus h. Christ, this is bad....seems that everything has a satin sheen, even the "stripes" on the suit. unless the vest is a cardigan sweater, i'd get rid of it along with the suit, and stick to textured ties with some depth to em. I won't comment on the very pointed shoes, other than to ask where in the world these came from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post

Outfit for tonight







Comments welcome.
post #62544 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post
 

I thought your tramp stamp showed whenever you bent down to tie your shoe laces. 


I don't even have feet.

 

Shameless pitch: the twit I quoted and I are writing stuff. Or trying to.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/366145/tira-and-clag-discuss-civilly#post_6670069

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

*sigh* ... I guess this kind of response is what happens when you try to do something non-conformist in what in possibly the most staid, groupthink forum on the Internet.

In all honesty, most of the office nerd outfits on here bore me to tears. Dressing like Mr. Bean is something I'll do when I'm old and grey.

Anyway, I'll try to post something more Sf friendly in the future and offer my humblest, most grovelling apologies for offending those with delicate sensibilities in my previous offerings.

Some of you guys really need to be a little bit less OCD, though. Tie dimples? For real? Wide stance? Yeah, that's the pose I strike when I'm riding your wife... Come on, gentlemen.. Have some fun.

Some of the comments your pics inspired were, how do you say, less than helpful, I'll admit. But I suspect many of the posters feel they are being trolled; but on the off chance they weren't, they should have been a little more welcoming given that you are a new poster.

 

The pointed toes are bad. Those type of shoes age terribly. They also call to mind court jesters.

 

I dislike full windsors. But at least your collar fits them. And dimple your damn tie.

 

Collar. I like it. It may be too big for your neck, but big collars are great nonetheless.

 

That tie and vest. Well, it looks like you are part of a wedding party.

 

Most of the folks here recognize what you are trying to go for. It's just not working. There are several posters here who are unconventional in their outfits and are received just fine (with a bit of ribbing, naturally).

post #62545 of 78722

'the villain' just killed the thread. T'was nice knowing you WAYWRN. May you rest in peace.

post #62546 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post

*sigh* ... I guess this kind of response is what happens when you try to do something non-conformist in what in possibly the most staid, groupthink forum on the Internet.

In all honesty, most of the office nerd outfits on here bore me to tears. Dressing like Mr. Bean is something I'll do when I'm old and grey.

Anyway, I'll try to post something more Sf friendly in the future and offer my humblest, most grovelling apologies for offending those with delicate sensibilities in my previous offerings.

Some of you guys really need to be a little bit less OCD, though. Tie dimples? For real? Wide stance? Yeah, that's the pose I strike when I'm riding your wife... Come on, gentlemen.. Have some fun.


Here is a small hint that may help you become more SF Compliant:

If the garment is flame retardant, it probably will not pass muster.
post #62547 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post

@Caustic Man Dafuq?

That totally wasn't my intention. I was just responding to previous, heavy handed feedback...

 

Oh believe you me, that wasn't heavy handed. Most of those folks went easy on you. Grow a thick skin, because you are going to get honest opinions. Funny thing is, just generally bad looks often get ignored. The REALLY bad ones get comments. I'm not trying to pile on, but we have unconventional dressers in here too. Think "Tirelleur1", "AnAcuteStyle", and I myself often dress against the grain (Although no one should look to me for inspiration because, as I have often said, I dress horribly). My point is, even if you were going for a "different" look, it still looked bad from a simple aesthetic standpoint.

post #62548 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post
Yeah, you need Rhino skin on this forum, it seems...

 

It helps.

post #62549 of 78722

Earth tones and dark trousers. Mah man! :cheers:

 

Don't listen to the non believers!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post
 

Wonderfull late summer weather with this camel hair sports coat from Brioni

 

post #62550 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by the villain View Post

@Claghorn thanks again for the advice. Any suggestions on how to make this look better? I like the look of an odd vest beneath a suit, is it the high contrast which fails in this case?

@Caustic Man Yeah, you need Rhino skin on this forum, it seems...


Hey, The Villain. There are a bunch of reasons why this isn't working. Generally black suits wash people out and they probably should only be worn to funerals or a night out on the town, but the problem with your black suit is the vertical stripes and shine. Vertical stripes on suits imply a business suit, but this one certainly isn't. The shininess also hurts it, because generally shiny fabric implies low quality fabric. The suit has no basis in history, and therefore is sort of just nothing. At no time was that a proper kind of suit. If you want to wear a black suit out, I'd get a simple, well fitting, solid black suit. Or better yet charcoal because then you can wear it during the day too.

Contrasting vests can sometimes be okay, but probably only with casual outfits. Tweed and other country fabrics and colors lend themselves well, but not sleek city suits that you are wearing. Also a white suit vest isn't anything. Where did it come from? A white suit? because that's not a thing either.

Your shoes look like elf shoes and aren't very pleasing to the eye, probably because feet aren't shaped like that.

No one will love the tie you are wearing but, eh whatever, if everything else was spot on I guess I'd be fine with it. But giving it a dimple does give it more interest and character.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III