or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4141  

post #62101 of 78717

Are you guys paying full retail for all of these SCs or are they the type of thing that can be found elsewhere with regularity? I only have 2 jackets, both Samuelsohn. One came from Harry Rosen outlet for $400 and the other was full retail at $1,000 and I don't think the quality is any different. 

post #62102 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post
 

For Mimo...

 

Samuelsohn Grey Twill Jacket

Hudson's Bay Shirt

Baumler Navy Trousers

Allen Edmonds Walnut Kenilworth Derbys 

Plenty Of Fish Girlfriend

 

 

Nice casual combo, Bill.  Also nice girlfriend, though I'm not sure she should be listed on your accessories list, or have a website as her designated manufacturer. 

 

Just one thing: the boyfriend has to go. :paranoia: 

 

As for needing two new SCs to "wear with denim", really, just drop that nasty denim.  But I repeat myself.  Get new SCs to wear with cords, autumnal flannels, even chinos.  It will make you a better person.

post #62103 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatitalian View Post

I managed to meet the DB challenge without even knowing it, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Was thinking about participating in the Friday challenge but my only DB is in a hefty 18oz fabric and I just couldn't make myself wear that today.... musicboohoo[1].gif

You still look good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

while I don;t normally comment on this thread, not that it makes any difference since I'm a Forum nobody, I'd like to say that Pingson is an underrated poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

while I don;t normally comment on this thread, not that it makes any difference since I'm a Forum nobody, I'd like to say that Pingson is an underrated poster.

I don't think anyone underrates Pingson. He is one of the most consistent posters of good outfits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Definitely not underrated. One of the best dressers for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Huh? He is not under-rated at all. He consistently hits it out of the ball park and we recognize it. Don't know where this is coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

Gents, I didn't mean to stir the pot because we all agree on his consistency. Now that I think about it, I could probably worded it differently. What I meant is that he is seldom mention with other Forum favorites. Did I just made it worse? smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

I don't think anyone underrates Pingson. He is one of the most consistent posters of good outfits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Definitely not underrated. One of the best dressers for sure.

this. pingson is the shit.

No need to get worked up over me, guys shog[1].gif . But thanks for all the thumbs and kind comments icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I had absolutely no desire to even get out of bed today, so I dressed to the teeth just to remind myself that actually have a job to do....


Details (Click to show)


post #62104 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Thank you, Ian.

The festivities in honor of my aging continued this evening, with my partner and Bernoulli, at Picholine.

Suit & cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shirt & tie - BB
PS - J S Blank
Braces & boots - Paul Stuart
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



]


This suit is dazzling--the colors and the windowpane check.
Belated natal day wishes.

post #62105 of 78717

Guys!

 

I need your advice.

Got this beautiful cashmere baby delivered to the office on Friday. I only had time to try it on for a photo. I have been looking at the photo during the weekend and my feeling is that it is too big in the shoulders for me. I took a some more photos this morning and I need your input before I decide to keep or let go. The photo quality is bad because I made them lighter for evaluation.

 

Andreas

 

 

 

post #62106 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Guys!

I need your advice.
Got this beautiful cashmere baby delivered to the office on Friday. I only had time to try it on for a photo. I have been looking at the photo during the weekend and my feeling is that it is too big in the shoulders for me. I took a some more photos this morning and I need your input before I decide to keep or let go. The photo quality is bad because I made them lighter for evaluation.

Andreas
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








It looks to be about a size too big from what I can see in the photos. Where is the shoulder seam in relation to the end of your shoulders? If you look at my picture (posted just above yours), the shoulder seam of my jacket is right at the point where my arm meets my shoulder

Have you done the classic "lean against the wall" test? Lean against a wall and the jacket should hit the wall at the same time as your shoulder does. If the jacket hits before, it's too big. It's not a conclusive test, but is usually a pretty good indicator.
post #62107 of 78717

Hi guise, Ze B, Caustic, Henry C, DC and Betel-  aswm fits.  Betel that's a fantastic jacket.

