Hardly the first side-track in this thread, and at least this one's about classic menswear - leave the man alone! Try the "Unfunded Liabilities" thread for ideas, Rudy. But beware: if this thread is the most brutal, that one is the most rarified. There, you will be in the presence of great knowledge and enormous egos. So no whining or sounding "entitled". They don't like that. I'm a bit scared of them. But they know a LOT.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4154post #62297 of 7871710/16/13 at 1:57pmpost #62298 of 7871710/16/13 at 1:59pmpost #62299 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:05pmpost #62300 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
dont worry about it. keepon keepin on. tangents are part of WAYWRN, always has been.
regarding your question tho, will @ fields is the effing man. i am sure he can guide through the process.
however, if you are looking specifically for SF all-star status, going bespoke this early in your game is a dangerous choice.
will does great great work, but not all great work is SF approved. if you really seek SF approval, be aware, you may spend 4k + on a single suit and people may say no good. and if that will make you hate your suit, you will have just wasted a lot of money.
IMHO, do not buy anything bespoke for at least a full year of active SF participation. learn learn and learn more, and fail along the way. and once you are more certain of what you like and what flies over here, then go bespoke. let your failures be less financially devastating. trust me.
now, if you dont care about SF approval, that is a different story, but i do not gather that is the case. and even if you dont care, there is what to be said about spending time learning what you like before you go bespoke. ones personal style develops and you may be surprised where you land in the end, and realize what you really do like and dont like.
and im sure in the meantime, at work and with friends, you look better than most.post #62301 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:10pmpost #62302 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:11pm
I sometimes dress myself into a corner. I had a really hard time finding a jacket to go with this outfit. My pocket square matches my tie and these pants are awfully short. They're on my tailoring list.post #62303 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:14pm
Nice fit, Orge. Yours is what I wanted mine to be.Quote:
Beautiful tie, Mimo.post #62304 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:21pm
Thanks CD. I must say I've been really delighted with the Yellow Hook experience. Don Roberto is not only a thoroughly pleasant and decent human being with whom to do business, but the maker of some absolutely exceptional neck candy. I have three. And it would be dishonest - with myself primarily - not to add "so far".
AAS: you know how I feel about your horsebits, and you're right about the trousers. But somehow, with that cord jacket, your loafers seem to have found a strange harmony. I like it.post #62305 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:35pmpost #62306 of 7871710/16/13 at 2:45pmpost #62307 of 7871710/16/13 at 4:44pmpost #62308 of 7871710/16/13 at 4:58pmpost #62309 of 7871710/16/13 at 5:03pmpost #62310 of 7871710/16/13 at 5:06pm
I think 3 in a 12 hour period. One was from earlier in the week. I wasn't going to post it because the jacket was too short. Then I thought that was a stupid reason not to post it. Then I realized I had worn navy jackets three days in a row and got excited for Thursday. Now it's Thursday.
I get prize, yes?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 58 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Film thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 9 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...