This is a great look. Love the tie and the chain. I think the lapels are too narrow for the tie or just too narrow in general though. Also the shoulders look a bit wonky in the top picture despite the natural stance. They look much better in the magazine. Both pocket squares look great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4082post #61216 of 7872410/1/13 at 6:03pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61217 of 7872410/1/13 at 7:10pmpost #61218 of 7872410/1/13 at 7:20pmDid Derek break Mikael while I slept? I'm surprised he doesn't have thicker skin given his career. For what it's worth, when he talked about music or being a musician in an interview, he seemed like a down to earth straight up guy.
Less so when started name dropping, but I guess who you know/who you can associate yourself with is an important part of his businesspost #61219 of 7872410/1/13 at 7:46pmpost #61220 of 7872410/1/13 at 8:25pmpost #61221 of 7872410/1/13 at 8:44pmpost #61222 of 7872410/1/13 at 8:57pmpost #61223 of 7872410/2/13 at 12:29amQuote:
Derek, it disturbs me that again we are of one mind: how much less interesting to be a douchey dresser who turns out to be a nice guy, than a better dressed guy who is surprisingly douchey. Yeah baby.Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Yesterday. I did a new full body shot. I usually have the camera at waist level, but I put it up at chest level. I think I like chest level better. I probably should have worn navy blue socks. I was going to wear brown shoes, but put on this burgundy pair at the last minute.
If I'm picky then I don't really like the tie, but you can pull it off. What I really wanted to say is that this looks great. Non-horsebit loafers, with socks...definitely the right way to go! And burgundy sings with that fit. Nice.
And what, might I ask, is wrong with being in the Victorian age? OK, I know you have that whole post-imperial thing going on, but that doesn't mean we should cease to dress a bit like imperialists...
In other news, I took the unusual step yesterday of giving my bank details to a Nigerian on the internet. Be gentle.Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Did Derek break Mikael while I slept? I'm surprised he doesn't have thicker skin given his career. For what it's worth, when he talked about music or being a musician in an interview, he seemed like a down to earth straight up guy.
Less so when started name dropping, but I guess who you know/who you can associate yourself with is an important part of his business
Pfff....Derek would be so much more of a man if he'd met Coolio.post #61224 of 7872410/2/13 at 1:45ampost #61225 of 7872410/2/13 at 2:40amPliny, I think the scale of the patterns of tie and jacket might be a bit close too one another, but it's not big of a problem, if at all.
I would only praise your recent outfits if it would not be for the fun socks, which for me ruin the otherwise very tasteful combinations.post #61226 of 7872410/2/13 at 2:49am??? Thanks i guess. Im guilty of a lot of sartorial faux pas, but fun socks is not one of them.Quote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Pliny, I think the scale of the patterns of tie and jacket might be a bit close too one another, but it's not big of a problem, if at all.
I would only praise your recent outfits if it would not be for the fun socks, which for me ruin the otherwise very tasteful combinations.post #61227 of 7872410/2/13 at 2:54ampost #61228 of 7872410/2/13 at 2:57ampost #61229 of 7872410/2/13 at 3:02ampost #61230 of 7872410/2/13 at 3:03am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 58 seconds ago
- › Tailored / High Quality Shirts 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 17 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)