Still a little hot where I am for camel hair, but I can't wait until I can wear it. Very nice jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3970post #59536 of 787229/8/13 at 8:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59537 of 787229/8/13 at 8:09amQuote:
Thank you. The fit isn't quite spot on -- it's too big around the collar, I think. It's camel-colored flannel, half-lined, and I wore it with lightweight trousers, so it squeezed by on a day in the mid-70s which I mostly spent indoors. Camel doesn't get the love it deserves, IMHO. One of the top three sportcoats (up there with navy blazer and gray herringbone tweed).post #59538 of 787229/8/13 at 8:12ampost #59539 of 787229/8/13 at 8:33ampost #59540 of 787229/8/13 at 8:34ampost #59541 of 787229/8/13 at 8:36ampost #59542 of 787229/8/13 at 8:44ampost #59543 of 787229/8/13 at 9:08ampost #59544 of 787229/8/13 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Victor Elfo
I'm sorry, but this is not even close to good, as we conceive it.
First, is this a black suit? If it is, this is how a black suit should be donned and how a jacket should fit you. I'm going to talk about the tie knot, but here is some reading for you on tie knots. About the tie itself, is it made of satin? It does looks like satin, which is not good on that color (black or midnight blue for satin neckties). The pocket square should be burned, especially when combined with that tie, and you should tuck the substitute more. I'm, also, going to advocate against dark shirts, especially for a newbie. The belt and the shoes are a good match, seeming to be tasteful (assuming that both are of good quality), but they're way out of what would be a coherent combination for them. Your watch and your glasses are way too large for you, try something more proportional.
That is how a black suit should be donned if you are an older man. I personally think a lot of the fits showcased as "great" on SF are infact to boxy and baggy.
Don't disagree with your advice, just want to clarify that a more contemporary fit is also acceptable.post #59545 of 787229/8/13 at 11:55ampost #59546 of 787229/8/13 at 12:29pmpost #59547 of 787229/8/13 at 12:53pmpost #59548 of 787229/8/13 at 12:59pmQuote:
So I should clarify to you that fit and silhouette are different things. I addressed fit, you understood it as silhouette. The "how a black should be donned" part addressed the accessories, not the silhouette. However, I wasn't very precise on my remarks, so, my bad here.post #59549 of 787229/8/13 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by ananses3m
I have been lurking on this forum for a while, finally decided to join. Here goes my first post
Oh dear. I am not passing judgement but, what about this outfit did you think was going to be SF CM approved? This is like a checklist of SF CM violations. Unbuttoned BD shirt? Check. Micro-lapel's with collar gap? Check and check. Matched PS and tie? Check. Poorly tied novelty knot? Check.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 seconds ago
- › 토토사이트추천【 ＫΟ46ㆍＣΟＭ 】 스포츠토토사이트 안전놀이터 59 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › 토토사이트추천【 ＫΟ46ㆍＣΟＭ 】 안전놀이터추천 스포츠토토추천 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Casentino Wool Peacoat sz 44R (US)/54R (EU) ...$2795 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...