Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3957post #59341 of 787179/5/13 at 6:56ampost #59342 of 787179/5/13 at 6:59ampost #59343 of 787179/5/13 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
2nd day back. Still no kids yet.
Nice jacket! What's it like for you as far as teaching in NYC is concerned? I read all kinds of negative stories about how hard it is to teach these days but you and the other NYC teacher (can't remember his name now) seem to be OK with it.post #59344 of 787179/5/13 at 7:09ampost #59345 of 787179/5/13 at 7:14ampost #59346 of 787179/5/13 at 7:20ampost #59347 of 787179/5/13 at 7:22am
Thank you for your arguments, guys, I'm really changing my mind on fresco.
Thank you for the insight on the mainstream opinion about fresco. About the Blazer Suit, if I'm not mistaken, the cloth wasn't the main asset of the project (as Manton made three of those, one in fresco, one in linen and one in flannel), the details were (three patch pockets, slightly lighter than navy cloth and notch lapels).Quote:Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I think you're slightly over estimating the formality of fresco. It never quite stays crisp. Trousers don't hold a crease terribly well and arms will wrinkle a bit.
For me, it's borderline for business. Okay - maybe not borderline but within walking distance of the border. Generally fine for work and, as you say, great for travel but not for occasions where you really need to be dressed up.
Not sure if my bunch is different from yours, but mine is pretty crisp all day long, except when it's humid. I'm pending to that opinion too. What do you say about fresco for casual wear?Quote:
Just for curiosity, db light gray fresco coat with hip patches and dark brown buttons: orphan or not?post #59348 of 787179/5/13 at 7:25amQuote:
I teach at a public school with dedicated students and a supportive administration. I think both of these are essential to happiness as a teacher. I was at a school several years ago with a supportive administration and indifferent students. I was miserable there. I consider myself very lucky. I have it good.post #59349 of 787179/5/13 at 7:26amQuote:
i know this isnt directed to me but IMHO hip patch pockets and brow buttons are the antithesis of an orphaned jacket. Patch pockets have an obvious connotation, but TO ME, brown buttons on anything other than a brown suit are less formal, lending to the sportcoat/not suit look.post #59350 of 787179/5/13 at 7:26ampost #59351 of 787179/5/13 at 7:28ampost #59352 of 787179/5/13 at 7:32ampost #59353 of 787179/5/13 at 7:34ampost #59354 of 787179/5/13 at 7:45amDerek loves Gnatty (Click to show)Quote:.Quote:
This needed to be put together. Also, Derek I'd be wary of Gnatty. That's Sid Vicious in his avatar - at least I'm pretty sure it's Sid Vicious. You go after him and he might totally fuck you up then come take all of your clothes and convert them to the Gnatty neck.Quote:
This is awesome, and I want to find something constructive to say, but the only thing that sticks out is the slight apparent yellowness of the trousers - which as a pastelish-color sort of clashes with the more muted tones going on up top - but I feel like this is only minimally off lateral, especially since the color could be an artifact of the processes between the pants and my eyes.Quote:Originally Posted by Victor Elfo
Thank you for the insight on the mainstream opinion about fresco. About the Blazer Suit, if I'm not mistaken, the cloth wasn't the main asset of the project (as Manton made three of those, one in fresco, one in linen and one in flannel), the details were (three patch pockets, slightly lighter than navy cloth and notch lapels).
I believe that's correct and that was part of the point I was trying to make - that (at least with fresco) it seems that the styling on the jacket has more to do with determining the formality than the fabric itself. That same cloth with two + hacking flap slit and barchetta as well as peak lapels certainly would not work as an odd jacket, but I can't think of any fabric, with those details, that could make that work as an odd jacket. I could be wrong though.Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
I teach at a public school with dedicated students and a supportive administration. I think both of these are essential to happiness as a teacher. I was at a school several years ago with a supportive administration and indifferent students. I was miserable there. I consider myself very lucky. I have it good.
Far out man. I am glad that you enjoy teaching where you do - especially in a public school. The US needs more good teachers.
Edited by mktitsworth - 9/5/13 at 8:02ampost #59355 of 787179/5/13 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
My "fresco" trousers stay quite crisp and hold a crease rather well, but I believe it's because they're made from older CrispAire, which is not much of a fresco as it is a regular plain weave worsted.
I agree with patch pockets in odd jackets being almost mandatary. In retrospect, I wish I had ordered them with my MTM blazer.
So I would disagree with the patch pockets being mandatory for a body fit reason. If you are like myself which I realize most people on SF are not and you have wider hips. Putting a patch pocket accentuate this.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Wine Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 38 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 44 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Cheaney Tweed boots in Dark Leaf (New) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Matt's Holiday Food Log (Holding Myself Accountable) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...