It is, thankfully, a trend that has fallen hard on the wayside. One of the interesting aspects of living in a country with such a collectivist mindset is that every trend is turned up to 11 until it reaches some saturation point and then just disappears. When I moved here in 2009, they were everywhere. Within two years, I was seeing them maybe 1 in 20 suits. Now I go entire weeks without seeing one. Shiny suits have been replaced by short jackets with skinny lapels. I'm half convinced that Asia is the origin of this trend.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4027
Styleforum Top Picks
Sneak peek of my new Tom Ford suit. I got it for a hefty discount but it still nearly bankrupted me.
Will be having the sleeves shortened a little and the pants waist taken in. Also I have to lose a couple of kilos myself.
Just threw on a random shirt and tie for this snap. Once the alterations are done I'll try to post a proper fit.
I like it, and I think the colours are nice, but there is too many patterns (jacket, shirt, tie and PS) and that makes it a bit busy. A plain shirt would be better.
I think considering Morten's youth and demeanor it's a perfectly appropriate and fun bit of eccentricity. If only more students took such trouble. Sure, it's a bit too bright even for me, but then I've just passed forty and he doesn't want to look like the other guys' dad. :)
(Diaz, Butch, nice to see those autumnal textures again. I think along with Pingson, your styles are my favourites in this thread. But he does have the advantage of living in the Arctic. Still 38C/100F here, just went for a walk at lunch time and got sunburned...might manage flannel in a month or two. On which note, nice soot, Coxaca*)
*How is one supposed to pronounce your name? When I say it, it sounds rather a lot like "cocksucker". Shurely shome mishtake?
Photographed by Khalil Musa at Gieves & Hawkes' launch party for Rose Callahan & 'Natty' Adams' new book 'I am Dandy: The Return of the Elegant Gentleman'. ( others from the event can be found on the Gieves facebook page, Rose's Flickr acount & various blogs around the web...)
First post. Go easy (please). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If only you had done the same...
Seriously, though, the tie is a lot. I don't care for it, but if you're going to wear it, I think it would look better if that were a casual suit instead of an odd jacket combo. Also, anyone wearing that tie shouldn't be concerned that it's going to flap in the breeze.
Well don't just sit there eating popcorn CM cos PC ain't gonna help much..
@acubed: I take it you were born in 82 making your a 31 year old.
Overall: clothes don't fit or suit you very much.
Jacket: is too big for you. Shoulders are too wide and jacket too long. Gorge is very high on the jacket too. Fasten the top button for jacket when standing and because you have not fastened the button, I cannot see if the jacket is too long for you.
Tie: Length should sit at top of belt buckle. Tie itself, burn it. If you gonna wear a tie bar it needs to be a lot higher, probably between the 3-4th button from the top on the shirt. Probably get a knitted Navy tie.
Pocket square is showing too much.
Shirt: lose the button down collar. Shirt Cuffs seem to me missing.
Those are some things i notice.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 15 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edge Dressing going soft/tack on briefcase 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw