Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:38 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3983post #59731 of 787199/10/13 at 6:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59732 of 787199/10/13 at 7:06pmpost #59733 of 787199/10/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
+1 It was a great experience getting to meet Gianpaolo and Lino when I visited. Both gentlemen were extremely humble and charming!post #59734 of 787199/10/13 at 7:32pmThanks for the comments on the jacket yesterday everyone. It is one of my favorites. It, however, does need to be altered as I have lost a touch of weight and it could use some slimming in the upper body and waist area. Thanks!
It was 97 in Detroit today. Light colors and light fabrics were in order. Oxford cloth pants, cotton jacket, and I wore navy bucks at the bottom.post #59735 of 787199/10/13 at 8:01pmpost #59736 of 787199/10/13 at 11:23pmQuote:
We had the chance to speak with Lino for about 1.5 hours and it was a real pleasure. He's truly passionate about what he does, he loves it and you can feel it from the very moment you start talking to him.
Since somebody asked about the 7 tie, 7 is his favourite number, so he begun to insert it in his ties. Many people liked the idea and asked him to insert the 7s on the ties that they were buying from him. So, after many requests, he just started to produce them. On an unrelated note, all the ties are made with the same fabrics as the suits, and they feel amazing. I'd honestly buy them without the 7 though. Anyway, if you come to Milan, Al Bazar is definitely a place to go, IMHO.post #59737 of 787199/10/13 at 11:49pmpost #59738 of 787199/11/13 at 3:26am
DC your fits r just getting better and better. and BTW the English competence of Germans never ceases to amaze me- figures i guess given u kind of inveneted it way back rite?.
last fit from me for a while, going into the jungle.
BB SC, Kama BD, Drakes wool-silk, Carter 7 fold, Vass suede
London 5-eyespost #59739 of 787199/11/13 at 4:50ampost #59740 of 787199/11/13 at 5:17ampost #59741 of 787199/11/13 at 5:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This would be such a great outfit had you just held back a little on the socks. Too matchy-matchy by far. I would even consider substituting discreet black or dark brown shoes for the suedes.post #59742 of 787199/11/13 at 6:18am
Diaz I'll swap u that tie n square for my check jacket. love that damn tieOriginally Posted by RDiaz
collar is messed up in close-upQuote:
agree the socks r not rite- black shoe'd be a def no-no tho - the fit has casual elements- OCBD, brown tie, puffed square, blazer that aren't compatible with the formality of black shoes. suede's rite here IMO but with blue socks.
Edited by Pliny - 9/11/13 at 7:06ampost #59743 of 787199/11/13 at 6:26ampost #59744 of 787199/11/13 at 6:49amQuote:Quote:
I was stationed at Darmstadt for two years. I had a blast the whole time (except for some Army stuff). I went all over Europe whenever I had a chance and learned skiing. I skiid the Swiss and Austrian Alps but my favorite place was the Garmish resort in southern Germany (think that's what it was called). I liked Frankfurt with the cool music clubs and Christmas market in December. Only went to Munich once but just drove through.
I also liked going to the French and Spanish Riviera in the summer.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 second ago
- › Viberg Boots 49 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 16 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.