or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3974

post #59596 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post
 

Org, that is pure Apparel Arts perfection, with just enough of an easy air to make it very "real-world." I'm not a hat guy, myself, but yours is clearly well-proportioned.

 

RoyA, given that I wore a more minimal version of your latest post yesterday, it might not be surprising that I think yours has a great silhoutte, but needs to be toned down a bit. I wouldn't dress a windowpane jacket up that far. I also think your shirt's pattern is a bit much in and of itself, and as much pattern as you have between the shirt, tie, and hank is too much for so little color. Not a bad effort, but it falls into the valley between a touch of dandyism and full-on maximalism.

 

The idea was to play with different shades of blue. But I get your point: less is more.

post #59597 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! And even nicer to see a fellow audiophile......(assuming you would admit to being as such)

 

Thank you.

Sort of audiophile, I'm a bit into british hi-fi.

post #59598 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
9-9-131.jpg9-9-132.jpg9-9-133.jpg

This is great.
post #59599 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post

Org, that is pure Apparel Arts perfection, with just enough of an easy air to make it very "real-world." I'm not a hat guy, myself, but yours is clearly well-proportioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
9-9-131.jpg9-9-132.jpg9-9-133.jpg

This is great.

Thanks, guys. This may be the last season for this jacket. I love the fabric, but it just doesn't fit very well around the collar.
post #59600 of 75871
It's an interesting pic Orge. The full shot at a distance looks like two outfits split, with cold blues on top and warm browns below. Only on the close ups do you see the brown in the tie and the jacket's over check which serve to tie the two halves together. Looks good.
post #59601 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Supoib, Derek. Makes me wish I wore suits. Well... Not really, but you look good.

Thanks CM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

(Kindly substitute the name "Don Draper" for "Barry Manilow." Thanks!)

lol8[1].gif love that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

Wish there was a figurative font because we all know that Stitchy Poo might not realize what your intention and would gladly take up this offer. 
uhoh.gif good point T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradwu View Post

More dates to come!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #59602 of 75871
have not read thread since wednesday afternoon. here is some stuff i liked. if you are not in here, well, sorry i guess.

pingson, deets on tie if you can. thanks!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post




New tie from Conrad Wu! I was super excited to get this around my neck this week. 36oz silk with hand rolled edges and 3 fold construction. Lightweight, great drape, and solid. Jacket is SS, TM Lewin shirt, Yount trous, and G&G Hoves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Wore this today. Hotel hallway lighting..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Today:



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

m1.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
m2.jpg
m3.jpg
m4.jpg
m5.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

When I pulled on this jacket this morning I didn't think that I would coordinate with this pretty pee yellow wall. Cheers.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post




Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

We were late for lunch, so I had zero time to mess with the balance of the camera. Anyway, my attempt at "shoulder season" (thanks for the phrase, HF).

Linen jacket with lightweight wool trousers and a wool/cotton blend tie in very autumnal colors.



Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Something a little different :/

n1.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
n2.jpg
n3.jpg
n4.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I feel like I should have gone with a grossa rather than a fina. Live and learn. This morning it was overcast and cool, so I said fuck it, tweed and flannel. Now, if I go outside, the tweed is off and I'm seriously regretting flannel. Clothing induced climatic myopia.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

Hi guise-
Some nice fits lately.
Clags that's a beautiful jacket, and snap on the tie.  fina or  gossa still looks great, and the fina will probably last longer fistbump.gif







Italian-Oxfords in Antic Cognac
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post






Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Back from vacation in the Pacific Northwest. Any resemblance to a fully conscious human being is totally coincidental.

Suit and boots - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson
Tie & braces - PRL
Cufflinks - Vancouver Art Gallery (handcrafted by a First Nations artist)


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post



2nd date with the new Conrad Wu tie. And the lapel pin specifically for southernstyle. Suck it. wink.gif

Suit by Isaia, Borrelli shirt, Conrad Wu tie, McNairy "fuck off" square, and JLobb Westminsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

9-9-131.jpg9-9-132.jpg9-9-133.jpg
post #59603 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Back from vacation in the Pacific Northwest. Any resemblance to a fully conscious human being is totally coincidental.

Suit and boots - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson
Tie & braces - PRL
Cufflinks - Vancouver Art Gallery (handcrafted by a First Nations artist)

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 I really dig the tie, Crusty! :D

post #59604 of 75871
fistbump.gif
post #59605 of 75871

Lunch? Shoot, I hope you didn't go to 고기집 so well dressed. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

We were late for lunch, so I had zero time to mess with the balance of the camera. Anyway, my attempt at "shoulder season" (thanks for the phrase, HF).

 

Linen jacket with lightweight wool trousers and a wool/cotton blend tie in very autumnal colors.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #59606 of 75871

:bounce2:

post #59607 of 75871

FML - Dark brown tie is the answer. I've been trying so hard to find a tie that would go with a suit of similar color to yours. Thx!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Something a little different :/
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
n1.jpg

 

post #59608 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 I really dig the tie, Crusty! biggrin.gif

cheers.gif
post #59609 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

I feel like I should have gone with a grossa rather than a fina. Live and learn. This morning it was overcast and cool, so I said fuck it, tweed and flannel. Now, if I go outside, the tweed is off and I'm seriously regretting flannel. Clothing induced climatic myopia.



Tell your tailor not to cut patch breast pockets drunk.
post #59610 of 75871
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

FML - Dark brown tie is the answer. I've been trying so hard to find a tie that would go with a suit of similar color to yours. Thx!

Hard time finding a tie to go with a blue suit?? confused.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III