Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4003post #60031 of 787219/16/13 at 3:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #60032 of 787219/16/13 at 3:39pmpost #60033 of 787219/16/13 at 3:47pmpost #60034 of 787219/16/13 at 4:14pmI didn't want believe it was TB. I'd gotten my hopes up before and had them dashed. It'd left me heart broken and alone. They were dark times.
Then I saw the neck in the first photo under the spoiler! Rejoice! It is him! Not just some fakish clone, but the man himself! Oh frabjous day!
... And the peasants rejoiced.post #60035 of 787219/16/13 at 4:14pmpost #60036 of 787219/16/13 at 4:49pmQuote:
I think your instinct was right w/r/t shirt color. It's the wrong hue IMO. I don't know if it quite clashes with the tie or if it's that it seems too eastery with the tie but together I don't like them with what is otherwise a very nice outfit.post #60037 of 787219/16/13 at 5:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Quote:Originally Posted by YRR92
I tend to think of RGB as a subset of hue -- it's kind of a stretch to have a clear conversation about saturation or value in RGB terms. I'm lucky enough to be able to do most of my thinking about color in analog, intuitive terms (I do my digital work in Snapseed, because in Photoshop I look at the values on the sliders, not the image itself), so I can be kind of imprecise.
It can certainly be done, but it requires a small amount of linear algebra - really all any one needs to know is a little bit about Linear algebra. HSV and RGB are both bases for the three dimensional vector space of colors. RGB is a cartesian coordinate system where as HSV is cylindrical. Each of the three (Red, Green, Blue, or Hue, Saturation, Value) is a component of the vector. Using this, the conversion between the two is pretty easy. The first thing to note is that the two coordinate systems are not oriented in the same way. In HSV, the longitudinal coordinate (Value) is oriented along the line (a,a,a) in the RGB coordinate system. This is to say that if you took all of the colors where red=blue=green, they would lie along the axis defined by the value coordinate. Geometrically, we can think of this as rotating our RGB cube. Taking this to be an axis requires that we give up RGB and have to choose two other axes in the plane perpendicular to V. For Hue, what we do is project the points on our RGB cube representing R, G, and B into the plane, and then measure hue as the angle formed by the line between the origin and our red point and the line between the origin and whatever color we're talking about. Now all we need is saturation, which just turns out to be the distance between our origin, and the point representing our chosen color projected on to our plane with the RGB points.
Using this, we can translate between one or the other at will and talk about colors using whatever is appropriate at the time.
jacobi matrix up in this bitchpost #60038 of 787219/16/13 at 5:31pmvery nice scbrown. brown and purple is a winning combo.Quote:
could not agree more.Quote:
thanks, C. what shade/hue would you suggest?post #60039 of 787219/16/13 at 6:26pmpost #60040 of 787219/16/13 at 6:39pmpost #60041 of 787219/16/13 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by zhao
Excuse the bad cell phone picture but just a quick question, does this tie work, or would solid be better with a charcoal pinstriped suit?
I think a solid or plaid tie would be a better option for a pinstripe suit. A striped tie can be done, but it takes a good amount of skill. Also, is that a womans jacket? The buttons should be on the right side of the jacket, but it appears that they are on the left. Maybe it's a reflection or something.post #60042 of 787219/16/13 at 6:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by steffenbp11
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This has to be one of the best reasons/incentives that I've heard for running a marathon!post #60043 of 787219/16/13 at 6:50pmpost #60044 of 787219/16/13 at 6:57pmpost #60045 of 787219/16/13 at 6:58pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Definitive Guide to Slim Fit Shirts 1 minute ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Leffot Tankers shell #8 (size 8.5D, Barrie last) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › didn't hear just outside if you wing 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...