Nope. I wasn't ribbing. I was being insulting. I think he's a pompous ass and deserving of insults. But I should've kept it out of the thread. My apologies to anyone who has delicate sensitivities.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4122post #61816 of 7871910/8/13 at 6:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61817 of 7871910/8/13 at 6:21pmpost #61818 of 7871910/8/13 at 6:22pmpost #61819 of 7871910/8/13 at 7:10pmpost #61820 of 7871910/8/13 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by TobiasM
I love autumn:
Love the Suitsupply Brown Check Jacket. On the website it looks like a dark grey with brown checks but with your pics I can clearly see its brown. I plan on ordering the same jacket next month assuming nothing else is added the site that catches my attention
Personally I would take in the waist but jacket overall looks greatpost #61821 of 7871910/8/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
Nice to see an almost full body shot - I was beginning to suspect that something terrible happened around your waist that you were keeping hidden from us, but no, the fit is annoyingly damn near perfect all round. ;)post #61822 of 7871910/8/13 at 8:13pmpost #61823 of 7871910/8/13 at 8:17pmQuote:
Haha no, maybe a bit extra round the waistline but its still there! A rambunctious 4 year old has stolen the attention of my photographer early in the morning!post #61824 of 7871910/8/13 at 9:21pm
i dont mean to pick on you, but since you worded it that way, it i brought up something i have long felt about some of the critiquing here.
i think that phrase you just used is the root of much of the nitpicking here. people are annoyed by perfection as opposed to welcoming and appreciating it. its almost like many times people want to find something wrong with a fit, and they search and search until they can zone in on something to neg.
i know its absurd to pick that up from your post, and you were surely just joking, but i think there is truth to my observation.
no hate, but its something that often bothers me.
i fully expect to walk into a shit storm from this when i check back in.post #61825 of 7871910/8/13 at 9:21pmpost #61826 of 7871910/8/13 at 9:35pmQuote:
Please dont shoot yourself.
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/ermenegildo-zegna-suit-review-0910post #61827 of 7871910/8/13 at 11:07pm
There's a lot I like about this outfit, especially the knit tie and the classic 3-roll-2 blazer (J.Press?). In the spirit of friendly, constructive comment, I would just simplify it a bit. The cutaway collar with the beautiful blue stripe is quite striking on its own, without having so many competing elements nearby, like the red lapel pin, green sweater vest, and paisley pocket square. You may want to take away two or three of those accessories. The red and blue striped socks, watch band, and tie are a little too matchy-matchy. You may want to go with either a solid band or socks to be more subtle. I wouldn't comment on the outfit unless I thought it was attractive, and could be even more with some slight changes.
Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Meet the parents night. Finally home.
Details. (Click to show)
post #61828 of 7871910/8/13 at 11:18pmHave to say Spoo, that fits better than a lot of bespoke. Nice shaping through the waist. I'm also partial to the natural sleevehead. In my eyes, it looks more effortless and harmonious, flowing from the shoulder to the sleeve, than a roped sleevehead (I say this as someone who wears jackets with roped sleeveheads at times).Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #61829 of 7871910/8/13 at 11:23pmpost #61830 of 7871910/8/13 at 11:28pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 9 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 16 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...