Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4168post #62506 of 7872310/18/13 at 11:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62507 of 7872310/18/13 at 11:59pm
Snark: you look like a partially peeled avocado.
Not snark: the green on green on green (really, any time the tie and shirt are matching shades of the same color, or matching color besides blue) is not a great look. You want the color block to be broken up. There is no contrast between the shirt and tie and that creates an awkward look. That's partially why you don't see darker shirts worn with ties. The matching pocket square comes across as a bit Mens Warehouse-y or sports announcer-ish. And your cuffs are undone.post #62508 of 7872310/19/13 at 12:43am
It's green. That's about it. There's no interesting and clever matching of textures, colours or patterns. Even if there were, the very fact that there is so much green just overpowers everything else, making this look like a shallow gimmick.
But yeah, stick around and look at how to introduce some thought beyond "let's wear the same colour" into it (not meant to sound harsh, but I can't really think of any other way to word it). At least your stuff seem to fit alright.post #62509 of 7872310/19/13 at 1:01amNothing wrong with ink. Plenty of posters here have them, myself included; they're just in slightly more discrete places. A member here, in stitches, has a giant Star of David tattooed in the center of his chest. A bit shows when he's tieless.
As far as Clooney and Pitt are concerned...they looked good because they were Clooney and Pitt. And would have looked better in something non-matchy.post #62510 of 7872310/19/13 at 3:24amQuote:Originally Posted by the villain
Outfit for tonight
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A second fit pic within 5 hours?
And since you asked for comments... Looks like your suit is black. You won't find much love for black suits around here. Ugly shoes. Horrible tie and knot (no dimple). Very tacky white waistcoat. Shirt cuffs much too loose. Awkwardly wide stance.post #62511 of 7872310/19/13 at 4:48ampost #62512 of 7872310/19/13 at 6:07ampost #62513 of 7872310/19/13 at 6:13ampost #62514 of 7872310/19/13 at 6:29ampost #62515 of 7872310/19/13 at 6:48am
Well, you obviously are not going for classic, conservative business dress. But to be frank, if you are going to keep posting pics that are of that poor composition and quality it is going to be hard for everyone else to get a read on what you are trying to accomplish.post #62516 of 7872310/19/13 at 7:11ampost #62517 of 7872310/19/13 at 8:12ampost #62518 of 7872310/19/13 at 8:23amVictor, that's exactly exactly exactly the suit I want. 3 piece in exactly that shade of gray. I love-hate you. I generally don't care for the square end ties, but with the vest you don't notice really, and honestly it's just great overall.post #62519 of 7872310/19/13 at 8:33ampost #62520 of 7872310/19/13 at 8:45amHey thevillain, since you are looking for feedback, I just have to say that whenever I see a black suit with a color-matched shirt and tie combo, my only thought is that someone with no idea how to dress well walked into a budget menswear shop and said "I need something for grad."
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Handmade Leather Artisan 6 minutes ago
- › Full Leg Suit Trouser 7 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)