Cantabrigian, who makes such a nice shoulder extension for you without calling it blasphemy? Kinda reminds me of iammatt's Rubinaccis
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3945post #59161 of 787218/30/13 at 7:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59162 of 787218/30/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
More casual than regular WAYWRN but...
Normally I really like your fits, but this is (I believe) the second time I've seen this DB of yours and I don't think it works on your frame. Makes you look pear-shaped.Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Is there some in-joke here that I'm not privy to? Again, normally I admire your taste. Sorry, not this time.post #59163 of 787218/30/13 at 8:12pmpost #59164 of 787218/30/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Not a fan, personally. Perhaps I've seen too many cheap/bad examples, and that's coloured my perception of the style. But I feel's there's something mish-mashy about the style. Brogued lace-up boots, sure; can look fantastic. But brogued chelseas... eh, just not for me. I didn't realise "dealer boot" was the name for this style; I thought it was just another synonym for chelseas generally. Learn something new every day!
I learned that distinction online, so it's suspect. I'm convinced there's a nice pair out there, but I keep seeing terrible ones. The nicest I've seen were at Paul Stuart, and were an incredibly refined version -- chiseled last, super fine broguing, brown suede. You could hardly tell they weren't plain toes.
McBindle: the DFIH might be a bit big for that collar, which has a little less roll than my ideal. When I wear a shirt whose BD collar strikes me as a little short with a tie, I often reach for a knit (skinniest ties I own). The ground of the tie is a bit too similar to the jacket. IMHO, with a navy blazer, medium gray trousers > charcoal almost all of the time. I'm not as adamant about full-lengths as some (though I include them whenever possible), but a little more distance between camera and fit would help.
EDIT: Canta, is that a hopsack suit? The textures there are amazing.post #59165 of 787218/31/13 at 7:03am
Poll is up. It's a crowded field--20 entrants.post #59166 of 787218/31/13 at 1:07pmpost #59167 of 787218/31/13 at 2:56pmpost #59168 of 787218/31/13 at 3:29pmpost #59169 of 787218/31/13 at 6:41pmpost #59170 of 787219/1/13 at 12:06ampost #59171 of 787219/1/13 at 6:47ampost #59172 of 787219/1/13 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Unfortunatetly the fotos are not from good quality. Artificial light and the missing of a tripod here at the work, make it hard to make good fotos.
Don since I've joined this forum your posting have always been on point. Keep up your style and fashion mission going forward.post #59173 of 787219/1/13 at 10:30amDon - not to , but about your DB suit there... yes, the button placement looks off. Having them so close makes everything outside of them (your waist) look wider). Removing the top two helped. Also, I cringe when seeing the cuffs shortened and the buttons so close to the edge. RTW suits with functional cuffs are dumb but even more so when they aren't scaled with the sizes. I've passed on too many suits because I knew I'd have to shorten the sleeves and they were functional so it was pointless to buy because the buttons would end up at the sleeves edge and I think that looks really bad. Ie, if your sleeve buttons aren't functional, I would suggest removing the first one and having the buttonhole stitching removed so you have closer to the normal 1-1.5' of space there. Otherwise, just something to watch out for in future. To me it's such a clear sign the suit was altered around to 'make it work'. Of course most items are RTW, not bespoke/MTM, but let's at least try to maintain the illusion huh?
AAS - I'll go against the fuddy duddy grain, I think SC+shorts is very difficult to pull off and you've done a great job here. Shirt looks a bit formal for the rest of the fit but otherwise very solid execution on that one. Keep the damn loafers too.
Tirailleur1 - Solid as always, just good stuff. Nice job buddy!post #59174 of 787219/1/13 at 10:43ampost #59175 of 787219/1/13 at 11:04amUnlined dupioni silk suit: Beckett & Robb
Linen shirt: Luxire
Lined and raised saddle leather belt: Equus
Calfskin shoes: Johnston & Murphy
Grenadine Tie: Hober
Madder pocket square: Shibumi
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is my first ever completely unstructured/unlined jacket. Thinking it might need to be nipped in just a bit at the waist.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 36 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › 38S/R RLPL St. Andrews Navy 3-Button Suit 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › RLPL St. Andrews 3-Button Navy Suit -- 38 S/R 8 minutes ago
- › Style help 9 minutes ago
- › JOHN LOBB BLACK TWO-EYELET DERBY UK 8E 24 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 26 minutes ago
- › SW&D Sneakers and Trainers Challenge: 1 August – 9 August 2015 27 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...