That jacket is so ridiculously over taken in at the waist that all considerations of tie knot are entirely secondary.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4048post #60706 of 787219/25/13 at 10:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #60707 of 787219/25/13 at 10:03ampost #60708 of 787219/25/13 at 10:26amQuote:'
That suit jacket has some pretty good-looking shape to it and seem to fit you spot-on. Would love to see the whole three-piece at some point, I'm thinking it will be pretty awesome. Details on the suit?post #60709 of 787219/25/13 at 10:36amQuote:
Thanks, I had the sides taken in to create some more shape!
I've posted the whole three-piece before, it's got a DB vest with burgundy lining. It's a Suitsupply suit, made from a Carlo Barbera fabric. It says "Cream Flannel, Australian Superfine Merino" on the label. And boy is it soft, it's a heavy fabric, but it feels so incredibly nice. Wearing the full three-piece is still a little too warm, because of the heavy fabric.post #60710 of 787219/25/13 at 11:12ampost #60711 of 787219/25/13 at 11:53ampost #60712 of 787219/25/13 at 12:17pmpost #60713 of 787219/25/13 at 12:22pmSeaJen that ensemble looks fantastic! How do you like Suit Supply? My measurements are crazy (48L in coats but a 38 in waist). Most suits that are 48L on coats have a 42 in waist which is waaay too big. Hopefully they accommodate.Quote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
Decided to give SuitSupply a try. It's still in the mid 70s here, so I dont feel bad wearing a linen/cotton jacket in the fall.
Details! (Click to show)
post #60714 of 787219/25/13 at 12:31pmpost #60715 of 787219/25/13 at 1:16pmQuote:
Thanks. I really like it for the price. I feared that it would be too short because I have the impression that SS stuff is tailored short, but I really like the length. I take a 44L and it fits great. I have lost a little weight recently though.post #60716 of 787219/25/13 at 2:21pmpost #60717 of 787219/25/13 at 2:24pmpost #60718 of 787219/25/13 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Wearing a three piece as a two piece. The suit has some odd wrinkles in the trousers and near the vents from being in a suitcase for a day, making it flare a bit. Need to get it pressed!Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Are those Carmina's Balmoral Boots? I just saw a MTO that looks ridiculously close to how those appear.
Either way, superb outfit all together.post #60719 of 787219/25/13 at 2:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Does anyone know why my pants look wonky like that at the cuff?
Do you wear socks or stockings? With stockings maybe some electrostatic charge moves the inside pant legs to the stockings.post #60720 of 787219/25/13 at 3:06pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 19 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 9 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 22 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 32 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 41 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 44 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 44 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...