 

ZB & EFV-  beautiful cloths on yr suits IMO

 

 

Vanda 6-fold Macclesfield.   Gerald n Diana's ties r very lite and the hand-rolled edges r  :satisfied:

 

 

 

 

deets

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 


Edited by Pliny - 10/14/13 at 3:43am
post #62108 of 78717
stripes x 2

post #62109 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

Hi guise, Ze B, Caustic, Henry C, DC and Betel-  aswm fits.  Betel that's a fantastic jacket.

ZB & EFV-  beautiful cloths on yr suits IMO


Vanda 6-fold Macclesfield.   Gerald n Diana's ties r very lite and the hand-rolled edges r  satisfied.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





deets Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Great jacket Pliny! details?
post #62110 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


It looks to be about a size too big from what I can see in the photos. Where is the shoulder seam in relation to the end of your shoulders? If you look at my picture (posted just above yours), the shoulder seam of my jacket is right at the point where my arm meets my shoulder

Have you done the classic "lean against the wall" test? Lean against a wall and the jacket should hit the wall at the same time as your shoulder does. If the jacket hits before, it's too big. It's not a conclusive test, but is usually a pretty good indicator.

Thanks Pingson,

 

You confirmed it. The jacket is slightly large in the shoulders *banging head against wall*. I have been looking for a jacket like this (navy blue, cashmere, patch pockets) for ages. Well, I´ll have to keep looking...

post #62111 of 78717
DB coat out of Smith Woollens Blue Riband
W Bill Cream linen trousers
Light blue POW-style checked shirt with a dark blue over check
6 year old RL tie

post #62112 of 78717
Cheers - it's Brooks Brothers. A plaid in Saxxon wool, which they say has a superior hand to the usual stuff. Feels a little smoother i guess but I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell the difference blind.
Like your suit today smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Great jacket Pliny! details?


Timo i think the complementing shirt and jacket patterns with a plain tie, as u have here, is often more elegant than patterned tie n square, or tie n jacket satisfied.gif
post #62113 of 78717

Pliny,

 

I'm just going to pretend I don't see your socks so I can give you the thumbs you consistently deserve. :o

post #62114 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post

I have ~30 sports coats and ~15 suits. Most times I wear the suits for working and the sports coat for the leisure time. I have some favourits and I try to give away some sports coats, I wear very rarely. 
I shouldn't play this game because it will reveal my unhealthy obsession, but suffice it to say I've got this beat like a rented mule. In my defense, I do a fair bit of selling (certainly not Spoo level, but still), so some of the collection is transient and driven by access to inventory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post

Are you guys paying full retail for all of these SCs or are they the type of thing that can be found elsewhere with regularity? I only have 2 jackets, both Samuelsohn. One came from Harry Rosen outlet for $400 and the other was full retail at $1,000 and I don't think the quality is any different. 
Secondhand or heavily discounted, roughly 100%. And the exceptions are more likely to be accessories.
post #62115 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

I had absolutely no desire to even get out of bed today, so I dressed to the teeth just to remind myself that actually have a job to do....

 

Ha!  I thought it was just me.  That is definitely a psychological tool I use on myself.  It might work even better if my suits are ever as nice as yours, but for now it's still not a bad tactic.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post
 

Guys!

 

I need your advice.

 

 

Alas, as Professor Pingson said above, it's just too big.  And if there's anyone you want to hold up as a model of consistent excellence in this thread, it's him!  The jacket is a touch long, sleeves especially, which are also too wide.  As you said, the shoulders are a bit too wide although that can be a style choice, but  as it's too big around the chest and too deep in the shoulder too, it makes them look sloppy rather than extended.

 

Which is a pity - it's nice.  But don't bother trying to fix this one with tailoring - it's not worth it and won't be what you want.  Keep on shopping around, you'll find a better fit I'm sure, until you go order that MTM jacket you know you want, and finally enter the dark side of bespoke!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Pliny,

 

I'm just going to pretend I don't see your socks so I can give you the thumbs you consistently deserve. :o

 

Pliny, I have seen your socks and you do indeed deserve the thumb.  Keep on rocking them. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III