Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3993post #59881 of 787219/13/13 at 11:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59882 of 787219/13/13 at 12:05pmpost #59883 of 787219/13/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Nice jacket. Is it part of a suit? You are right about the ps. Not liking the tie so much....post #59884 of 787219/13/13 at 12:08pmpost #59885 of 787219/13/13 at 12:25pmpost #59886 of 787219/13/13 at 1:45pmpost #59887 of 787219/13/13 at 2:19pmpost #59888 of 787219/13/13 at 3:14pmOriginally Posted by Westpointkappa
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:
These pieces are nice. Flannel is great! Corduroy is a great item in the tool bag.
Thanks... and congratulations on getting the spoilers to work right at last! :)
Yep, looks very good here.
Autumn's definitely here; dark & raining all day long...
... which made it the perfect day for my new (albeit second-hand) trenchcoat to arrive. Much better fit across shoulders/chest/waist than any of my other raincoats. Ideally, I'd like a fraction more sleeve length and for it to hit at mid-calf to keep the trousers a little drier in heavy rain. But overall, I like it a lot and it's a keeper. I got it from stella_coats on eBay who always seems to have a good variety of used Burberrys & Barbours, is very helpful, and his measurements are accurate.post #59889 of 787219/13/13 at 3:42pmpost #59890 of 787219/13/13 at 4:02pmpost #59891 of 787219/13/13 at 4:09pmpost #59892 of 787219/13/13 at 4:10pmpost #59893 of 787219/13/13 at 4:33pmpost #59894 of 787219/13/13 at 4:35pm
I generally don't like herringbone sports coats but I'm kinda feelin that one.
The shirt is too similar in scale though. And a mostly white check shirt belongs in a different context than that SC. it's better with a blue blazer or blue suit.
Pocket square has nothing to do with anything. I'd go with a solid blue shirt and an earthtoned square.post #59895 of 787219/13/13 at 4:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
The Friday Challenge is "grey suit, white shirt, navy tie, black shoes", the preferred mode of patrickBooth, as suggested by Mr. Sugarbutch. As much as it goes against every fiber of my being (I always feel that I need some more color in my attire - in the struggle between "disegno" and ":colore", I lean towards "colore"), here's my attempt at severity.
Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
What a great fit crusty!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread just now
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Australia Travel Packages 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...