don, i dont think that hat is working for ya, buddy. sorry.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4071post #61051 of 787199/30/13 at 7:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61052 of 787199/30/13 at 7:02ampost #61053 of 787199/30/13 at 7:09ampost #61054 of 787199/30/13 at 7:10ampost #61055 of 787199/30/13 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
Generally, I love this - and also the pictures with your family - I seem to remember you posting some very cute picture of your boys here a while back, right? You come across as someone who is totally confident in your own style and the clothes fit you well. However, equally as much as I love everything else, I hate the belt buckle. Seriously hate it. You just don't need it. It shouts 'brand' and this undermines the confidence of everything else. I think you would be much better off with a still high quality but much more understated, brand-less belt and buckle
Funnily enough, I don't have the same feeling about Mickael's LV case, largely because anything less showy would make his fit vulnerable to ordinary criticism, and it's so dedicated to its particular vibe that it's rather beyond that...
I don't love the Hermes belt buckle either, however I don't mind one piece in an ensemble that is equally distinctive and sort of over the top. Cartier makes a few non-branded belt buckles that are still conspicuous that I'd love to own. but I enjoy gucci horsebit loafers for the samereasonpost #61056 of 787199/30/13 at 7:21ampost #61057 of 787199/30/13 at 7:25ampost #61058 of 787199/30/13 at 7:29ampost #61059 of 787199/30/13 at 7:34amQuote:
That's funny, Don. I do a similar thing: I teach a night law school class, and I try to make it through the whole semester without wearing the same suit twice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Loake for CTpost #61060 of 787199/30/13 at 7:34ampost #61061 of 787199/30/13 at 7:40ampost #61062 of 787199/30/13 at 7:45ampost #61063 of 787199/30/13 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Today I start a little personal contest. I have 14 nightshifts in a row and I want to use every suit, jacket, pants, shirt and tie in this 14 days only once. See details (Click to show)
DC, trousers that wide at the hem should have some break to avoid the "levitation" you're exhibiting here. A more substantial cuff would look nice, too.post #61064 of 787199/30/13 at 8:06ampost #61065 of 787199/30/13 at 8:21am
Don Cologne, a word of advice from a fellow hat wearer. Were I wearing the hat that you are wearing today, assuming that it is a snap brim, I'd flip the brim up in the back, and wear it at an angle (I leave it to you as to the level of rakishness you wish to invoke, should you do the same). The hat itself isn't bad, but with the brim down all the way around, and clamped on your head straight across, it isn't doing you any favours.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1582 Active Users (312 Members and 1270 Guests)
- › Where can I find hangers similar to Thom Browne's ? 4 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?