or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4158  

post #62356 of 78717
Blue leather from NM
RRL denim
vintage 1680
G&G

post #62357 of 78717

Thanks, Butch.  And also "fellow father of three" means we both are, I got it. :lol:

post #62358 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

 

As a fellow father of three, what I can't believe is how you get to buy so much cool stuff!  But my no.1 is about to be 16; it gets worse....

 

Anyway, great look today, and many happy returns to Stitchette. :)

 

 

You went great.  But shell or not, I can't help but feel loafers are a little alien to such an autumnal outfit, unless it were really dressed down e.g. cords and a light sweater for lounging about in your library.  Great colours though...if there were boots or NSTs or derbies on the end of your legs, it would be perfect.

Loafers are great for autumn, especially with some nice thick socks.

post #62359 of 78717


post #62360 of 78717

Moar new bits and bobs: tie by Loro Piana (thanks, Malford), square from the Kent of Wang.

 

Mo' (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #62361 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

As a fellow father of three, ..


You went great.  But shell or not, I can't help but feel loafers are a little alien to such an autumnal outfit, unless it were really dressed down e.g. cords and a light sweater for lounging about in your library.  Great colours though...if there were boots or NSTs or derbies on the end of your legs, it would be perfect.

I, too, am a father of three girls. Oldest is 6.5. Not looking forward to ... well, just about any age older than that.

Thanks, Mimo. I can't seem to get the swing of loafers. Every time I try to wear them dressed down, they seem way too formal and shiny. And when I dress them up, they seem out of place. :/
post #62362 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

suited - that SC is all kinds of awesome.

Thank you - today was the first day I broke it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

great looking jacket, SVB.

---

eldest stitch kid took the day off of school for her birthday present (happy b-day eldest stitch kid!), and decided to take part in the fit pic fun!!!

as an aside, i cant believe i have a kid who is 10, thanks g-d. a decade as a dad. wow.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









You look younger than I expected, mate, and happy b-day to your daughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionairef View Post



Really like the shoes.
post #62363 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

If you go back to mimo's post, Stitchy, you'll see he was referring to GMMcL's post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Thanks, Butch.  And also "fellow father of three" means we both are, I got it. lol8%5B1%5D.gif

oops. i am a moron. post has been edited appropriately.

looking much improved mimo. now more on to shoes that are only 1 color. devil.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Thank you - today was the first day I broke it out.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
You look younger than I expected, mate, and happy b-day to your daughter.

thanks. i guess, lol. how old did you think i was? Gandalf level?

will convey the birthday wishes to mini stitch.
post #62364 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Have a nice Thursday, everyone!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




This looks awesome! Would have loved a pic of the full ensemble.
post #62365 of 78717
Good morning to some, good afternoon to others
post #62366 of 78717
yes it is a different suit today....smile.gif
post #62367 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


Thanks, Mimo. I can't seem to get the swing of loafers. Every time I try to wear them dressed down, they seem way too formal and shiny. And when I dress them up, they seem out of place. :/

IMHO loafers are like topsiders, Nantucket reds, or barn coats, and you just need to suck it up and wear the hell out of them until they are sufficiently beat up to look good casually worn.

If you want them to look new and shiny then they are relegated to use with fine merino or cashmere sweaters and trousers if that is your style.

J
post #62368 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by J011yroger View Post


IMHO loafers are like topsiders, Nantucket reds, or barn coats, and you just need to suck it up and wear the hell out of them until they are sufficiently beat up to look good casually worn.

If you want them to look new and shiny then they are relegated to use with fine merino or cashmere sweaters and trousers if that is your style.

J

Loafers are one of the most versatile shoes out there. You can wear them with an odd jacket, but they won't look out of place with a casual suit either. Hell, you can even wear suede loafers with denim if that's your thing. 

post #62369 of 78717
Colors kinda off. iPhone just loses its mind when there's anything reddish in the frame. I tried to desaturate, but it's still kinda vibrant. (Also, shirt is blue, suit is brown.)

post #62370 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post
 

Loafers are one of the most versatile shoes out there. You can wear them with an odd jacket, but they won't look out of place with a casual suit either. Hell, you can even wear suede loafers with denim if that's your thing. 

And shorts if done properly. The mot versatile shoe for the modern man.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III