Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3945post #59161 of 787238/30/13 at 4:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59162 of 787238/30/13 at 4:34pmpost #59163 of 787238/30/13 at 7:37pmpost #59164 of 787238/30/13 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
More casual than regular WAYWRN but...
Normally I really like your fits, but this is (I believe) the second time I've seen this DB of yours and I don't think it works on your frame. Makes you look pear-shaped.Quote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Is there some in-joke here that I'm not privy to? Again, normally I admire your taste. Sorry, not this time.post #59165 of 787238/30/13 at 8:12pmpost #59166 of 787238/30/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Not a fan, personally. Perhaps I've seen too many cheap/bad examples, and that's coloured my perception of the style. But I feel's there's something mish-mashy about the style. Brogued lace-up boots, sure; can look fantastic. But brogued chelseas... eh, just not for me. I didn't realise "dealer boot" was the name for this style; I thought it was just another synonym for chelseas generally. Learn something new every day!
I learned that distinction online, so it's suspect. I'm convinced there's a nice pair out there, but I keep seeing terrible ones. The nicest I've seen were at Paul Stuart, and were an incredibly refined version -- chiseled last, super fine broguing, brown suede. You could hardly tell they weren't plain toes.
McBindle: the DFIH might be a bit big for that collar, which has a little less roll than my ideal. When I wear a shirt whose BD collar strikes me as a little short with a tie, I often reach for a knit (skinniest ties I own). The ground of the tie is a bit too similar to the jacket. IMHO, with a navy blazer, medium gray trousers > charcoal almost all of the time. I'm not as adamant about full-lengths as some (though I include them whenever possible), but a little more distance between camera and fit would help.
EDIT: Canta, is that a hopsack suit? The textures there are amazing.post #59167 of 787238/31/13 at 7:03am
Poll is up. It's a crowded field--20 entrants.post #59168 of 787238/31/13 at 1:07pmpost #59169 of 787238/31/13 at 2:56pmpost #59170 of 787238/31/13 at 3:29pmpost #59171 of 787238/31/13 at 6:41pmpost #59172 of 787239/1/13 at 12:06ampost #59173 of 787239/1/13 at 6:47ampost #59174 of 787239/1/13 at 7:50amQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Unfortunatetly the fotos are not from good quality. Artificial light and the missing of a tripod here at the work, make it hard to make good fotos.
Don since I've joined this forum your posting have always been on point. Keep up your style and fashion mission going forward.post #59175 of 787239/1/13 at 10:30amDon - not to , but about your DB suit there... yes, the button placement looks off. Having them so close makes everything outside of them (your waist) look wider). Removing the top two helped. Also, I cringe when seeing the cuffs shortened and the buttons so close to the edge. RTW suits with functional cuffs are dumb but even more so when they aren't scaled with the sizes. I've passed on too many suits because I knew I'd have to shorten the sleeves and they were functional so it was pointless to buy because the buttons would end up at the sleeves edge and I think that looks really bad. Ie, if your sleeve buttons aren't functional, I would suggest removing the first one and having the buttonhole stitching removed so you have closer to the normal 1-1.5' of space there. Otherwise, just something to watch out for in future. To me it's such a clear sign the suit was altered around to 'make it work'. Of course most items are RTW, not bespoke/MTM, but let's at least try to maintain the illusion huh?
AAS - I'll go against the fuddy duddy grain, I think SC+shorts is very difficult to pull off and you've done a great job here. Shirt looks a bit formal for the rest of the fit but otherwise very solid execution on that one. Keep the damn loafers too.
Tirailleur1 - Solid as always, just good stuff. Nice job buddy!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 second ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ((((Start)))) Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons Live NFL 1 minute ago
- › (((WATCH™)))Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons Live NFL Stream 1 minute ago
- › FrEE@!@!@! Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons Live StReaM NFL 1 minute ago
- › (((Live!^!Stream)))Enjoy Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › WATCHNOW! Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Atlanta Falcons Live NFL... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)