Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3990post #59836 of 787179/12/13 at 4:42pmpost #59837 of 787179/12/13 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Thanks for the thumbs yesterday, dudes!
Today. Taking one last chance to wear the summer weights before the weather turns foul and cold later this week. (Anticipatory Upside: TWEED!)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great look. I think a dark brown gren would've complemented the suit better :P I say this knowing you've been looking for one! HahaQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
miserably hot and humid, but i am wearing flannel and fuzzy tie, because, well, when it comes to the friday challenge, YOU JUST GOTTA MAN UP.
and yes, that is a PS. once again, the friday challenge is to blame.
also, i forgot how nice it feels to wear a stark, crisp, white shirt. i need to do this more often.
Love the flannel's!
nii - deets on the suit! GREAT look
Great fit. Deets on tie, please!post #59838 of 787179/12/13 at 4:52pmpost #59839 of 787179/12/13 at 4:55pmpost #59840 of 787179/12/13 at 5:28pmXPost from the Friday challenge. This one is a toughie considering the very limited colors to be used. I thought of going charcoal ala Sir Stichie but I didn't have a navy tie that would really pop with a darker gray suit. The other tie I was going to wear with this suit was much to similar to the one SB is wearing so I settled for this one.
Shirt & Tie: Armanipost #59841 of 787179/12/13 at 6:27pmQuote:Can't argue with you there, especially not after seeing the pics. Thought maybe I could get away with it in knit.
Any of you skinny guys want to trade this NWOT J Crew crunchy silk for a wider one?
And now what am I going to do with my 2.5" wide Drakes navy/red striped grenadine....Quote:Why you little!!
Actually, I have a brown garza fina that I considered wearing with this, but that would have made 3 gren ties in a row, so I decided to try to change it up.
Thanks for the thumbs, dudes.post #59842 of 787179/12/13 at 7:04pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:
These pieces are nice. Flannel is great! Corduroy is a great item in the tool bag.post #59843 of 787179/12/13 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ebonyman
XPost from the Friday challenge. This one is a toughie considering the very limited colors to be used. I thought of going charcoal ala Sir Stichie but I didn't have a navy tie that would really pop with a darker gray suit. The other tie I was going to wear with this suit was much to similar to the one SB is wearing so I settled for this one.
Shirt & Tie: Armani
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
my fav fit of yours Ebony..I have my eye on Purple Label suit too..perfect for my size too..will see what happens, lolpost #59844 of 787179/12/13 at 11:50pmThis jacket is obviously in heavy rotation. Maybe twice a week? As it gets cooler (finally), I suspect it'll be falling out soon. There may be a brief resurgence as the weather changes from wool-cool to overcoat-cold and I wear it under a coat, but then it'll be too cold for that. For now though, I'm milking it for all it's worth.post #59845 of 787179/13/13 at 12:58ampost #59846 of 787179/13/13 at 1:37ampost #59847 of 787179/13/13 at 2:40ampost #59848 of 787179/13/13 at 3:41amQuote:
Nice jacket; like the monks too. The overall combination of textures is very pleasing - lazy weekend look well done. Jeans are not "Classic Meanswear" in my book. But if there is a way to wear jeans like a man, this is it. And they look better than cargo pants. :)post #59849 of 787179/13/13 at 3:51amThe Friday Challenge is "grey suit, white shirt, navy tie, black shoes", the preferred mode of patrickBooth, as suggested by Mr. Sugarbutch. As much as it goes against every fiber of my being (I always feel that I need some more color in my attire - in the struggle between "disegno" and ":colore", I lean towards "colore"), here's my attempt at severity.
Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co.
Braces - Lewin
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #59850 of 787179/13/13 at 4:11amQuote:
I've told you before, but I will tell you again: I don't, i.e. do not, own cargo pants.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 18 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 40 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 3 minutes ago
- › Rule of thumb 5 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...