Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4075post #61111 of 787229/30/13 at 9:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61112 of 787229/30/13 at 9:44pm
One swag item at a time. As you can see I am already titling to the side from sheer swagforce. shit's dangerous yo
Banana Republic... yeah... That Banana Repbulicpost #61113 of 787229/30/13 at 9:46pmpost #61114 of 787229/30/13 at 9:52pm
nothing wrong with a little banana in your life son, lol..but its pretty dope..Im surprised though because a lot of the lapels on their jackets are so skinny.. I feel like sometimes you cannot tell the difference between banana republic suits and J-Crew suits on the outside..post #61115 of 787229/30/13 at 9:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
nothing wrong with a little banana in your life son, lol..but its pretty dope..Im surprised though because a lot of the lapels on their jackets are so skinny.. I feel like sometimes you cannot tell the difference between banana republic suits and J-Crew suits on the outside..
Well I bought it before they caught on the skinny lapel train late. I don't care that it is from Banana Republic. I was just surprised to find something that not only fit but I fancied.
Sorry I am watching Reggie Bush's td as I type this. Cotdang.post #61116 of 787229/30/13 at 10:14pmpost #61117 of 787229/30/13 at 10:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by mickael
ask and you shall get an answer ;)
PS: this is about 4 years old but that's the easiest link I could remember off.
It all makes sense! Entertaining you certainly are.
Mickael, there's always room for a bit of dandiness around here, and I agree with you that context is very important. A very few, like Monsieur le Tirailleur, manage to somehow be SF icons while breaking all the SF rules at the same time. For us as mere mortals, it is usually necessary to accept that SF rules can be broken, but nobody has to like it. How much we care whether SF likes it is a personal choice.
Me, I like my brightly coloured socks sometimes, contrasting shoelaces here and there, and even wear trousers with a little break (*audible gasp*). These things do not gain much love. Yet, as you said, I am complimented daily in the real world for being a sharp dresser (albeit with little competition where I live!). Conversely, I despise sockless loafers, and "crossover" combinations such as jeans or cargo pants with a jacket and tie. I hate some things that I see on SF, and SF hates some things they see on me. One thing I have to admit, though, is that although I have my own style, I've been inspired by a lot of things I've seen on here - and often that which is closest to traditional ideals of classic menswear.
Take what you like and agree to differ on what you don't. Just never take it personally. We all cool here. In any language.
P.S. Pleased to meet you.
What's most ironic here, bruvva, is that this is possibly the most CM post I've ever seen from you. And awesome it is. Yet not strangely incongruous on you - I can't help thinking you need a sequinned boater or a feather boa or something.post #61118 of 7872210/1/13 at 12:07am
Mickael you've looked at and posted in the thread so you know what gives.
I'll try to make constructive suggestions from a classic MC POV.
The most useful crit i can offer is to suggest that u load better pics- this one is so tiny and low res that it's hard to tell what's going on , but obvious stuff is..
.. shirt collar points could be broader so they're hidden by jacket lapels
.. u need more 'tie-space' so the top of the tie knot overlaps the top of the collar and not vice versa
.. square could be folded a little smaller, and angled down towards the inside edge of the pocket (assuming it's linen)
.. jacket is too short, and while jacket length is partly personal, this one is outside the usual MC margin of preference
.. fit is generally too tightWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #61119 of 7872210/1/13 at 2:09ampost #61120 of 7872210/1/13 at 2:33ampost #61121 of 7872210/1/13 at 2:36ampost #61122 of 7872210/1/13 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Timo, is it the angle of the picture of have you decided to slightly increase the inseam length and leg opening of your pants?
I think the fit of the pants in this most recent picture looks way better than in older pictures of yours in which I thought the inseam was too short and the opening too small.
Overall a very well executed classic look.
Keep it up!
These are actually my widest pants & I must say I like the look more and more.post #61123 of 7872210/1/13 at 3:10amQuote:Change the shirt to something with a better collar (more spread) and this fit will look really good. The skinny suit is designed for people with your frame.Originally Posted by mickael
Oh and here is another one... Flame on !!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think you can learn a lot about fit and coordination here but seeing what you do for a living, a lot of "rules" are not meant for you.
Edited by kulata - 10/1/13 at 5:29ampost #61124 of 7872210/1/13 at 4:33amTuesday, with a seeming return of late summer (certainly temperature-wise, in NYC), hence today's attire. Choice of footwear was the direct influence of GMMcl, whose choice of footwear for his fit for yesterday inspired mine today.
Suit - BB
Shirt, tie & shoes - Tyrhwitt
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
PS - Alain Figaret
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #61125 of 7872210/1/13 at 4:47am
In light of past couple of pages, I must say that, personally, I find this thread at its least enjoyable when it moves into the arcana of what styles are suitable for the thread and what are not. But then, I still think that this the thread was at its most interesting when it was one with the SW&D thread, before the Great (Forum) Schism.
Anyway, new suit today (Suitsupply Napoli); bought a few weeks or so ago but the first time I've got round to wearing it post-tailoring. I also have a slightly narrower navy pinstripe suit in a heavier material and technically, this one was bought to be more for summer as it's a lighter weight compared to some of the other items I've been wearing recently, but as the weather is fairly mild, it'll do good duty as a shoulder-season item when paired in a somewhat more autumnal way e.g. with this tie's colours. Mild the weather may be, but resolutely overcast too, so apologies for the grainy, over-adjusted photo:
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Bourbon. 6 seconds ago
- › APC Chelsea + Barneys Boots 1 minute ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 4 minutes ago
- › Visvim Mesa Moc-Folk US9 (like new) 5 minutes ago
- › G&G for RLPL - Numan size 11D 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays