Thanks, the collar gap is most likely caused by standing a little crooked when taking the pic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4043post #60631 of 787179/24/13 at 10:46ampost #60632 of 787179/24/13 at 10:46amOriginally Posted by Monkeyface
Trousers are Ede MTM cords; they are fun, aren't they?
The shirt is Luxire, a white "panana weave" which I think is a somewhat fancy oxford weave, yes. And I'll take the "almost"! For me, they're about right; not the full-on very Italian roll you sometimes see, but a more than the typical British one. I like it; it creates some attention around the centre of the body that replaces that which is lost by the lack of a tie.
They're definitely fun! I'd love to find some burgundy or perhaps yellow cords for a reasonable price. Yeah, that's why I said almost! The collar looks great, but it's on the border of being too much. Have you tried a slightly higher collar? If it stands more upright the roll would look a little less beefy.
I have tried a collar that's 0.25" higher than this in the past; it becomes too high for the back my neck. Anyway, I'm happy with the appearance as is.Originally Posted by in stitches
i am very displeased with my full pic today. which is a shame, because i really like the fit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Photo looks fine to me. My personal biases mean that I'm never going to be able to truly come round to pale brown/tan shoes with solid navy suits - it pulls the eye up & down way too much for my liking - but this must be a very decent example of the breed as I don't actually dislike it.post #60633 of 787179/24/13 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
GMMcL, very nice.
ZOOOMG STANLEY!! WE ARE SHOO TWINZ THIS FINE DAY!!!
i am very displeased with my full pic today. which is a shame, because i really like the fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like the combination of the shoes and the orange tie! What's wrong with the full pic? It's better than any pic I've ever posted on here.post #60634 of 787179/24/13 at 10:55amMr. Chris, very nice fits young man!
Stitchie, those shoes are very very orange, but I like the style on you.
DC, other than the fit/color of the cords (which is nice), this stuff is not flattering when put together...post #60635 of 787179/24/13 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Photo looks fine to me. My personal biases mean that I'm never going to be able to truly come round to pale brown/tan shoes with solid navy suits - it pulls the eye up & down way too much for my liking - but this must be a very decent example of the breed as I don't actually dislike it.
wow, thanks man! i have always loved the jarring juxtaposition of light tan shoes and a navy suit, and have been meaning to try it. today is that day. glad i did not fail.
not sure whats bothering me about the pic. maybe the angle, maybe the way my legs look, idk, but i dont like it. glad it seems to be just me for now.Quote:
thanks, buddy! see above for the answers you seek, and dont sell yourself short, hombre.Quote:
why thanks!post #60636 of 787179/24/13 at 11:06ampost #60637 of 787179/24/13 at 11:09ampost #60638 of 787179/24/13 at 11:36ampost #60639 of 787179/24/13 at 11:47ampost #60640 of 787179/24/13 at 11:52ampost #60641 of 787179/24/13 at 11:57ampost #60642 of 787179/24/13 at 11:59ampost #60643 of 787179/24/13 at 12:04pm
Indeed, I was only joking. I'm sure you know that JW isn't looked upon that favourably in the whisky world. Anyway, if I were drinking that much whisky I'd vary a bit between a good scotch, some rye (for the obligatory old fashioned), and even bourbon once in a while, but JW would not be part of the rotation (blue label being the exception, although it's a bit overpriced).post #60644 of 787179/24/13 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Indeed, I was only joking. I'm sure you know that JW isn't looked upon that favourably in the whisky world. Anyway, if I were drinking that much whisky I'd vary a bit between a good scotch, some rye (for the obligatory old fashioned), and even bourbon once in a while, but JW would not be part of the rotation (blue label being the exception, although it's a bit overpriced).
I went from Chopin (the vodka) to JW...I guess it's time to mix it up and switch. I really can't shell out $200 on the JW blue label because that means I can't go to Neiman Marcus and pick up a nice Tom Ford Charvet tiepost #60645 of 787179/24/13 at 12:33pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 17 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 28 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 43 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 49 minutes ago
- › GAZIANO & GIRLING Arran Brown Suede Chukka Shoes Boots Trees & Box... 53 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...