Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4106post #61576 of 7872410/4/13 at 8:36pmYup. I missed the bit that he had had them tailored. I would consider dumping that tailor and looking for another one, as he should have been honest / honourable enough to tell you that this was never gonna work and not take your money.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61577 of 7872410/5/13 at 12:54amQuote:
I've actually dropped over 50lbs over the summer, and the trousers have been the easier part - perhaps because they were mostly made for me in the first place it's been easier to alter them somehow. The RTW ones are all messed up in the rise even after tailoring. Strange how that worked out.
What I think is really difficult is the jackets. They can be taken in, but the length at the front is now all wrong somehow and I don't think they can ever be right completely - either left a bit big overall, or losing proportion. Six inches (at least) or three standard sizes difference, is just beyond alteration territory. I had four suits and two jackets done anyway as a stop-gap, but cloth for eight new suits is on its way and the first new jacket was cut yesterday....got to be done.post #61578 of 7872410/5/13 at 1:29am
Massive field. Difficult challenge. Interesting results.
Edited by Claghorn - 10/5/13 at 1:47ampost #61579 of 7872410/5/13 at 3:55ampost #61580 of 7872410/5/13 at 4:10ampost #61581 of 7872410/5/13 at 4:43ampost #61582 of 7872410/5/13 at 7:13ampost #61583 of 7872410/5/13 at 7:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Butler
Escorting 91 year old mother to a country wedding
Tails by Steven Hitchcock, bespoke boiled evening shirt and detachable collar by Budd.
Yes I know about the PS, had just been in use!
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
noble elegance .... fantastic ...a really perfect poise...my complimentspost #61584 of 7872410/5/13 at 1:08pmpost #61585 of 7872410/5/13 at 1:42pmpost #61586 of 7872410/5/13 at 3:22pmpost #61587 of 7872410/5/13 at 4:02pmpost #61588 of 7872410/5/13 at 4:06pmpost #61589 of 7872410/5/13 at 6:38pmIsteRed, jacket and pants look very good. dont love the shirt and shoe tho, sorry. throw on a blue/white OCBD and some suede kicks or trickets type boots, and that would be a great looking casual fit imo.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Shoulder expression 18 seconds ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 5 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 1 Aug 2014: "You at your you-iest" aka "When you... 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)