Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3983post #59731 of 787219/10/13 at 6:09pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59732 of 787219/10/13 at 6:56pmpost #59733 of 787219/10/13 at 7:06pmpost #59734 of 787219/10/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
+1 It was a great experience getting to meet Gianpaolo and Lino when I visited. Both gentlemen were extremely humble and charming!post #59735 of 787219/10/13 at 7:32pmThanks for the comments on the jacket yesterday everyone. It is one of my favorites. It, however, does need to be altered as I have lost a touch of weight and it could use some slimming in the upper body and waist area. Thanks!
It was 97 in Detroit today. Light colors and light fabrics were in order. Oxford cloth pants, cotton jacket, and I wore navy bucks at the bottom.post #59736 of 787219/10/13 at 8:01pmpost #59737 of 787219/10/13 at 11:23pmQuote:
We had the chance to speak with Lino for about 1.5 hours and it was a real pleasure. He's truly passionate about what he does, he loves it and you can feel it from the very moment you start talking to him.
Since somebody asked about the 7 tie, 7 is his favourite number, so he begun to insert it in his ties. Many people liked the idea and asked him to insert the 7s on the ties that they were buying from him. So, after many requests, he just started to produce them. On an unrelated note, all the ties are made with the same fabrics as the suits, and they feel amazing. I'd honestly buy them without the 7 though. Anyway, if you come to Milan, Al Bazar is definitely a place to go, IMHO.post #59738 of 787219/10/13 at 11:49pmpost #59739 of 787219/11/13 at 3:26am
DC your fits r just getting better and better. and BTW the English competence of Germans never ceases to amaze me- figures i guess given u kind of inveneted it way back rite?.
last fit from me for a while, going into the jungle.
BB SC, Kama BD, Drakes wool-silk, Carter 7 fold, Vass suede
London 5-eyespost #59740 of 787219/11/13 at 4:50ampost #59741 of 787219/11/13 at 5:17ampost #59742 of 787219/11/13 at 5:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This would be such a great outfit had you just held back a little on the socks. Too matchy-matchy by far. I would even consider substituting discreet black or dark brown shoes for the suedes.post #59743 of 787219/11/13 at 6:18am
Diaz I'll swap u that tie n square for my check jacket. love that damn tieOriginally Posted by RDiaz
collar is messed up in close-upQuote:
agree the socks r not rite- black shoe'd be a def no-no tho - the fit has casual elements- OCBD, brown tie, puffed square, blazer that aren't compatible with the formality of black shoes. suede's rite here IMO but with blue socks.
Edited by Pliny - 9/11/13 at 7:06ampost #59744 of 787219/11/13 at 6:26ampost #59745 of 787219/11/13 at 6:49amQuote:Quote:
I was stationed at Darmstadt for two years. I had a blast the whole time (except for some Army stuff). I went all over Europe whenever I had a chance and learned skiing. I skiid the Swiss and Austrian Alps but my favorite place was the Garmish resort in southern Germany (think that's what it was called). I liked Frankfurt with the cool music clubs and Christmas market in December. Only went to Munich once but just drove through.
I also liked going to the French and Spanish Riviera in the summer.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › CHALLENGE: SW&D does "Traditional" DEADLINE JULY 12, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › COMMON PROJECTS DRESS CHUKKA - SIZE 42 9 minutes ago
- › Nike + Kevin Lyons - AIR YOU BREATHE - Windrunner Medium 11 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 17 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...