Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3953
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59282 of 787219/4/13 at 9:19ampost #59283 of 787219/4/13 at 9:46ampost #59284 of 787219/4/13 at 9:46ampost #59285 of 787219/4/13 at 9:58amQuote:
Suit and shirt are both MTM, the suit cloth is a navy birdseed from Vitale Barberis Canonico, don't know the number unfortunately, shoes are EG Malvern
Top looks a little too pale for my taste - would have liked to see a darker tie here to balance the trousers and to give the eyes something to fixate onpost #59286 of 787219/4/13 at 10:08amQuote:
Thank you for your answer, I'd the same impression. How do you stand on fresco trousers combined with cotton or linen odd coats? I'm okay with the combination, but I feel like the opposite is not as successful.post #59287 of 787219/4/13 at 10:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Victor ElfoQuote:
Thank you for your answer, I'd the same impression. How do you stand on fresco trousers combined with cotton or linen odd coats? I'm okay with the combination, but I feel like the opposite is not as successful.
I agree here too, with cotton or linen trousers the jacket need some kind of texture to balance the trousers, more texture than what fresco offers anywaypost #59288 of 787219/4/13 at 10:23ampost #59289 of 787219/4/13 at 10:37ampost #59290 of 787219/4/13 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Hi guise- thank you for the likes
Pings and VE I didn't notice the worsted, but I agree that a rougher, textured worsted such as yours works. cavalry twill or flannel or corduroy I like too
ME- you've gotta hell of a drop. That DB fits u like a 2nd skin.
.. Trying out another blue on grey combo-
Henry Carter plum grenadine (fina, i think) on
Kamakura OCBD in the Tokyo Slim fit. Their Oxford cloth is their thickest, but not as heavy as BB's standard Oxford IMO. Still good though, with a smoother finish, flatter and with less of a sheen than a Royal Oxford, and somehow it rolls better- more elasticity in the cloth I guess.
Anyway this one's got more of a roll and more tie space than yesterday HF, prob because this one's a half size up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
BB blazer - plaid with a light blue deco Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Again, another lesson on "less is more". The rich solid burgundy tie and that perfectly shaped collar set the stage for the brilliant pattern of the coat. Really liking the Vass Oxfords. Not one detail too many; nothing is overlooked.post #59291 of 787219/4/13 at 11:00am
Today last post for some days. Tomorrow I start in a short vacation.
This wonderfull Oxxford clothes sports coat I get today from ebay.com. Fits very well, maybe the sleeves are 1-2 cm too long.
Edited by DonCologne - 9/4/13 at 5:03pmpost #59292 of 787219/4/13 at 11:23am
I'm a first time poster long time lurker. I commend all of you on your high sense of fashion and I thought it was about time I step my game up.
I definitely want to go for the slimmer fits I've seen from most all of you and to give some background, I recently graduated from college where I played soccer and ran track (therefore I have huge quads and glutes)
I'm 6'2" and weight about 212 lbs. 33-34" waist, 16.5" bicep circumference, with thigh size of 26-27" approx. Here is a picture in the one suit I have now since I've slimmed down from ~240lbs. Definitely want to get down to say 195-200 lbs if it means I'll be able to fit into slimmer suits.
Thanks for your help now here go the pictures....
Suit: Jos A Banks
Shirt: Jos A. Banks
Shoes: Aston Grey
Edited by faribeana88 - 9/4/13 at 12:13pmpost #59293 of 787219/4/13 at 11:29am^^Welcome! not bad at all for a first post! a few things id fix though....
-trous are too long...have them taken up so they have just a slight break
-shirt sleeves too short...show some cuff!
-jacket looks too big from the back pic...a decent tailor could probably remedy the rumples
-white linen PS is always a good ideapost #59294 of 787219/4/13 at 11:37am^^^^Welcome.
I can't see the details of your suit. Is it a solid navy? I don't think JAB gets much love here as the material and workmanship are not up to the standard generally posted in this thread.
From what I can see, your suit could stand some tailoring in the shoulder area in the rear and the pants are too long with way too much "break". The "Shows" look a little ruff for posting in this thread as well.
Shirt and tie don't seem bad at all. Keep lurkin' and learning. There are some seriously well dressed dudes in this crowd and you'll learn a lot.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 19 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...