nice combo derk, hope the home life gets back to normal.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4000post #59986 of 787239/16/13 at 6:49am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59987 of 787239/16/13 at 6:49ampost #59988 of 787239/16/13 at 6:50ampost #59989 of 787239/16/13 at 6:52amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
AWESOME all around. In addition to everything else, shoes look great- throat of the shoe laced up and closed, as it should be. Seems like with all the recent Carmina craze lately, there are a lot of shoes posted with the throat portion pulled open lookin sloppy. Well done on all fronts, sir!
Thanks for the kind words!post #59990 of 787239/16/13 at 6:55amQuote:
imo, he made sure to include to most important ingredient when wearing a colorful PS. make sure everything else is toned down and solid.
restraint. that is where its at.post #59991 of 787239/16/13 at 6:59amQuote:
I NEED PANTS! MY TAILOR NEEDS TO FINISH THEM! I WENT TO PICK THEM UP SATURDAY BUT THEY WERE STILL ABOUT 3/4" LONG SO HE'S FURTHER SHORTENING THEM!!!Quote:
The kind that has done that twice - the second time with a rambunctious five year old. This parent game is tough and you've got to play to win from the beginning. No slack for t3h n00bz.post #59992 of 787239/16/13 at 7:00am
too lazy for a tie...you think im actually gonna wear pants?!Quote:thansk man! and yes. who needs pants?Quote:its been a breeze until this weekend. wowza she's been FUSSY.Quote:
In all seriousness, pants are dove grey.post #59993 of 787239/16/13 at 7:33amQuote:
+1...and it's a young person's game, this coming from a not-young person playing said game...2:30am wake up call from 3 yr old today!post #59994 of 787239/16/13 at 7:36amOriginally Posted by Roy Al
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Disagree; that shirt can - and should - be worn with a tie IMO, but only with an otherwise ultra-sharp, business look. It would be a very English sort of look, necessitating, say, a navy suit (perhaps even a pin- or chalkstripe), black shoes and a similar tie one he's already wearing. White linen square or something like a navy polka dot if going for silk. I do agree that it looks out of place with the tie in the more casual outfit. But I would not like it open-collar either. Smart, City-ish sort of look is the way to go with it I think!
For example, if you were to use his shirt/tie combo in my outfit today, I think it would work pretty nicely:post #59995 of 787239/16/13 at 7:39ampost #59996 of 787239/16/13 at 7:57ampost #59997 of 787239/16/13 at 7:59am
@ Holdfast. Harvie & Hudson are, if for nothing else, known for their bold stripe shirts, and I picked the tie together with mr Harive sr. to go with that shirt. But as you say, it is supposed to be worn with a sharp british suit, and not a casual outfit as I had today.
H&H used to be my favorite shirtmaker, and this design particularly - and I have quite a few in blue, pink, red and yellow.
Still I understand those here who dislike the shirt; it is rather loud and can attract to much attention. That's the reason why I can only wear it on days that I can take that kind of looks...post #59998 of 787239/16/13 at 8:03ampost #59999 of 787239/16/13 at 8:04amhell of a time picking a shirt for this. ended up with this because i liked the texture. not sure the color blue is quuuuuuuite ideal tho.
i think i am happy with it.
ehrmagerh! clers erps!!! (Click to show)post #60000 of 787239/16/13 at 8:12amIS - I think that's a miss on the shirt. Tie is good with the jacket, though I'm not a huge fan of the tie.
Re the shirt: Too many solids and blue is too saturated.
I would have opted for a striped shirt. ie. Blue/White University stripe OCBD
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Poll: Friday Challenge 19TH September 2014: Brown tie without a... 7 minutes ago
- › Weekend trips to Hong Kong. bespoke suit. 8 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***Official Franco Ercoles Bespoke Thread (Brooklyn/Manhattan)*** 11 minutes ago
- › WTT AE MacNeil Black Caf Size 10.5 D 15 minutes ago
- › NWT Size 36” Thick grey flannel trousers by Incotex for K&C 16 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...