plus one...holy fuck i need that suit. maker?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4084post #61246 of 7871710/2/13 at 7:18ampost #61247 of 7871710/2/13 at 7:18am
You have a good eye! All true. I have a slight barrel chest, which makes all my OTR suits look a little tight. I really think I need to have this one let out a bit around the midriff. Haven't had time, but I think it would solve the pulling problem as well as visually "bringing down" the buttoning point .
The other issue is that I'm halfway between size 50 and 52 in Canali. This one is a 50. I tried on the 52 and the shoulders were too wide, plus the trousers would hardly stay up. Maybe I should start thinking about MTM suits in future - the Canali boutique near my office offers that service.
But the fabric is sweet, isn't it.post #61248 of 7871710/2/13 at 7:22amSure, RDiaz, you acknowledge it. But what have you done to atone for it?
Señor Crust, I see you are today, in quite a shocking development, in the pink.
Pliny, by SF groupthink standards, those socks with that outfit are definitely "fun" socks. I agree about the scale issue with the tie and jacket.Quote:
Y U NO LIKE IT, THE HANDLE?post #61249 of 7871710/2/13 at 7:26ampost #61250 of 7871710/2/13 at 7:29am
That was an idea from the photographer. When I carry the case I use the handle.
And here is day 3 of my little challenge:post #61251 of 7871710/2/13 at 7:43ampost #61252 of 7871710/2/13 at 7:48amOriginally Posted by Coxsackie
X-post from the Friday Challenge. (I posted early...is that allowed?)
Canali, Beaubridge & Kay, Ted Baker, TM Lewin, Santoni, Ray-Ban vintage. Foliage courtesy of Kerry Properties (Shanghai).
Actually I think this rig would look better with black shoes, but they were specifically excluded from the Challenge.
Fantastic fabric on that suit, though I agree with the comments about it being tight in the chest. The brown loafers are good with it IMO (I can see black working too) but the shirt is too hot a pink and I just don't like that tie at all in any context.
Another early entry for the Friday Challenge, incorporating one of my new shirts from Luxire. I was going to wear dark green cords with it, but then figured, sod it and go red.post #61253 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:06amQuote:
Mission accomplished. Job well done, Derek! I hope he didn't quit SF because of my awesome video. Music video.
I have no pix today because I didn't feel like dressing up and I look like $#!T and my leather pants are too freaking tight.post #61254 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:06amQuote:
Ending up with a perfectly balanced jacket and trouser cut isn't enough?
Seriously, my darker flannel trousers are in need of a pressing, and I didn't have time. Can't stand creaseless trousers.post #61255 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:11ampost #61256 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:12ampost #61257 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:14ampost #61258 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:23ampost #61259 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:27ampost #61260 of 7871710/2/13 at 8:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › BNWT $2867 Orazio Luciano Grey Overcoat 100% Wool Size 54EU - 44US 6 minutes ago
- › Flint Water and Fat 1%er Michael Moore 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 41 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 44 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding