I've been drifting along, happily believing that my socks r no different to anyone else's- and even smugly thinking, if i'm really honest, that my socks are 'in good taste'
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4142post #62116 of 7871710/14/13 at 6:08ampost #62117 of 7871710/14/13 at 6:19ampost #62118 of 7871710/14/13 at 6:57amQuote:
I have 4 year round sport coats, plus 2 tweeds that I rotate in during colder months, and a cotton SC that is for casual nights out.
I have 7 suits in the current rotation. I have my eye on one or two more.
I wear a suit Mon-Thurs and jacket sans tie on Fri.post #62119 of 7871710/14/13 at 7:36am
I wil cause I really need them.
Yeap. 31.5" from BOC is the best lenght. This one is 32".
Thank you very much.post #62120 of 7871710/14/13 at 7:44am
Thanks Mimo. I am sure will find a new owner.
Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
Alas, as Professor Pingson said above, it's just too big. And if there's anyone you want to hold up as a model of consistent excellence in this thread, it's him! The jacket is a touch long, sleeves especially, which are also too wide. As you said, the shoulders are a bit too wide although that can be a style choice, but as it's too big around the chest and too deep in the shoulder too, it makes them look sloppy rather than extended.
Which is a pity - it's nice. But don't bother trying to fix this one with tailoring - it's not worth it and won't be what you want. Keep on shopping around, you'll find a better fit I'm sure, until you go order that MTM jacket you know you want, and finally enter the dark side of bespoke!post #62121 of 7871710/14/13 at 7:54ampingson, pliny, timo, great fits.Quote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
I have nine or ten SCs but not all are wearable - a couple need alterations and a couple are just, well, plain nasty.
Eight suits. About eight or nine pairs of odd trousers; again, not all are wearable.
My real FAIL is ties. I must have at least fifty, and most of them would constitute fuel for the SF furnaces. I have always had a "thing" for loud ties, which is why I had a soft spot for Mikhael during his brief presence on this thread.
Since joining SF I have tried to replace some of the worst ones with some plain knits, foulards, Macclesfields, woollens and such-like.
But on another thread I've been praised for doing "louche" well (anyway, i think it was praise), so I won't consign all my look-at-me neckwear to the flames just yet.
been there, brother, enjoy the ride. in the meantime, call all your CC companies, tell them to expect large purchases, and ask them to up your limits.
GOOD LUCK!!!post #62122 of 7871710/14/13 at 8:29ampost #62123 of 7871710/14/13 at 8:49ampost #62124 of 7871710/14/13 at 9:04ampost #62125 of 7871710/14/13 at 9:05ampost #62126 of 7871710/14/13 at 9:13ampost #62127 of 7871710/14/13 at 9:17amQuote:
Better to write in english that all people can understand. I know tat the trouser is a little bit long . I Have so much pieces every week at the tailor and this trouser will be shorten next time.post #62128 of 7871710/14/13 at 9:22ampost #62129 of 7871710/14/13 at 9:23amOriginally Posted by Henry Carter
Back from holidays (bummer) but new tie day...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As someone who virtually never wears BD shirts with ties, you consistently make one of the best arguments I've seen for them being aesthetically acceptable. This is high praise indeed from me, considering my intrinsic bias.
Light now appears to be thing of the past until next year, so the choice is either grainy photos or weird colour balance. Having said that, these snaps from Saturday & today demonstrate a bit of both...post #62130 of 7871710/14/13 at 9:29am15 odd jackets, 15 suits, and a dozen odd trousers. Probably half of the jackets and trousers are more appropriate for colder weather, so I look forward to fall and winter.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 18 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 32 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 34 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 40 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Loake Aldwych Dark Brown Burnished Calf - UK8.5F 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...