Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3950post #59236 of 787239/3/13 at 6:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59237 of 787239/3/13 at 6:25amIt fits u perfectly.
Lol I've had to come to terms with every right sleeve doing an Agnellipost #59238 of 787239/3/13 at 6:44ampost #59239 of 787239/3/13 at 7:08amQuote:
Except that it appears he is wearing it in ... Vegas? If so, rock out for a night out. But don't wear it to the conference the next day.
Today. The little squares on the tie have little flecks of blue, so I passed on the pure white PS for the tipped version. I know it is not everyone's cup o' tea.post #59240 of 787239/3/13 at 7:19amQuote:
good look, pingson. tie and jacket maybe a tad close in scale?post #59241 of 787239/3/13 at 7:20ampost #59242 of 787239/3/13 at 7:31ampost #59243 of 787239/3/13 at 8:13amQuote:
+1, words fail me - the jacket could probably work in a substantially more sombre settingQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
It fits u perfectly.
Lol I've had to come to terms with every right sleeve doing an Agnelli
This is probably my most well-fitting jacket, which is highly ironic given how much time (and money) I have spent on MTMpost #59244 of 787239/3/13 at 8:16ampost #59245 of 787239/3/13 at 8:31ampost #59246 of 787239/3/13 at 8:32ampost #59247 of 787239/3/13 at 8:40ampost #59248 of 787239/3/13 at 8:42amQuote:
Thanks for the words HC..The suit fits well and fills its purpose.. as for my shoe or shoes.. I like a more chiseled elongated shoe..but there is nothing wrong with a slightly rounder shoe..its just when I think rounder shoe, I think of A.E's and even though they are well constructed shoes the look makes me think old man.. I rarely see a pair on SF where I go, "wow, those look awesome!" and I did check out Carmina's but found nothing in my size..(14.5)..so I go with what I can find that is aesthetically pleasing to my eye...if you know of any affordable (under $500) alternatives in my size with an elegant rounded toe, please let me know!Quote:
Yea I know about the Lapels.. its about 3.25 inches wide..I'm more of a 3.5-4 guy Lapel width wise.. but when purchasing off the rack you get what you get.. now a majority of my suits fall in that 3.5-4 region but like I stated at the beginning its a good rotation suit..typically wear it once a month or so...So, it serves it purpose.. the Washington suit from SS was a good purchase and it fit well but its more of a winter suit..which means here I can only wear it really two months out of the year in the central valley in CA..so it was an okay buy but I do have a little of buyers remorse, lol..post #59249 of 787239/3/13 at 8:43amOriginally Posted by Monkeyface Your orange tie is especially festive, and although this square goes very will with it, I can't help but feeling the tie is a little alone right now in your outfit. It could use a friend or two that hint at festiveness as well. Perhaps a less dark/businessy suit would've helped?
Thx guys. I don't know though... the tie is so bright that I wanted it to be the focal point rather than disseminating visual interest through the look. I could have gone the other extreme and chosen tan shoes, and a p/s highlighting the bright tie too, of course. But I kind of liked the strong centre instead of the more usual saccade encouraging style of dressing.
Thx; Brooks Brothers Black Fleece, several years old now.
lol, the very essence of damning with faint praise!
The overall look is very nice. Nitpicking, I think the shirt needs a little more tie space at the collar.post #59250 of 787239/3/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
Yea I know about the Lapels.. its about 3.25 inches wide..I'm more of a 3.5-4 guy Lapel width wise.. but when purchasing off the rack you get what you get.. now a majority of my suits fall in that 3.5-4 region but like I stated at the beginning its a good rotation suit..typically wear it once a month or so...So, it serves it purpose.. the Washington suit from SS was a good purchase and it fit well but its more of a winter suit..which means here I can only wear it really two months out of the year in the central valley in CA..so it was an okay buy but I do have a little of buyers remorse, lol..
Yeah, I can imagine it's a little harder to find. I guess you don't really have seasons over there, it's pretty much always nice weather. Definitely makes things easier wardrobe wise. They had plenty of Washington cuts in summer fabrics though, so perhaps that's something to keep an eye out for next summer season?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Home Ownership Thread 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)