^^^Yo, T..deets on the DB Blazer homey!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4075
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61112 of 787239/30/13 at 9:41pmpost #61113 of 787239/30/13 at 9:44pm
One swag item at a time. As you can see I am already titling to the side from sheer swagforce. shit's dangerous yo
Banana Republic... yeah... That Banana Repbulicpost #61114 of 787239/30/13 at 9:46pmpost #61115 of 787239/30/13 at 9:52pm
nothing wrong with a little banana in your life son, lol..but its pretty dope..Im surprised though because a lot of the lapels on their jackets are so skinny.. I feel like sometimes you cannot tell the difference between banana republic suits and J-Crew suits on the outside..post #61116 of 787239/30/13 at 9:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
nothing wrong with a little banana in your life son, lol..but its pretty dope..Im surprised though because a lot of the lapels on their jackets are so skinny.. I feel like sometimes you cannot tell the difference between banana republic suits and J-Crew suits on the outside..
Well I bought it before they caught on the skinny lapel train late. I don't care that it is from Banana Republic. I was just surprised to find something that not only fit but I fancied.
Sorry I am watching Reggie Bush's td as I type this. Cotdang.post #61117 of 787239/30/13 at 10:14pmpost #61118 of 787239/30/13 at 10:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by mickael
ask and you shall get an answer ;)
PS: this is about 4 years old but that's the easiest link I could remember off.
It all makes sense! Entertaining you certainly are.
Mickael, there's always room for a bit of dandiness around here, and I agree with you that context is very important. A very few, like Monsieur le Tirailleur, manage to somehow be SF icons while breaking all the SF rules at the same time. For us as mere mortals, it is usually necessary to accept that SF rules can be broken, but nobody has to like it. How much we care whether SF likes it is a personal choice.
Me, I like my brightly coloured socks sometimes, contrasting shoelaces here and there, and even wear trousers with a little break (*audible gasp*). These things do not gain much love. Yet, as you said, I am complimented daily in the real world for being a sharp dresser (albeit with little competition where I live!). Conversely, I despise sockless loafers, and "crossover" combinations such as jeans or cargo pants with a jacket and tie. I hate some things that I see on SF, and SF hates some things they see on me. One thing I have to admit, though, is that although I have my own style, I've been inspired by a lot of things I've seen on here - and often that which is closest to traditional ideals of classic menswear.
Take what you like and agree to differ on what you don't. Just never take it personally. We all cool here. In any language.
P.S. Pleased to meet you.
What's most ironic here, bruvva, is that this is possibly the most CM post I've ever seen from you. And awesome it is. Yet not strangely incongruous on you - I can't help thinking you need a sequinned boater or a feather boa or something.post #61119 of 7872310/1/13 at 12:07am
Mickael you've looked at and posted in the thread so you know what gives.
I'll try to make constructive suggestions from a classic MC POV.
The most useful crit i can offer is to suggest that u load better pics- this one is so tiny and low res that it's hard to tell what's going on , but obvious stuff is..
.. shirt collar points could be broader so they're hidden by jacket lapels
.. u need more 'tie-space' so the top of the tie knot overlaps the top of the collar and not vice versa
.. square could be folded a little smaller, and angled down towards the inside edge of the pocket (assuming it's linen)
.. jacket is too short, and while jacket length is partly personal, this one is outside the usual MC margin of preference
.. fit is generally too tightWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #61120 of 7872310/1/13 at 2:09ampost #61121 of 7872310/1/13 at 2:33ampost #61122 of 7872310/1/13 at 2:36ampost #61123 of 7872310/1/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Timo, is it the angle of the picture of have you decided to slightly increase the inseam length and leg opening of your pants?
I think the fit of the pants in this most recent picture looks way better than in older pictures of yours in which I thought the inseam was too short and the opening too small.
Overall a very well executed classic look.
Keep it up!
These are actually my widest pants & I must say I like the look more and more.post #61124 of 7872310/1/13 at 3:10amQuote:Change the shirt to something with a better collar (more spread) and this fit will look really good. The skinny suit is designed for people with your frame.Originally Posted by mickael
Oh and here is another one... Flame on !!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think you can learn a lot about fit and coordination here but seeing what you do for a living, a lot of "rules" are not meant for you.
Edited by kulata - 10/1/13 at 5:29ampost #61125 of 7872310/1/13 at 4:33amTuesday, with a seeming return of late summer (certainly temperature-wise, in NYC), hence today's attire. Choice of footwear was the direct influence of GMMcl, whose choice of footwear for his fit for yesterday inspired mine today.
Suit - BB
Shirt, tie & shoes - Tyrhwitt
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
PS - Alain Figaret
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 20 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 20 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 23 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)