Derk has a fussy baby, a sick wife, and a profound lack of sleep, and you're worried whether or not he's wearing pants? What sort of philistine are you, anyway?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4000post #59986 of 787219/16/13 at 6:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59987 of 787219/16/13 at 6:52amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
AWESOME all around. In addition to everything else, shoes look great- throat of the shoe laced up and closed, as it should be. Seems like with all the recent Carmina craze lately, there are a lot of shoes posted with the throat portion pulled open lookin sloppy. Well done on all fronts, sir!
Thanks for the kind words!post #59988 of 787219/16/13 at 6:55amQuote:
imo, he made sure to include to most important ingredient when wearing a colorful PS. make sure everything else is toned down and solid.
restraint. that is where its at.post #59989 of 787219/16/13 at 6:59amQuote:
I NEED PANTS! MY TAILOR NEEDS TO FINISH THEM! I WENT TO PICK THEM UP SATURDAY BUT THEY WERE STILL ABOUT 3/4" LONG SO HE'S FURTHER SHORTENING THEM!!!Quote:
The kind that has done that twice - the second time with a rambunctious five year old. This parent game is tough and you've got to play to win from the beginning. No slack for t3h n00bz.post #59990 of 787219/16/13 at 7:00am
too lazy for a tie...you think im actually gonna wear pants?!Quote:thansk man! and yes. who needs pants?Quote:its been a breeze until this weekend. wowza she's been FUSSY.Quote:
In all seriousness, pants are dove grey.post #59991 of 787219/16/13 at 7:33amQuote:
+1...and it's a young person's game, this coming from a not-young person playing said game...2:30am wake up call from 3 yr old today!post #59992 of 787219/16/13 at 7:36amOriginally Posted by Roy Al
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Disagree; that shirt can - and should - be worn with a tie IMO, but only with an otherwise ultra-sharp, business look. It would be a very English sort of look, necessitating, say, a navy suit (perhaps even a pin- or chalkstripe), black shoes and a similar tie one he's already wearing. White linen square or something like a navy polka dot if going for silk. I do agree that it looks out of place with the tie in the more casual outfit. But I would not like it open-collar either. Smart, City-ish sort of look is the way to go with it I think!
For example, if you were to use his shirt/tie combo in my outfit today, I think it would work pretty nicely:post #59993 of 787219/16/13 at 7:39ampost #59994 of 787219/16/13 at 7:57ampost #59995 of 787219/16/13 at 7:59am
@ Holdfast. Harvie & Hudson are, if for nothing else, known for their bold stripe shirts, and I picked the tie together with mr Harive sr. to go with that shirt. But as you say, it is supposed to be worn with a sharp british suit, and not a casual outfit as I had today.
H&H used to be my favorite shirtmaker, and this design particularly - and I have quite a few in blue, pink, red and yellow.
Still I understand those here who dislike the shirt; it is rather loud and can attract to much attention. That's the reason why I can only wear it on days that I can take that kind of looks...post #59996 of 787219/16/13 at 8:03ampost #59997 of 787219/16/13 at 8:04amhell of a time picking a shirt for this. ended up with this because i liked the texture. not sure the color blue is quuuuuuuite ideal tho.
i think i am happy with it.
ehrmagerh! clers erps!!! (Click to show)post #59998 of 787219/16/13 at 8:12amIS - I think that's a miss on the shirt. Tie is good with the jacket, though I'm not a huge fan of the tie.
Re the shirt: Too many solids and blue is too saturated.
I would have opted for a striped shirt. ie. Blue/White University stripe OCBDpost #59999 of 787219/16/13 at 8:13am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Suspension Point – Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 10 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 12 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 16 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 18 minutes ago
- › Seattle real estate 20 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...