That's what a first post should look like!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4018post #60256 of 787199/19/13 at 9:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #60257 of 787199/19/13 at 9:42ampost #60258 of 787199/19/13 at 9:54ampost #60259 of 787199/19/13 at 9:57ampost #60260 of 787199/19/13 at 10:01ampost #60261 of 787199/19/13 at 10:27amQuote:
Solar your outfit is almost awesome, the only part i don't see is any shirt cuff showing, but that's minor.
A beautiful outfit like that would work great anywhere in the world in my opinion.
You set a really high standard for yourself with your first post, but Keep doing it!!
@Terror : You are looking very good too.post #60262 of 787199/19/13 at 10:27amQuote:Originally Posted by niidawg3
The shoulders on both of those don't fit great UC - especially the first one. I would have considered either having the shoulders re-cut if i trusted the tailor ... or not doing anything to them at all and letting them go. Not a fan of the 3 button rendition on the second one. As it stands now they fit decent in the body, but overall it may not be worth the money spent in my eye. I have had to go through that iteration many times and have learnt to just let stuff go if its not going to get me the key things i need in fit (shoulder, chest, lapel width, button height)
Sorry for the some what harsh feedback.
No apology necessary. As it was, the shoulders were taken in from the center seam on the grey jacket, and yes, the results, though better, are not as optimal as either having more work done on them, or starting from scratch. As it is, I don't wear sports jackets that often, and for what they are, and what I wear them for, they're "good enough" for more casual occasions. I also agree that I'd have been happier had the blue jacket been a two-button, not a hard three.
I didn't spend a vast amount of money on the alterations, and if I decide to get rid of the jackets at a later date, it won't have been a large loss of cash.
Thanks for the honest (and informed) opinion.post #60263 of 787199/19/13 at 10:40ampost #60264 of 787199/19/13 at 11:27ampost #60265 of 787199/19/13 at 11:32ampost #60266 of 787199/19/13 at 12:17pmpost #60267 of 787199/19/13 at 12:26pmpost #60268 of 787199/19/13 at 1:36pmpost #60269 of 787199/19/13 at 1:42pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 57 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › GMTO Carmina Split Toe Derby 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shell Cordovan Black Cherry UK11.5 Oscar Last Burdeos 2 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...